Houston
Sponsored by

bad weather coming tomorrow

361,245 Views | 2494 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RC_57
agproducer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That likely was the producer just establishing she could come to him.
T Durden
AG
Keep this thread posted enviro please. My mom lives near you and I'm sure she's in bed sleeping.
Marvin_Zindler
AG
agproducer -- thanks for what I'm sure was a very long day.
Fitch
AG
Storms coming in from the west now. Anyone in Katy or Bellaire want to confirm?

They're giving a better of rain tomorrow afternoon right before rush hour...
eeaggie11
AG
Started raining on the west end of Katy about 5 mins ago.
Post removed:
by user
Bonfired
AG
Starting to rain again here in Sugar Land...radar to the west looks kind of mean.
shano0603
AG
Just started sprinkling in the JV area.
tylercsbn9
AG
Looks like it will be a light rain north of i10. South will be hit a little harder.
agproducer
AG
Hodge- I appreciate it. The time in the control room in situations like this is extremely stressful, but it feels really great when you pull it off. It feels good knowing y'all watched what I put together. I was showing you guys everything I was seeing. The rescue of those people in the capsized boat was amazing. I liked the dude who bought that truck on Craigslist then went to Greenspoint to pick up people. Tomorrow will be busy as well.
OnlyForNow
AG
Slow rain in Richmond/Fulshear
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
I think Houston GIMS might have 1' contours on their website, but I can't get the website to load because of a silverlight plugin.
It's 2' contours, but yes, it's there. And the Silverlight plugin issue sucks balls. GIMS is now only compatible with Internet Explorer.
RangerRick9211
AG
Reddit also said he's a professor at UH: Dr. Andrew Gordon.
Waltonloads08
AG
What are the chances Houston ISD is closed tomorrow?
jenn96
AG
Now I'm really worried - I'm in Lakewood Forest and the water on our street has been steadily rising sine 3:00 PM. It's gone from right at the curb to now being several inches over and the entire street is now full. It's still rising - you can see the current.

We have never flooded or even really come close - not during Allison, Ike or last year's storms. But I've never seen this before.
Bockaneer
AG
We're in Longwood too. We're pretty dry where we're at, but blocked in by the other streets that are under water.
Zemira
AG
What major intersection are you near? I work near Louetta and Jones so I wonder if the office is in trouble as well.
TP Ag '87
AG
We're getting a bit better here in the Settlement but I'm still really nervous. Long ass day and night will be restless. Godspeed to all of us!
jenn96
AG
We're right at Grant and Lakewood Forest.
Post removed:
by user
OnlyForNow
AG
Much heavier rain started 10 mins ago.
Zemira
AG
Thanks, seems like Cypress Creek has it in for that area. Hope you stay dry
jenn96
AG
The general area yes, but our house and street never have. I know there's always a first time though and I have a very bad feeling. I won't be sleeping much tonight.
agdaddy04
AG
Yes, there's a whole neighborhood that doesn't exist for the most part because it consistently flooded right there. I remember going to friends houses there growing up. And then on the other end you have Norchester that also had issues.
TP Ag '87
AG
My next door neighbor was in San Angelo on business trip and heading back. Won't get home tonight but is closer to wife and daughter. Said he was told there's 15' at SC and Telge. Also said seems water leaving my area and heading to Coles C.
Post removed:
by user
EnviroAg96
AG
Jenn:

You are about a mile from me but I am drained by Little Cypress Creek and you are right next to Big Cypress Creek and this monitor:

http://www.harriscountyfws.org/GageDetail/Index/1160?r=1&span=7#chart_data

Yours is just starting to level out and my own stream gauge behind my house has started dropping. Street was up over the curbs at 930PM now almost gone entirely. You're just a tad downstream and with not much rain you should be okay. Everything is delayed depending on your elevation. This morning we had nothing in the roads until about 4PM then up over curbs now down to nothing.
jenn96
AG
Enviro, thank you for that chart! I'll be studying it all night. . Seriously, thank you, trying to find some empirical data about what the creek was doing has been making me crazy. I appreciate the words of hope, lol.
Post removed:
by user
jenn96
AG
Oh, don't worry - you didn't scare me too bad; it's nothing I didn't already know. I'm praying that we escape any real damage - and my heart goes out to everyone who had already been flooded. Fingers crossed and we'll see what the morning looks like. I guess I just felt lucky up to about 4 hours ago!
Post removed:
by user
canadianAg
AG
Any good sites for road closures/conditions? My wife is going to try to get to work from barker cypress and 10 up to 290 and huffmeister. Will it even be possible? I'm seeing hwy 6 and grand parkway are still closed
MyMamaSaid
AG
Can also attest to how bad it used to be. That said, this gauge is 25' higher (and holding) than where it rested Sunday morning.
TX_AG_10
AG
quote:
Any good sites for road closures/conditions? My wife is going to try to get to work from barker cypress and 10 up to 290 and huffmeister. Will it even be possible? I'm seeing hwy 6 and grand parkway are still closed
http://traffic.houstontranstar.org/layers/
teecoy
AG
Anyone know how downtown looks this AM? Wife has dr appt at St Joes mid morning and want to make sure she's OK to get their from Washington ave. tia.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.