Houston
Sponsored by

2022 DisAstros Thread

170,679 Views | 1876 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Echoes97
TarponChaser
How long do you want to ignore this user?
12th Man Ag said:

I am fine with their team right now EXCEPT for centerfield. Must get someone better than McCormick, Dubon, or Meyers out there. Especially if we are sticking with Maldanado. We can just give up the 7,8,and 9 spots in the order.

Also, Michael Wacha is still out there. Would love to see him with the Astros.

McCormick is an above-average CF. Defensively he's borderline elite and offensively he's solid. For the money, he's an outstanding value.
schmendeler
AG
I agree. Chas is better than most people want to give him credit for.
htownag10
AG
12th Man Ag said:

I am fine with their team right now EXCEPT for centerfield. Must get someone better than McCormick, Dubon, or Meyers out there. Especially if we are sticking with Maldanado. We can just give up the 7,8,and 9 spots in the order.

Meyers isn't looking like a good investment. McCormick plays centerfield just fine. Madly is irreplaceable. Remember when brad asmus was behind the plate? Couldn't hit for **** but could call a good came and Maldy is the same way.

Wacha is a waste of money. There isn't any room for him at all.
TarponChaser
htownag10 said:

12th Man Ag said:

Meyers isn't looking like a good investment. McCormick plays centerfield just fine. Madly is irreplaceable. Remember when brad asmus was behind the plate? Couldn't hit for **** but could call a good came and Maldy is the same way.

I'd be willing to give Meyers more time to see where he gets when he's fully recovered from his shoulder surgery. He really flashed a lot of potential as a rookie but this past season was injured and never right when he came back from surgery.
htownag10
AG
TarponChaser said:

htownag10 said:

12th Man Ag said:

I'd be willing to give Meyers more time to see where he gets when he's fully recovered from his shoulder surgery. He really flashed a lot of potential as a rookie but this past season was injured and never right when he came back from surgery.

I mean if he wants to be an Aggie homer then Tyler Naquin makes sense. He can play all 3 outfield positions.
98Ag99Grad
AG
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/35293179/report-giants-postpone-carlos-correa-intro-medical-concern

Totally didn't see this coming
98Ag99Grad
AG
Carlos to Mets

Welp, guess the Mets don't care
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
Mets bought some talent this offseason.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
BohunkAg
AG
Eh...good for Carlos...probably better off there.
Diggity
AG
it's a crazy life being a ballplayer. One day you're thinking you might spend the next decade and a half on the west coast, the next day you're doing that on the east coast.
htxag09
AG
Diggity said:

it's a crazy life being a ballplayer. One day you're thinking you might spend the next decade and a half on the west coast, the next day you're doing that on the east coast.

One team thinks you're a medical liability the next will pay you $300mm+
htxag09
AG
Per the athletic, Mets have concerns over Correa's medical evaluation as well….
Quote:

The New York Mets, like the San Francisco Giants earlier in the week, have raised concerns about Carlos Correa's surgically repaired lower right leg, potentially jeopardizing their 12-year, $315 million agreement with the star shortstop, according to people briefed on the matter who were not authorized to speak ...
Chewy
AG
Merry Christmas 2022 World Series Champions Fans!
The Wonderer
AG

htxag09
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CnAMFGkJBE4

They're all coming back
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
htxag09 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CnAMFGkJBE4

They're all coming back
This reminds me, I need to call Blummer
randy828
AG
Just received this email. WTF?

Quote:

Traditions Lunch with MLB Pitcher Ross Stripling '12 - Monday, Jan. 9 @ Grotto
Someone needs to tell them, not Houston.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2876382-dodgers-p-ross-stripling-says-hed-intentionally-hit-astros-batters-amid-scandal

What I really think is funny, is notice how they skip over the part about his pitching for Los Angeles in the email:
Quote:

Join us for our first HAMC event of the year - Traditions Lunch this Monday, Jan. 9, to hear from current MLB pitcher Ross Stripling '12. Ross pitched a no hitter the day he graduated from A&M with a 4.0 in accounting. He went onto the MLB, pitching for the Toronto Blue Jays for several year, and just signed a $25 million contract with the San Francisco Giants! We also have a signed jersey to give away at the event.
Bondag
AG
randy828 said:

Just received this email. WTF?

Quote:

Traditions Lunch with MLB Pitcher Ross Stripling '12 - Monday, Jan. 9 @ Grotto
Someone needs to tell them, not Houston.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2876382-dodgers-p-ross-stripling-says-hed-intentionally-hit-astros-batters-amid-scandal

What I really think is funny, is notice how they skip over the part about his pitching for Los Angeles in the email:
Quote:

Join us for our first HAMC event of the year - Traditions Lunch this Monday, Jan. 9, to hear from current MLB pitcher Ross Stripling '12. Ross pitched a no hitter the day he graduated from A&M with a 4.0 in accounting. He went onto the MLB, pitching for the Toronto Blue Jays for several year, and just signed a $25 million contract with the San Francisco Giants! We also have a signed jersey to give away at the event.

It's a bleacher report hypothetical. For $25 you can ask him about it.
itsyourboypookie
David Happymountain said:

sts7049 said:

anyone see Liver King at the game yesterday?

https://instagr.am/p/ChFKXViOENZ
Liver King was on roids?!?!

No way.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wellness/2022/12/06/liver-king-steroids-apology-ancestral-diet/
Quote:

According to the private emails allegedly sent by Johnson, he was at one point spending at least $11,000 a month on vials of the human growth hormone Omnitrope.

Just gotta eat bull nuts to look like that

The Wonderer
AG
Looking like Yuli is going to Miami.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Happy for him.
Echoes97
AG

Us And Them - The Pink Floyd Experience
http://www.usandthemband.net

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.