Houston
Sponsored by

2022 DisAstros Thread

175,752 Views | 1876 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Echoes97
htownag10
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
lb sand said:

My wife was born and raised in Philly but has lived her adult life in Houston and is a huge Astro fan. She's getting all her old Philly friends posting cheating smack/trash can banging etc on her Facebook. We're not really the smack talking types but I need some help to come up w some good responses to her old friends. Funny preferred, but will take mean/rude responses as well.

I figured this group would have some great responses.

Just send them the Correa "if you don't know the facts. Shut the **** up"
RK
AG
Haven't we been to the World Series a couple/few times since then? Talking like it was this year.
JJxvi
AG
The catchers dont even give pitchers visual signs anymore, but casuals wont even understand that.
digging tunnels
AG
These may help

sts7049
AG
Texaggie7nine
7nine
The D
AG
https://m.soundcloud.com/markdrewhtx/astros-state-of-mind
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
https://res.cloudinary.com/graham-media-group/image/fetch/f_auto/q_auto/c_scale,w_900/?_a=AJE+xWI0

https://res.cloudinary.com/graham-media-group/image/fetch/f_auto/q_auto/c_scale,w_900/?_a=AJE+xWI0

RK
AG
"The Only Trashcan We're Bangin' Is Your Mom"
AgLA06
AG
There's not really a point.

If they're too dumb to realize the entire league was doing it they aren't going to listen to logic. Any normal person would acknowledge it wasn't a fluke based on the last 6 years. Especially considering we outperformed the "cheating" Yankees and their Hollywood payroll since then.

They're just lashing out that their team was so irrelevant, no one bothered to investigate them.
lb sand
AG
AgLA06 said:

If they're too dumb to realize the entire league was doing it thry aren't going to listen to logic. Any normal person would acknowledge it wasn't a fluke based on the last 6 years. Especially considering we outperformed the "cheating" Yankees and their Hollywood payroll since then.

They're just lashing out that their team was so irrelevant, no one bothered to investigate them.
TexAg91
AG
RK said:

"The Only Trashcan We're Bangin' Is Your Mom"

htxag09
AG
AgLA06 said:

MAS444 said:

I got anxious and bit the bullet. I wasn't seeing prices move down and was starting to see a lot of Philly fans looking for seats on the FB marketplace page. A lot of them were saying it'll be cheaper flying here for a game than tickets there. I don't doubt that there will still be better deals to be found ...but I didn't get the feeling that Club level was going to drop much. I'll be curious to see...
You're the exact reason prices are the way the are.

Market coming down already for better seats. Can get lower level, sec 111, row 10, for under $700 a ticket right now. People were selling 400's for that Monday.
TexAg91
AG
Those tickets in 111 must be fraudulent. You cannot buy them for 700 plus fees. I tried yesterday at $1200 and it won't let you buy them.

Still about $1800 with fees for 100s.
swimmerbabe11
MAS444
AG
$871 with fees - but yeah that's considerably better for that section than earlier this week. I still don't see any club tickets for better than what I got earlier this week.

htxag09
AG
TexAg91 said:

Those tickets in 111 must be fraudulent. You cannot buy them for 700 plus fees. I tried yesterday at $1200 and it won't let you buy them.

Still about $1800 with fees for 100s.

Lots of tickets for under $1000 in 100s, even if those do have an issue. Also, tickets don't usually drop significantly until right before. There are over 300 tickets left. They'll come down even more.
Chewy
AG
Will Smith made the World Series roster. If I were Click I wouldn't have let Dusty have that option.

Nothing against the guy but the only reason to have him on the roster is to face a lefty in a presumably high leveraging situation.

I'd rather fight that battle with one of the right handlers.
digging tunnels
AG
Ugh. Who got left off the roster then? Philly got a lot of leftys on their team. Think 4 starters? Can't remember

Schwarber
Harper

Sazerac
AG
Dropped Martinez
Chewy
AG
Ironically just saw this on the Twitter Machine. Let's hope these numbers hold.

digging tunnels
AG

Milwaukees Best Light
AG
How bout lets hope JV, Framber, Lance and Javier each go 6+ and Will Smith just stays gettin jiggy on the bullpen bench, not the mound.
David_Puddy
AG
AgLA06 said:

If they're too dumb to realize the entire league was doing it they aren't going to listen to logic. Any normal person would acknowledge it wasn't a fluke based on the last 6 years. Especially considering we outperformed the "cheating" Yankees and their Hollywood payroll since then.

They presented evidence of 19 other teams stealing signs, which is why their only punishment was to get rid of Hinch and Cora and nothing happened to the trophy
Chewy
AG
Hell yeah!

Just did a quick check or Stub Hub and looks like ticket prices are holding pretty solid with low inventory. Will be interesting to see if a dump happens.

Curious if people just go themselves if they don't get the price they want.
David_Puddy
AG
Chewy said:

Hell yeah!

Just did a quick check or Stub Hub and looks like ticket prices are holding pretty solid with low inventory. Will be interesting to see if a dump happens.

Curious if people just go themselves if they don't get the price they want.

Yeah, upper deck is still $600+....outragous. Being that I'm 0-4 in attending WS games, I'm happy not attending.for those prices.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
Stay home

K thx bai
Ducks4brkfast
AG
People getting desperate
htxag09
AG
I imagine the vast majority of those comments are making fun of them….
maroon barchetta
htxag09 said:

"And I want a toilet made of solid gold, but it's just not in the cards!"
Serotonin
AG
htxag09 said:

Yeah, number of tickets have rapidly dwindled. Prices haven't come down yet in the 100s and running out of supply.
htxag09
AG
You could get tickets in the 100's for less than $800 a little after noon. Some even came down to $625+fees. But yeah, not a lot left so prices won't drop significantly, I don't think.
LPHA
AG
Some interesting lyrics
LondonAg89
AG
At the game and … go Stros!
et98
AG
It kinda sounded like the words. So close yet so far away. How embarrassing.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.