Houston
Sponsored by

2022 DisAstros Thread

175,743 Views | 1876 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Echoes97
maroon barchetta
How long do you want to ignore this user?
schmendeler said:

You guys are gonna go nuts when you hear about vacation days.

Yeah. They have vacation days that they can use for waiting in lines and going to parades. Just ahead of a season where people burn lots of vacation days.

Doubtful.
schmendeler
AG
Whatever it takes to make you feel superior
maroon barchetta
schmendeler said:

Whatever it takes to make you feel superior

I would accept breakfast tacos if you will deliver.
swimmerbabe11
not everyone works during the day or works Monday through Friday.
Sea Speed
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Yea and all of them think its worth waiting in line for 12 hours for an autograph. People are completely unable to recognize time value. You see it when anything scarce is up for grabs, especially if there's an opportunity to make a few bucks flipping it.
schmellba99
AG
Sea Speed said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Yea and all of them think its worth waiting in line for 12 hours for an autograph. People are completely unable to recognize time value. You see it when anything scarce is up for grabs, especially if there's an opportunity to make a few bucks flipping it.
I agree with what you are saying...and it's not anything I would do, but then again, I spend a ****load of time at my deer lease that a whole lot of people would think is a waste of time. You spend a ****load of your time demanding all women wear burkas and finding something wrong with anything somebody else does, which others may view as a waste of time value.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
That's not the real trophy….just sayin
Sea Speed
AG
But I can judge others while doing something else. For instance, im waiting to start my duties as a chaperone for my oldest kids field trip today.
Windowshopper
Quote:

You spend a ****load of your time demanding all women wear burkas

This is gold.
htxag09
AG
My god. Wgaf if people think waiting hours in a line to say hello to Tucker and have him sign something is worth it. Good grief
htxag09
AG
Volunteering at hole 11 today, right next to the trophy. Might have to sneak over when there's no line

And just to put all the why aren't you working peeps at ease, volunteering through my company. Out here with a couple VP's
BillYeoman
What about all those people who spend hundreds/thousands of dollars and waste time at World Series game when they can save that money staying at home and learn French during commercial breaks?

People are so inefficient these days…..
htownag10
AG
James Click is gone
txags92
AG
htownag10 said:

James Click is gone
NM. That is surprising to me. Thought he would jump at the chance to stick around.
htownag10
AG
txags92 said:

htownag10 said:

James Click is gone
NM. That is surprising to me. Thought he would jump at the chance to stick around.

Well he deserved more than the 1 year offer Crane was giving him. That's why he's gone
Ciboag96
Someone must have been willing to snag him for a multi-year deal.
BarryProfit
htownag10 said:

txags92 said:

htownag10 said:

James Click is gone

Well he deserved more than the 1 year offer Crane was giving him. That's why he's gone

Assuming you think he was instrumental in the Astros success. I'm in the camp that believes he was not but I agree it's obviously an unconventional opinion and I guess we'll soon see.
Chewy
AG
This reminds me a lot of Hunsicker and Drayton. They both had the same goals but just couldn't get along.

Both sides and whoever can spin it however they want but it was really a mutual parting of the ways. They just didn't see eye to eye.

We still got a World Series out of it so that's all that matters in my eyes.
maroon barchetta
Chewy said:

This reminds me a lot of Hunsinger and Drayton. They both had the same goals but just couldn't get along.

Both sides and whoever can spin it however they want but it was really a mutual parting of the ways. They just didn't see eye to eye.

We still got a World Series out of it so that's all that matters in my eyes.

FIFY
[/Ben in Nassau Bay]
txags92
AG
htownag10 said:

txags92 said:

htownag10 said:

James Click is gone

Yeah the one year offer was really a courtesy offer...ie "I am not going to outright fire you a week after the team won the World Series, but I am going to make you an offer that makes it clear that you are not part of my long term plans for management of the team." We can disagree about whether he deserved more. I can't point to any moves he made that were slam dunk wins for the Astros.
MAS444
AG
Pretty hard to question Jim Crane at this point I think.
htownag10
AG
txags92 said:

htownag10 said:

txags92 said:

htownag10 said:

James Click is gone

Yeah the one year offer was really a courtesy offer...ie "I am not going to outright fire you a week after the team won the World Series, but I am going to make you an offer that makes it clear that you are not part of my long term plans for management of the team." We can disagree about whether he deserved more. I can't point to any moves he made that were slam dunk wins for the Astros.

I'd imagine I'd it were 2 years he would have stayed but also shows "hey you have 2 more years to prove yourself or you're out"
htownag10
AG
Scott powers let go too. Makes sense. He was brought in by Click
Mikeyshooter
AG
Crane already has someone in mind. Wasn't there a guy in Seattle who just resigned that Crane has a boner for?
htownag10
AG
Montero resigned for 3 years $34.5 million
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
schmellba99 said:

Sea Speed said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

I agree with what you are saying...and it's not anything I would do, but then again, I spend a ****load of time at my deer lease that a whole lot of people would think is a waste of time. You spend a ****load of your time demanding all women wear burkas and finding something wrong with anything somebody else does, which others may view as a waste of time value.
I don't know what the hell happened on this thread, but I can confirm that he can be found working at the crack of dawn in the butthole of the world.
GoAgs92
AG
My kid got Tuckers Autograph at Fanfest back when he was a nobody, wait was 15 minutes.

Of course he also got Tyler White which is worth nothing.
[img]http://readthetruth.com/images/dinosaur.gif[/img]
Sea Speed
AG
Ran in to you know who again the other day. Was there all night 3 nights ago and surprised I didn't again.
htownag10
AG
https://michaelschwab.substack.com/p/welcome-post?utm_source=direct&r=1imdf&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web
BoxingAg84
Pena at Canes
htownag10
AG
Here we go

Chewy
AG
Rizzo staying with the Yankees. Sound like Rosenthal making sheet up about the Astros again.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Where is Hensley slotted to play?
Chewy
AG
My guess is Hensley replaces Diaz as the utility infielder. I believe he's deemed a second baseman.

My guess is Yuli comes back on a one year deal and I'm good with that.

He's still good at contact and scooping balls at first.
Chewy
AG
Just looked it up. Hensley started 31 games at SS in Sugar Land last year.

23 at 3B
22 at 2B
15 at 1B
6 at LF
3 at DH

Dusty loves him and he seems to have a good awareness of the strike zone at the MLB level so I bet he replaces Diaz since he's a free agent and really hasn't done much.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.