Houston
Sponsored by

bad weather coming tomorrow

359,729 Views | 2494 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RC_57
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:

http://www.swg.usace.army.mil/Portals/26/docs/2009%20Ad****s%20and%20Barker%20MP.pdf

In 2007, when it was much lower it was closed for I think 3 weeks. But it is more than twice as full now. Get used to Highway 6 being closed.
Bear Creek's going to be "cart path only" for a little while I'm assuming?

The Masters course will be closed for a LONG time. Hell it closes when they get 1.5-2 ". I really don't see how that course stays open with the issues it has when it rains.
Zemira
AG
Apparently they were trying to repair some of the electricity in the buildings. They had to turn off all 26 and then do some repairs to turn our 3 back on.
cajunaggie08
AG
quote:
Eldridge/HWY 6/Barker Cypress/Greenhouse/Fry were all shut down this morning. I just turned around and went back home.

I'll be trying 529 over to BW 8 tomorrow morning.
529 had water on it where it dips low and hits 290. I don't know if its gone yet
AgCPA95
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

http://www.swg.usace.army.mil/Portals/26/docs/2009%20Ad****s%20and%20Barker%20MP.pdf

In 2007, when it was much lower it was closed for I think 3 weeks. But it is more than twice as full now. Get used to Highway 6 being closed.

The Masters course will be closed for a LONG time. Hell it closes when they get 1.5-2 ". I really don't see how that course stays open with the issues it has when it rains.

I always think the same thing. How can they afford to take the beating being out of commission and rebuilding many of those holes every "X" years??? I wouldn't think anyone would insure the place and if so the premiums would be ridiculous.
El Mero Guero
quote:
quote:
quote:

Has to be super expensive to maintain, especially while going long periods without generating revenue. I haven't played it in years but it seemed like they gave up on keeping sand in the traps years ago. And I liked that...much better at little flop shots than getting out of sand.
BillYeoman
quote:
Eldridge/HWY 6/Barker Cypress/Greenhouse/Fry were all shut down this morning. I just turned around and went back home.

I'll be trying 529 over to BW 8 tomorrow morning.

W. Little York....take a right on Cunningham...take a left on Tanner...take to the Beltway. But ONLY do this while the other roads are shut down. Good luck!
tylercsbn9
AG
quote:
So in my brilliance my doctor called and asked if I would come in this afternoon instead of tomorrow. I got sent home so I said yes since I was sleep deprived and not thinking. Only took an hour to get here (normally takes 20 minutes) due to flooded roads. The bright side is I was in and out in 20 minutes because all their other patients canceled.

On the bright side I know I need to go Huffmeister to Cypress N Houston to Eldridge to Grant to Telge to home to get back without flood waters.

And I'm hearing HP which is next door to our buildings flooded some of the first floors of their buildings.
Hp flooded. The building on grant got it the worst. Part of the main campus also flooded.

I doubt it will be open at all this week.
Ag_07
AG
Traveling today so haven't been around any news or weather, but the radar looks like there are moderate storms forming to the NE that aren't really moving much at all.

Storms supposed to spark over any of the metro tonight?
jh0400
AG
Hopefully there's nothing major tomorrow morning. I've got an 8:30 flight out of Hobby.
Zemira
AG
We are technically in the HP area, but in some of the buildings they sold near Louetta/249. Our buildings were fine, but seems the electricity is still all connected.
jenn96
AG
Just got the call - no surprise, CyFair ISD is closed again tomorrow.
tylercsbn9
AG
http://phototank.net/aerial/HP/2016_HP_Flooding/#

Aerial photos of hp
07fta07
AG
quote:
Hopefully there's nothing major tomorrow morning. I've got an 8:30 flight out of Hobby.

Me too
Zemira
AG
quote:
http://phototank.net/aerial/HP/2016_HP_Flooding/#

Aerial photos of hp
In photo 29 you can see our buildings unscathed at the very top left.
jenn96
AG
Aaand it's now raining on us right at Grant & Cypress Creek. I know runoff is probably a bigger issue than rain falling into the creek itself but that can't be good.
fightintexasaggie
AG
Is Eldridge open all the way from Cypress North Houston to Louetta?
BillYeoman
quote:
Is Eldridge open all the way from Cypress North Houston to Louetta?

Eldridge, South of Clay I believe is closed. Not sure North of 290.
Dan Scott
AG
Storms in Cypress look like their getting bigger and stronger. Not moving either.
fightintexasaggie
AG
It's open here...I missed Zemira's post from earlier
TP Ag '87
AG
...and here comes rain to Telge/Spring Cypress. Our drains look good though. Fingers crossed.
AlaskanAg99
AG
The only roads north of 10 open I think are mason and fry. I'm on fry. It's near gridlock. Did the w little York jog today, 2 hours to get in. Creeks are still swelling so these could shut down tonight.
Jack Klompus
AG

Drone video of Longwood last night
Sazerac
AG
Longwood: A boating community
plowboy1065
S
Wow Jack. Your house stay dry?
Pahdz
Is Clay open from BW8 WB to Fry? Is Fry SB just a huge CF?
Betoisafurry
Clay was closed just west of brittmore this evening
TP Ag '87
AG
So,.... how would one get from Cypress (N of 290) to BW8/Westheimer tomorrow? (Smart a$$ responses expected.)
Marauder Blue 6
AG
290->BW8->Westheimer
TP Ag '87
AG
Thats BEFORE all this crap. Still, with wall @ Huffmeister?
combat wombat™
AG
I live in an area where people are detouring. Shoot me.

But it's better than living where the flood are.
tamuags08
AG
I believe eastbound 290 is open, just down to 1 lane. Leave early
TP Ag '87
AG
Sux to be you. (just messing with you. trying to maintain sanity with wife and daughters after 4 straight days)
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
I believe eastbound 290 is open, just down to 1 lane. Leave early tonight
FIFY
TP Ag '87
AG
funny guy
TXTransplant
quote:
I office at 1960/45 and can tell you that around 1230p, Cypress Creek was nearly at the height of the southboard feeder road. I45 is currently open, but the feeder roads are probably closed/will be closing soon.

Just read that 45 southbound feeder road is closed at Cypress Creek. Water over the road.

Edited - northbound feeder is still open for now. Initial (incorrect) report said both were closed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.