Houston
Sponsored by

2022 DisAstros Thread

175,742 Views | 1876 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Echoes97
htownag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
schmellba99 said:

htownag10 said:

schmellba99 said:

htownag10 said:

schmellba99 said:

Fuggin announcers drive me nuts, they want the yankees to win in the worst possible way

It's national broadcast so that's why it seems that way. 98% of the season we listen to/watch the Astros broadcast so we get used to the Astros bias. They aren't aren't wanting them to win like you think they are.

You poor dumb *******....

Aww poor baby. The announcers talking about the other team hurt your feelings.

Just said it is annoying....but if it makes you fel better to make ahit up, by all means...go ahead.

You act like it's Bob Costas or Joe Buck. That crew wasn't biased towards anyone for the series.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Would it kill Jim to put a championship tshirt on?
12th Man Ag
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Would it kill Jim to put a championship tshirt on?

Only one championship matters!
Texaggie7nine
Just a yearly tradition. WS town
7nine
txags92
AG
Jock 07 said:

And dare I say Altuve starting to turn it around?
He stopped trying to pull everything and started slapping those outside pitches into right field.
txags92
AG
Yankees now 0-3 in the ALCS against the Astros.

swimmerbabe11
swimmerbabe11
txags92
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Losers whine about doing their best. Winners go home and F a supermodel.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
We need to play every home game against the Yankees next year with the roof open just to troll them.
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

cant wait for salsa Night at the juice box tonight and tomorrow nights

Salsa night was big in NYC anoche. MVP, Bregs with the huge hit, Altuve getting on base finally, and Mr McCullers with 5 hard earned innings that kept us in it.
swimmerbabe11
was his dry spell on base or hitless?
12th Man Ag
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

was his dry spell on base or hitless?

He had reached on a few walks, but was hitless. That is over and he will be the WS MVP!
howdydamnit04
AG
Altuve had 2 hits. 7th and 9th innings.
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
This should have been longer to be even better.

Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Red Pear Realty
Sponsor
AG
David_Puddy
AG
Yessir....who wants to sell me WS tickets?
Chewy
AG
I'll be the first to admit Pressly Playoff Crow is the best crow. Hope he keeps serving it because I'm eating it.
sts7049
AG
i think the neris HR was the first run the bullpen gave up all playoffs, no?

edit, nevermind, montero gave up one in game 1. i thought i saw that stat somewhere though.
MAS444
AG
I'm going to buy a few tickets for Friday. Does anyone have an opinion on whether ticket prices will generally go up or down in the coming days?
maroon barchetta
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
MAS444 said:

I'm going to buy a few tickets for Friday. Does anyone have an opinion on whether ticket prices will generally go up or down in the coming days?
I think they will drop.
David_Puddy
AG
MAS444 said:

If you wait until a couple hours before gametime, they will drop significantly. I see SRO going for $450 right now, which is absurd. I'd bet those are going for half that much or less by Friday around 5 pm. Definitely do not buy them now, but if you do don't go back and look at what you could've bought them for on gameday.
BMX Bandit
prices will definitely drop. last year, bought tickets section 109, row 13 for game 6 at 5:00 on game day $600 each plus fees. Those tickets listed at $1444 each plus fees currently for game 2 and at $1200 each plus fees for game 1.

edit because i can't type

MAS444
AG
Yeah I thought they'd probably drop. I'll wait. Also, maybe swimmer will sweeten her deal in the meantime...
htxag09
AG
BMX Bandit said:

prices will definitely drop. last year, bought tickets section 109, row 13 for game 7 at 5:00 on game day $600 each plus fees. Those tickets listed at $1444 each plus fees currently for game 1 at $1200 each plus fees.

Yeah. We went to every 2017 playoff game (minus one ws game when I was in midland) by purchasing tickets right before or after first pitch. Have a kid and responsibilities so only did it for a couple games last year. People on the fb Astros marketplace page are trying to sell 400's for $1500 a pair lol. Someone asked and I told them to wait. A lot of people questioned me and when I said yes, I've done it before, even for the World Series, they called me a liar
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Take a look at the Astros tix buy/sell groups an hour before a game. It's a literal fire sale with people just wanting something for their seats.
Chewy
AG
They should drop but what I've seen they're starting off much higher than before.

I think a lot of people are on to the waiting so curious when people start pulling the trigger.

I've had a couple reach out to me and have heard people in the office talk about wanting to go. Seems like a ton of buzz for people wanting to go. More than 2019 and 2021.

I paid $1,100 for Jim Beam Club area for Game 7 of the 2019 WS. I'm curious what $1,000 will get you for any of these games.
htxag09
AG
Astros charged a lot more, too. Think it was close to $400 for SRO. So, by default, a lot of people that just bought trying to resell are going to list higher to make the money they expected.
David_Puddy
AG
Ducks4brkfast said:

Take a look at the Astros tix buy/sell groups an hour before a game. It's a literal fire sale with people just wanting something for their seats.

Got a link?
digging tunnels
AG
SRO value was $290. I couldn't even get those the in the Group B season ticket holder list.

400s started at $315
Ducks4brkfast
AG

MAS444
AG
If I'm not waiting til the last minute (just don't want to risk that), are there regularly going to be deals in that group that are much better than 3rd party apps like stubhub? I'm looking for club level or better only.
MAS444
AG
And FWIW...prices are definitely higher today. Dammit.
htxag09
AG
MAS444 said:

And FWIW...prices are definitely higher today. Dammit.

Prices will continue to rise until Thursday, maybe Friday.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.