Houston
Sponsored by

2022 DisAstros Thread

175,748 Views | 1876 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Echoes97
grizzo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Quote:

The Houston Astros announced on Friday afternoon that right-hander Cristian Javier will start Game 3 of the American League Championship Series against the New York Yankees on Saturday. Fellow right-hander Lance McCullers Jr., who had been expected to get the nod, will instead start Sunday's Game 4.

McCullers told reporters, including Mark Berman of FOX26, that he was pushed back a day after being hit in the elbow by a spare champagne bottle as Houston celebrated their Division Series sweep over the Seattle Mariners.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/astros-to-start-cristian-javier-in-alcs-game-3-after-lance-mccullers-jr-injured-by-champagne-bottle/
Damn. I wanted him against Cole, but I have faith in Javier. Doesn't ever really seem phased.

McCullers can complete the sweep on Sunday.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Were any of you able to get through on the presale today? I didn't see the email in time.

I wonder how many tickets were actually for sale, after eliminating season ticket holders, and league and corporate sponsor tickets.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
When do the ws tickets go for open sale? Or did I miss that one too? Google is just giving me a buttload of secondary ticket sites.
Ducks4brkfast
AG
Harry Lime said:

Were any of you able to get through on the presale today? I didn't see the email in time.

I wonder how many tickets were actually for sale, after eliminating season ticket holders, and league and corporate sponsor tickets.
I got in. Stros wanted damn near $400 for nosebleeds with an obstructed view. F that.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
The email said my exclusive "presale" was from Noon to 1 today.
Then another email sent at 1:12PM said "world series tickets now on sale."

I assume we missed on face price, I didn't find anything on the seating map.
schmendeler
AG
They had $290 SRO tickets when I looked. Strangely, i could only buy 1 at a time. When I put in two tickets together, nothing came back.

Are they going to stop you from standing together?
JJxvi
AG
Serotonin
AG
Dude, I almost posted earlier about how these photos remind me of renaissance paintings.
BQ_90
AG
JJxvi said:

I,fully expect to see that painted on the tailgate of a truck in the Tine by Christmas
swimmerbabe11
I nominate Silverado Lover if he's still around the Auto board
maroon barchetta
There used to be a truck in Clute with the Last Supper on the tailgate.

And a Corvette with the Corvette painted on the hood and Christ and the two thieves on crosses behind the image of the Corvette.

Classy.
sts7049
AG
both trade acquisitions paying off today!
Ronnie
AG
Altuve off the schneid
BQ_90
AG
How come every time I see Stanek on the mound I start humming Freebird
schmendeler
AG
Hunter Brown killing me right now
schmendeler
AG
Whew out of the inning
SockDePot
jetch17
AG
SMDNY

BQ_90
AG
Where are those we want the Astros chants Yankees
txags92
AG
schmendeler said:

I was getting pissed with him throwing consecutive walks with a 5 run lead. Throw strikes MF! Glad it didn't amount to anything.
htownag10
AG
txags92 said:

schmendeler said:

I was getting pissed with him throwing consecutive walks with a 5 run lead. Throw strikes MF! Glad it didn't amount to anything.

What do you think any pitcher is trying to do?
txags92
AG
htownag10 said:

txags92 said:

schmendeler said:

Pitchers approach hitters differently based on game situation. With a 1 run lead, you are going to nibble a lot more at the corners and try to get them to swing at balls, while trying to avoid making a mistake that can tie the game with one swing. With a 5 run lead late in the game, you are going to go after the hitter by putting your nastiest pitches in the strike zone and daring them to hit it. The worst thing in that situation is to not even give the guy a chance to swing and miss by throwing balls, and you end up with a base runner and never had a chance at an out.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Run the touchdown play!
htownag10
AG
Harry Lime said:

Run the touchdown play!

Ugh! Make the shot! Why didn't you hit that 3?!!
Coog97

“Things weren’t gentle and politically correct in those days. We weren’t candy asses. Okay?”
-Frank Borman

“Who are you to doubt El Dandy? ‘Cause this guy’s a serious professional.”
-Bret Hart
txags92
AG
htownag10 said:

Harry Lime said:

Run the touchdown play!

Tell me you don't understand how pitchers work without telling me you don't know how pitchers work...
JSKolache
AG
htownag10 said:

txags92 said:

schmendeler said:

Throw balls on the corners that look like strikes
htownag10
AG
txags92 said:

htownag10 said:

Harry Lime said:

Run the touchdown play!

Tell me you don't understand how pitchers work without telling me you don't know how pitchers work...

What's your next Ted talk? "Hit the ball?"
txags92
AG
htownag10 said:

txags92 said:

htownag10 said:

Harry Lime said:

Run the touchdown play!

What's your next Ted talk? "Hit the ball?"
Sounds like the nuances of situational baseball are over your head, so it would probably be a baseball 101.
digging tunnels
AG
Is this good???
98Ag99Grad
AG
Wow
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Coog97 said:

need to get some English style chants going for the next time that happens:

randy828
AG
Let's get this win and then go get revenge for 1980 and probably the greatest playoff series ever…and don't argue 1986 was better!
I was in the room here one day... watchin' the Mexican channel on TV. I don't know nothin' about Pele. I'm watchin' what this guy can do with a ball and his feet. Next thing I know, he jumps in the air and flips into a somersault and kicks the ball in - upside down and backwards... the dang (sc) goalie never knew what the hell hit him. Pele gets excited and he rips off his jersey and starts running around the stadium waving it around his head. Everybody's screaming in Spanish. I'
jetch17
AG
MLB gon' cancel this ho
schmendeler
AG
I know it doesn't matter, but I'm pissed that the Phillies got their pennant in five games and we'll have to wait till tomorrow probably to even get game four.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.