Houston
Sponsored by

bad weather coming tomorrow

358,118 Views | 2494 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RC_57
Dan Scott
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm stuck on lake woodlands trying to get to 45
TXTransplant
quote:
I'm stuck on lake woodlands trying to get to 45

Traffic all over The Woodlands is bad. Kuykendahl was backed up to Woodlands Pkwy, the light on Gosling headed south is out, and I've bee stuck on Woodlands Pkwy for 30 min. That bridge is flooded with a few inches, too.
CDUB98
AG
BW8 and I10 inbound are still farked from the earlier rain and I want to go home. Guess I'll just sit in traffic. Eff me.
Fitch
AG
Just looked at the traffic map - 45 is a parking lot in both directions from the beltway up to Conroe, that's like 27 miles.
Bondag
AG
quote:
Just looked at the traffic map - 45 is a parking lot in both directions from the beltway up to Conroe, that's like 27 miles.

That's just rush hour.
TX scallywAG
AG
Riley at Hardee's is open. S*** is getting intense. Glad I'm in a truck. Using voice text for anyone who wants to criticize. Update to come on Rayford shortly.

----edit:
Was using voice command, of course meant Hardy.
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum
TXTransplant
quote:
quote:

That's just rush hour.

That's bad even for rush hour...
Jaydoug
AG
Houston is so saturated a chihuahua pissed on a Buick's tire on Washington and White Oak crested
Breggy Popup
AG
Rayford east of the tracks was starting to go under water. Imperial Oaks Blvd was under water. Took almost two hours to go five miles from my son's daycare off Sawdust.

4" in my gauge since 4:30PM.
Breggy Popup
AG
Just passed 5" in the gauge and the radar looks like no end any time soon.
Waltonloads08
AG
wow, only around half an inch here in town. seems like its pretty random small pop up storms.
clintaggie04
AG
Can I make it from Huntsville to League City?
The Wonderer
AG
quote:
45 is a booger at the moment. You can try, but it won't be a fun drive.
clintaggie04
AG
Yeah I know traffic sucks, I just can't decide if it's better to wait or not.
TXTransplant
quote:

I45 south is still gridlocked in The Woodlands area. I'd hold off another hour or two if you can.
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
You won't have water trouble on 45, but it is going to suck for a long while at The Woodlands and Spring. Tons of sidestreets under water at the moment.
aTm2004
AG
quote:

Wait at your house or wait in your car. Your choice.
fatrandy
Just took me almost 3 hours to get from Montgomery to the woodlands. 45 is hell
jetch17
AG
Is 59 south past sugarland open, or does the brazos threaten the major roadway headed toward Victoria?
TX scallywAG
AG
Rayford was open about halfway down, coming from Riley. I don't go to 45 so can't verify down that far which where it was bad Saturday.
---
StillNotAnAggie
quote:

You are in Spring right? It hasn't stopped at my house for over 3 hours now.
sts7049
AG
all the video and pictures i've seen doesn't show the mainlanes affected
OnlyForNow
AG
Perfectly fine minus the traffic and gawkers at the river.
TX scallywAG
AG
Check out Rayford 2 hours ago.

Rayford round up FB:
https://m.facebook.com/RayfordRoad/posts/?ref=page_internal
---
12f Mane
AG
Highway to the Crossroads is open
Post removed:
by user
spadilly
S
Evening update from Jeff Linder:

quote:
Slow moving to nearly stationary cluster of excessive rainfall pounding NC Harris County.

Rainfall totals up to 6 inches in 3-hrs on lower Spring Creek and 3.5-4.5 inches on middle and lower Cypress Creek. Significant rise is in progress on Cypress Creek and overbank flooding is likely on this channel this evening from Stuebner Airline downstream to the confluence with Spring Creek.

Watching excessive rainfall training over upper headwaters Greens Bayou NNE to southern Montgomery County. An additional 1-3 inches on top of what has fallen will be possible.

Significant street flooding is in progress across much of north and north-central Harris County.

Willow Creek: should crest below bankfull
Lt Cypress Creek: crest below bankfull

Spring Creek: likely to crest near floods stage at I-45.

W Fork San Jacinto River: river is already overbanks and is starting a new rise. Could see renewed moderate flooding, but not expecting major flooding with current rainfall.
Post removed:
by user
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
quote:

You are in Spring right? It hasn't stopped at my house for over 3 hours now.
Yeppers. Rain has let up a little in the last 30 minutes. Looks like the heavy stuff has started rolling off to the south and east. Hope we're done for the night.
Kenneth_2003
AG
quote:
Is 59 south past sugarland open, or does the brazos threaten the major roadway headed toward Victoria?
Drove through there yesterday and the parents returned through there today. The mainlanes are all clear and open. Only closure is the feeder at the Brazos River turnaround.
spadilly
S
I've never seen a sign up. I think it's only to media or public service officials. People on khou forums and storm2k are pretty good about posting it when it comes through. That's how I get them.
Cromagnum
AG
Sucks for the 1 or 2 spots that caught it today but wasnt the whole city of Houston supposed to start looking like Waterworld by now? It seems like everytime the doom and gloom spreads nothing much happens, and when its a 20% chance of showers we get bent over.

Not complaining at all about drying out some.
spider96
AG
quote:
Sucks for the 1 or 2 spots that caught it today but wasnt the whole city of Houston supposed to start looking like Waterworld by now? It seems like everytime the doom and gloom spreads nothing much happens, and when its a 20% chance of showers we get bent over.

Not complaining at all about drying out some.

Here's a drone shot of the Timmaron village in The Woodlands. There was some slight flooding when Spring Creek crested over the weekend.
Reloadags1998
AG
My office got about 3 inches of water in it tonight. The water rushed right in the front door.
Dan Scott
AG
Driving down 45 from woodlands is so weird right now. So many cars and 18-wheelers stopped on the shoulder

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.