Houston
Sponsored by

2022 DisAstros Thread

173,391 Views | 1876 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Echoes97
David_Puddy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AgLA06 said:

Kinda surprised they let him do appearances during the playoffs.

Not because I think it matters. But if he has a bad game or slump, people will rail about it.

I mean I get it if he was doing this on the day of the game, but it's the team's day off. He's probably stopping by there on his way to the stadium to take BP. An hour public appearance does not matter whatsoever.
schmellba99
AG
SquanchyAg said:

The yankees definitely suck, but I think I'd rather play them in the ALCS. 1. to beat them again and end any discussion and 2. the guardians have some serious speed and defense. and I'd argue their pitching is equal to the yanks.

I actually think the yankees might be a better draw for us in the ALCS.
The only good thing about playing the yankees is that we'd actually get a prime time TV slot
txags92
AG
schmellba99 said:

SquanchyAg said:

The yankees definitely suck, but I think I'd rather play them in the ALCS. 1. to beat them again and end any discussion and 2. the guardians have some serious speed and defense. and I'd argue their pitching is equal to the yanks.

The only good thing about playing the yankees is that we'd actually get a prime time TV slot
Yeah, but then you are stuck with Bob Costas and whoever he is paired with slobbering all over the Yankees for 9 innings.
AgLA06
AG
David_Puddy said:

AgLA06 said:

Not because I think it matters. But if he has a bad game or slump, people will rail about it.

I mean I get it if he was doing this on the day of the game, but it's the team's day off. He's probably stopping by there on his way to the stadium to take BP. An hour public appearance does not matter whatsoever.
Neither of you read what I wrote. I don't care nor do I think it matters.

Just not worth the public backlash during the playoffs.

Hell, A&M sequesters their players in a hotel off campus all weekend for regular games.
maroon barchetta
AgLA06 said:

David_Puddy said:

AgLA06 said:

Hell, A&M sequesters their players in a hotel off campus all weekend for regular games.

Not all of them.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
txags92 said:

schmellba99 said:

SquanchyAg said:

Yeah, but then you are stuck with Bob Costas and whoever he is paired with slobbering all over the Yankees for 9 innings.
not if you go to the game
htownag10
AG
txags92 said:

schmellba99 said:

SquanchyAg said:

Costas might be as bad as Joe Buck. Costas doesn't even know what is going on half the time and tries so hard to be Vin Scully by "painting" a picture. Vin scully is a masterpiece. Costas is pre-k scribble art
BQ_90
AG
AgLA06 said:

David_Puddy said:

AgLA06 said:

my guess is players unions would have a say in a team locking up their players.

college players don't have that option and they can't be fined like pro players if they **** up
Breggy Popup
AG
txags92 said:

schmellba99 said:

SquanchyAg said:

Regardless of who we play we have prime time games and no Costas. Bob will be in studio. Anderson and Francour are calling the ALCS games.
Mikeyshooter
AG
schmellba99 said:

SquanchyAg said:

Schedule and times are already set regardless of who we play.
David_Puddy
AG
AgLA06 said:

David_Puddy said:

AgLA06 said:

If any morons want to chastise him for an hour public appearance at freakin 11 am which is a day and a half before game 1 and somehow equates it to hampering his performance then a) they don't know a whole hell of a lot about baseball to begin with and b) nobody on the team (especially Yuli) probably gives a sh-t anyway.
David_Puddy
AG
maroon barchetta said:

AgLA06 said:

David_Puddy said:

AgLA06 said:

Not all of them.

Beat me to it
digging tunnels
AG
I'm laughing some of yall are worried about an off day 1 hr appearance. Yuli isn't the first to do this. In previous years, some would meet at Academy or Whataburger
schmellba99
AG
Mikeyshooter said:

schmellba99 said:

SquanchyAg said:

Schedule and times are already set regardless of who we play.
The joke

Your head
AgLA06
AG
Name which person is worried he is doing this?
jetch17
AG
What time do the jankees get in tonight?

Ready to drag sac on those sons of b*tches

schmendeler
AG
It would be a shame if all the hotels were full
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
schmendeler said:

It would be a shame if all the hotels were full

Or if someone pulled the fire alarms all night long
Hammerly High Dive Crips
SIAP

Agnes Moffitt Rollin 60's - RIP Casper and Lil Ricky - FREE GOOFY AND LUCKY!
maroon barchetta
I've posted that black box before.
Hammerly High Dive Crips
maroon barchetta said:

This site is silly sometimes wth? Nothing inappropriate or offensive in any way.
Mr. McGibblets
AG
LETS ****ING GOOOOOOOOOOOO

Al Bula
AG
Hammerly High Dive Crips said:

maroon barchetta said:

This site is silly sometimes wth? Nothing inappropriate or offensive in any way.
yeah, blame it on homegrown 2002-era message board code.
jetch17
jetch17
AG
LFG
htownag10
AG
Want to hear the most annoying sound?

jamesf
AG
htownag10 said:

Give me the Altuve Polka song over that any day of the week.

David_Puddy
AG
htownag10 said:

Over/under # of wieners that group has touched (besides their own) is set at 1,450
RK
AG
yea, they are not doubt doing a different version of "that's what's in" in the evenings.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
Can we get this guy a job at Minute Maid in the visiting clubhouse?

Janitor with STD gives office worker incurable disease after repeatedly urinating in her water bottle, investigators say
https://www.click2houston.com/news/local/2022/10/18/janitor-with-std-gives-office-worker-incurable-disease-after-repeatedly-urinating-in-her-water-bottle-investigators-say/
Hammerly High Dive Crips
RK said:

yea, they are not doubt doing a different version of "that's what's in" in the evenings.
Padres have been my second fav MLB team since childhood (loved Tony Gwynn and the city) but I am thinking about renouncing my fandom and burning both of my hats after watching that. That was the worst.
Serotonin
AG
That video reminds me of those billboards on the side of the highway:
"Does advertising work? Just did!"

Those guys are getting $$$ off views, and they'll probably be featured on ESPN, news channels, etc. and talked about everywhere.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
cant wait for salsa Night at the juice box tonight and tomorrow nights

David_Puddy
AG
RK said:

Dammit
Al Bula
AG
Sirius xm mlb sucking serious yankee dong earlier Regarding cole who wanted to pitch more.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.