Houston
Sponsored by

2022 DisAstros Thread

175,751 Views | 1876 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Echoes97
David_Puddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Needed that one yesterday to stop the bleeding. Time to go on a streak. Any recent updates on Altuve? Guessing a couple weeks minimum?
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33810814/mlb-letter-new-york-yankees-detailed-illicit-use-technology-prior-2017-sign-stealing-edict-sources-say
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
jetch17
AG
txags92
AG
Red Pear Realty said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33810814/mlb-letter-new-york-yankees-detailed-illicit-use-technology-prior-2017-sign-stealing-edict-sources-say
So all that whining and crying, and they were doing the same thing. Let's see an investigation into Cora's Sox next...
jetch17
AG
Serotonin
AG
txags92 said:

Red Pear Realty said:

So all that whining and crying, and they were doing the same thing. Let's see an investigation into Cora's Sox next...
The spin from NY media is that Yankees were sending signals to runner on second base (not directly to batter like Astros).

It looks more noble but in fact the reality is that:

a) It's still using technology to cheat which they made a huge fuss over
b) Plate appearances are much more important with a runner in scoring position
txags92
AG
Serotonin said:

txags92 said:

Red Pear Realty said:

The spin from NY media is that Yankees were sending signals to runner on second base (not directly to batter like Astros).

And the guy on second base was tipping the batter. Tomayto, tomahto, they were using technology to cheat and have no high ground from which to think they are any different from the astros.
Serotonin
AG
txags92 said:

Serotonin said:

txags92 said:

Red Pear Realty said:

And the guy on second base was tipping the batter. Tomayto, tomahto, they were using technology to cheat and have no high ground from which to think they are any different from the astros.

100%
Chewy
AG
David_Puddy said:

Needed that one yesterday to stop the bleeding. Time to go on a streak. Any recent updates on Altuve? Guessing a couple weeks minimum?
Here's Altuve running yesterday and he looks good. I think he's eligible to come off the DL tomorrow but I bet we won't see him in Toronto but hopefully next week.

Oh and eff the Yankees. I don't like the tarnish on our title but the holier than though attitude from Yankees and Red Sox fans is total BS.

sts7049
AG
what they did wasn't different, but the timing also matters. we did ours after warnings were already given about stopping.
txags92
AG
sts7049 said:

what they did wasn't different, but the timing also matters. we did ours after warnings were already given about stopping.
Well lord knows the MLB would never give a warning to the Yankees or the Red Sox...cheating is cheating. If you are cheating, you don't get to call out other teams for cheating.
schmellba99
AG
sts7049 said:

Weren't warnings given league wide?
sts7049
AG
yeah, after the yanks and sox were using the electronic stuff. if I recall correctly

and then we proceeded anyway
Texaggie7nine
Either the players knew about the memo and did it anyways, or the front office knew and it did not get to the players.

7nine
jetch17
AG
TarponChaser
sts7049 said:

The Yankees and Red Sox continued after the warnings too.
Al Bula
AG
I believe the rangers lead the all time series by 14 games. So do we even the series or have a lead over them by the end of this season?

Edit: looks like we have to go perfect to in the 15 remaining games this season to take the lead.
JSKolache
AG
Tuve playing in Sugar Land Fri and Sat. If youve never been, just get a cheap seat and then head straight to outfield bar for the night.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Either the players knew about the memo and did it anyways, or the front office knew and it did not get to the players.

The reason we got in trouble was bc we continued to do it when MLB told us not to.
MAS444
AG
No one other than Astros fans cares about this or sees it as vindicating the Astros in some way. Just the way it is.
TarponChaser
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Texaggie7nine said:

The reason we got in trouble was bc we continued to do it when MLB told us not to.

So did the Red Sox in 2018. You know, when they beat us in the ALCS and won the World Series??

I simply don't give a **** about what the Astros did or didn't do. It's part of baseball. What pisses me off is the way they were scapegoated and all the sanctimonious players (looking at you Cory Seager and Joe Kelly) and fanbases who refused (some still are refusing) to admit their teams were doing the same **** in some fashion. They may not have been banging on trash cans but they were using electronics to steal signs and relay them to hitters.

**** 'em in the ear.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
TarponChaser said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Texaggie7nine said:

So did the Red Sox in 2018. You know, when they beat us in the ALCS and won the World Series??

I simply don't give a **** about what the Astros did or didn't do. It's part of baseball. What pisses me off is the way they were scapegoated and all the sanctimonious players (looking at you Cory Seager and Joe Kelly) and fanbases who refused (some still are refusing) to admit their teams were doing the same **** in some fashion. They may not have been banging on trash cans but they were using electronics to steal signs and relay them to hitters.

**** 'em in the ear.
I dont disagree with you
txags92
AG
MAS444 said:

No one other than Astros fans cares about this or sees it as vindicating the Astros in some way. Just the way it is.
I am just going to enjoy the opportunity to stuff this into the ear of every Yankees fan I hear bagging on the Stros as cheaters. Whether they care or not will be immaterial to enjoyment I will get out of it.
Serotonin
AG
McCann talked about how often they had to switch signs against the dodgers in game 7 of the WS with no one on:

And electronic stealing dates at least to the 80s:
https://nypost.com/2020/01/17/tony-la-russa-was-using-cameras-to-steal-signs-in-the-80s-jack-mcdowell/
scd88
AG
**** the sanctimonious MLB. I follow the Astros but the rest of the league can pound sand. Won't watch any games, either.
jbanda
AG
Yessir. I won't watch anything but Aggies and Astros (and formerly the Texans). Couldn't care less about anyone else. Also, I can't stand national shows and commentators (ESPN is on only when a game involving my two teams is on). And I always watch the games with the sound off and music on.
jetch17
AG
schmellba99
AG
TarponChaser said:

sts7049 said:

The Yankees and Red Sox continued after the warnings too.

100% so did every other team in baseball
jetch17
AG
schmendeler
AG
Your reaction time is admirable
jetch17
AG
schmendeler
AG
Congrats to Dusty on win #2000
jetch17
AG
schmendeler
AG
The Mariners mustered two runs in three games.
Texaggie7nine
schmendeler said:

The Mariners mustered two runs in three games.
I hope we can some more runs tomorrow.
7nine

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.