Houston
Sponsored by

2022 DisAstros Thread

175,747 Views | 1876 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Echoes97
scd88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
***** Tepura is from Houston, too. What a dick. I wish upon him a lifetime 5.00+ ERA.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
And herpes.
sts7049
AG
speaking of herpes, odorizzi is back and back to his old self
txags92
AG
sts7049 said:

speaking of herpes, odorizzi is back and back to his old self
Why is he even out there at this point? The rotation we had was cruising against the toughest teams in the league, and Odorizzi can't even hold the freakin Royals under 4 midway through the 2nd. Go back to what was working and let him pitch some mop up innings.
schmendeler
AG
Not a great return from odorizzi
jetch17
AG
WALK OFF DONG!

schmendeler
AG
Yordan with the win!
Chewy
AG
txags92
AG
WTF Dusty? Why are we watching this guy walk in runs?
2 run lead and you left him walk 2 batter and hit one to load the bases, and you let him keep pitching? Even after he gets a guy to strikeout because he is too dumb to watch 4 straight balls outside the zone?
schmendeler
AG
Yordan and Maldy demonstrating value there. Whew!
TarponChaser
92.5 mph on the throw from Yordan and 275' on a rope.
schmendeler
AG
Amazing. And just sent one into the Crawford boxes.
TarponChaser
schmendeler said:

Amazing. And just sent one into the Crawford boxes.

He's why my oldest boy chose to wear #44. Because he says, "I want to hit like a right-handed Yordan."
jetch17
AG
JSKolache
AG
TarponChaser said:

92.5 mph on the throw from Yordan and 275' on a rope.
I couldnt throw half that far. There's a lot crazy capability with top tier athletes, obvi. But gunning a dude down at home from essentially the wall, in the air, is incredibly rare.
Jock 07
AG
In town and thinkin about taking my 6 year old boy to the Thursday day game. Probably been ~8-10 years since I've been to a game. I used to have a go to garage that was like 5 or 10 bucks to park in and never got too crazy. What's the parking situation for a weekday day game? Any tips anyone would care to share?
TexasAggie2006
AG
Jock 07 said:

In town and thinkin about taking my 6 year old boy to the Thursday day game. Probably been ~8-10 years since I've been to a game. I used to have a go to garage that was like 5 or 10 bucks to park in and never got too crazy. What's the parking situation for a weekday day game? Any tips anyone would care to share?
Show up at 5:45-6:00 and look for parking on the surface streets. Most meters don't charge after 6 pm and you'll be set. There are some that are 3 hr max and 24 hr reserved, so just read the signs before walking into the game.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
You can probably find a garage or surface lot for 10-20 if you're willing/able to walk a couple blocks.

https://www.google.com/maps/@29.7559434,-95.3590774,18z
TexAg2001
AG
TexasAggie2006 said:

Jock 07 said:

Show up at 5:45-6:00 and look for parking on the surface streets. Most meters don't charge after 6 pm and you'll be set. There are some that are 3 hr max and 24 hr reserved, so just read the signs before walking into the game.
This. I'm typically able to find free parking on the street within 3-4 blocks of MMP for most games I attend. Usually around Texas/Caroline streets.

Sorry, I just noticed that Thursday is a day game, so this won't be free parking.....
TarponChaser
Jock 07 said:

Depending on where you're coming from we always park in the surface lot at Congress & Jackson across the street from Jackson St. BBQ and enter the CF entrance to MMP.

$20 to park (playoffs & WS were more- paid $50 to park here for game 7 in 2019), easy in & out. And easiest access to the freeway- you can hop on 59N and even if you want to get to 10 or 45 just take the first exit on Lyons and work past St. Arnold's. It's a whole lot faster than trying to get anywhere headed north or west of MMP after a game.
htxag09
AG
TexasAggie2006 said:

Jock 07 said:

Show up at 5:45 and you can park damn near wherever you want as the game will be over.....

For the question, your go to garage was probably the court parking garage. Not sure if that option is still available for weekday day games as they'll be using it.

Most street parking has a max time during the day, so may be cutting it close. Safest bet is probably just a surface lot where they're charging $20. Should be decent availability for a Thursday day game.
maroon barchetta
Texaggie7nine
I would try lot at La Branch & Prarie. They are $20 and one block from MM.
7nine
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Jock 07 said:

Now that school is out, there will be more summer camps there etc. the day games have been drawing solid crowds, it is always a nightmare for me to get home because of the traffic. Dodging al the drunk idiots going the wrong ways on a one way is fun.

These lots have affordable parking from what I have seen driving home.

1401 Congress St, Houston, TX 77002
1311 Preston St, Houston, TX 77002
502 Austin St, Houston, TX 77002
406 La Branch St, Houston, TX 77002
schmendeler
AG
I'm looking to get some Crawford Box seats (x2) for the Aug 12 (Fri) game against Oakland. Is there anyone that has tickets they want to unload?
Jock 07
AG
Thanks for all the suggestions, I really appreciate it. After looking at google maps I think it was the garage at Walker & La Branch that I used to always park in.
Jock 07
AG
Last post should've been a thumbs up
Texaggie7nine
I just assumed there was a rub & tug near that garage.
7nine
Jock 07
scd88
AG
What is it with the Royals? While we may win more than lose against them, we sure do seem to battle with them. On paper, we should smoke these guys.
JSKolache
AG
We left waaay too many ducks on the pond.
Bassmaster
AG
Jackson St. BBQ is no more. They tore it down a little over a month ago.
TarponChaser
Bassmaster said:

Jackson St. BBQ is no more. They tore it down a little over a month ago.

Bummer. Didn't know that as I haven't had time to go to a game since early May.
cptthunder
Texaggie7nine said:

I just assumed there was a rub & tug near that garage.
They are talking Minute Maid not Reliant, wrong sport/wrong team
jetch17
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.