Houston
Sponsored by

bad weather coming tomorrow

359,470 Views | 2494 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RC_57
The Wonderer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Has Katy evacuated yet?

Nope
He asked about Katy, not Cinco Ranch.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
quote:
We'll get a weather briefing tomorrow morning, but I just got notification that I may be spending tomorrow night in the EOC. Is it really supposed to be that bad?
There's chatter of things close to Memorial Day in severity. I think we'll have some flooding and tornadoes, but not Memorial Day type damage.
That's going to make things fun at the office.

Just remember when you get pissed off about street flooding - you'd rather have water in the streets than in your house.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
We'll get a weather briefing tomorrow morning, but I just got notification that I may be spending tomorrow night in the EOC. Is it really supposed to be that bad?
There's chatter of things close to Memorial Day in severity. I think we'll have some flooding and tornadoes, but not Memorial Day type damage.
That's going to make things fun at the office.

Just remember when you get pissed off about street flooding - you'd rather have water in the streets than in your house.
Should have gone to work for Katy. I hear everyone will be evacuated before anything bad happens.
Ryan the Temp
AG
I don't get to evacuate.
Cromagnum
AG
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Has Katy evacuated yet?

Nope

it's cool. Cinco Ranch is on the Grand Parkway so it would only be like a 20-30 minute drive to IAH in the event of evacuation.
The Wonderer
AG
Must be construction, IAH should only be 15 minutes from Katy on the GP.
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
I don't get to evacuate.
Me either. Unless it's a Cat 5 forcasted for a direct hit.
sts7049
AG
maybe i'll leave at lunch and work from home the rest of the day
txaggie_08
AG
Channel 2 just said we should only look for 2-4" over the next couple days. That's nothing.
Ciboag96
Funny. I told my wife the very same thing. And her response was identical.
zgood10
AG
quote:
Funny. I told my wife the very same thing. And her response was identical.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
we should only look for 2-4" over the next couple days. That's nothing just the tip.
fifme
aTm2004
AG
Oh Jesuths
Waffledynamics
AG
Wait, are we still expecting terrible rain? We definitely aren't getting the DFW rain. That storm's heading from South to North. Weather.com radar doesn't show a ton of cohesive storms coming up after it.
GoneGirl
AG
quote:
Channel 2 just said we should only look for 2-4" over the next couple days. That's nothing.
I saw that too, but our NOAA update said more like 4-8, with 12 likely in some locations - at a rate of up to 2 in per hour.

flooding, high winds, and tornadoes are the biggest threats and don't even think about getting on the water.
tides up about 3.5 - 4.5 feet and the surf about 14-16 ft.

The storm is like a big comma, with the tail coming over us pulling moisture from the gulf. with the dew point pretty much the same as the current temp - we're pretty close to saturated and it's gonna rain.

Now, there are a lot of people who post here that are smarter than me about the weather - I'm just the PIO who regurgitates what I hear, so if I said something stupid in all of that, I apologize. I'd listen to them.
Ryan the Temp
AG
Hopefully it holds out long enough for my drive up to IAH and back.
schmellba99
AG
I'll be shocked if we get any more than 3 or 4 inches total over the next few days. I've come to the realization that weather prediction is about as dramatic as Mexican soap operas and forecasters tend to play on the fears of the masses probably worse than politicians do.

Some water may fall from the sky. Pretty sure we'll live, and it will be significantly less than the Noah's flood that is fear mongered.
Waffledynamics
AG
Are we at least actually supposed to get some hail today or tomorrow?
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
I'll be shocked if we get any more than 3 or 4 inches total over the next few days. I've come to the realization that weather prediction is about as dramatic as Mexican soap operas and forecasters tend to play on the fears of the masses probably worse than politicians do.

Some water may fall from the sky. Pretty sure we'll live, and it will be significantly less than the Noah's flood that is fear mongered.

It's difficult to tell how serious it is with Wayne Dolcefino retired.
sts7049
AG
any updates from lindner?
Ag_07
AG
So what we're all saying is that we're only going to get a fraction of what the weather nerds forecasted?

No shlt!!! Who'd a thunk it
Cromagnum
AG
quote:

Not surprised one bit. Mets and news stations these days make every little rain or snow event into some apocalyptic sounding disaster and then nothing happens. I remember 20-30 years ago as a kid if the weatherman said it was going to storm, you had minutes to get your ass in the closet. Now they hype it up all week for ratings.
jetch17
AG
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
Frankie says relax.
jetch17
AG
Ed Brandon railing a line of coke off an underage boy could predict a better forecast than any of these modern day blowhards

(ducks, as im sure Herzog posts on here)
JYDog90
AG
Is that guy whizzing in his bushes?
jetch17
AG
either that or rifling one off on Radar the weather dog.
Ryan the Temp
AG
quote:
Herzog
*swoon*
HBCanine08
AG
quote:
Looks like we are going to cancel our trip to the rodeo to see Pitbul....#Dale
I am gonna wait to see how the weather is later.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Has Katy evacuated yet?

Nope
My mailing address says Katy but I do live in CR. It's cool. We will wait until the last possible moment and then clog whatever roads the inner loopers want to take to get out of the path of this killer storm.
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Has Katy evacuated yet?

Nope
My mailing address says Katy but I do live in CR. It's cool. We will wait until the last possible moment and then clog whatever roads the inner loopers want to take to get out of the path of this killer storm.
AgLiving06
I'm in Westbury...Looks like I may finally get to test out my new french drain
Bondag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Has Katy evacuated yet?

Nope

This is Katy. Everything else is East San Antonio.
Cromagnum
AG
Local mets are still swearing that Houston is gonna get poo'd on tonight.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.