Houston
Sponsored by

bad weather coming tomorrow

359,735 Views | 2494 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RC_57
Zemira
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's our travel policy as well but it now takes an act of Congress to book an international flight now.
Zobel
AG
IAH took a dump from the rain. Flight from LAX delayed 2 hrs and then sat on the tarmac another 2 after landing waiting for a gate.
07fta07
AG
quote:
quote:
thats terrible news.

i wish my company would spring for that 10k seat up front, but there is no way.
Call a few days out and see if you can get an upgrade. Other airline, but I showed up to airport and asked for upgrade. $300 for business from coach. Worth every penny.

Emirates doesn't work like that. It's actually more if you try to upgrade at checkin (like $4000-7000 one way) unless they're running a special for $1000 one way which they'll email you a couple days before the flight with that offer.
RangerRick9211
AG
We've received free upgrades from the first/business kiosk at the gate on Emirates. Call a few days before asking when bulkhead seating will open - at the same time politely ask them to put a note on your reservation about any upgrades. Mention the note when checking bags. And again mention the note at the gate kiosk. You might get lucky.
TXTransplant
quote:
quote:
Rain passed already in Spring.

Don't mean to double post (posted these in another thread asking about area) but had folks on this thread mentioning the water level at Spring Creek & Riley Fuzzel during round 1 of all this. See below:

Spring Creek that Tuesday (Riley Fuzzel):

Remember that day? It's going 5 feet higher this weekend if we don't get more rain. Hold on to your butts.

Just heard it's over the road there. Gosling and Kuykendahl are also both closed at the Spring Creek bridges.

Edited to add that Gosling at Spring Creek is a river, not just standing water.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
IAH took a dump from the rain. Flight from LAX delayed 2 hrs and then sat on the tarmac another 2 after landing waiting for a gate.

You must have been in the same flight as a buddy of mine. He was getting bombed in one of the lounges last I heard.
Post removed:
by user
FHKChE07
AG
Did anyone else see the voluntary evacuation for the northgate pines subdivision because they are worried about the levee failing on spring Creek?
GCRanger
AG
How is Spring Creek at 45 or Riley Fuzzle? Driving in from Dallas to Spr8ng later today.
TXTransplant
More info on Spring Creek...all north/south routes are closed and impassable - Gosling, Kuykendahl, Riley Fuzzel, 249, and 2978.

http://springhappenings.com/2016/05/spring-creek-is-rising-to-record-levels-all-northsouth-roads-closed/
TXTransplant
quote:
How is Spring Creek at 45 or Riley Fuzzle? Driving in from Dallas to Spr8ng later today.

45 is open, as is the northbound feeder road at between the GP and Woodlands Pkwy. But the water is very close to the feeder. Riley Fuzzel is closed and impassable. See the link in my last post.
TXTransplant
quote:
Did anyone else see the voluntary evacuation for the northgate pines subdivision because they are worried about the levee failing on spring Creek?

Yes...here is a link.

http://springhappenings.com/2016/05/officals-calling-for-voluntary-evacuation-for-residents-living-north-of-hardy-toll-road-along-spring-creek1/
aTm2004
AG
My brother lives around 2854/336 and he just called to say they're camping in Galveston and wanted to see if we wanted to come visit for the day. He also mentioned he evacuated last night and his neighbor is estimating 6' of water in their houses.

I guess they saw the water rising quickly and said "eff it" and hooked up to the camper and drove off.
GiggityAg01
AG
Anyone know if 290 is clear from giddings to Houston?
The Kraken
AG
Texas road conditions map
AgLA06
AG
That really sucks, but we did the same thing. We originally planned to let traffic die down before heading out. We're in town and saw the storm coming and hit the road. Got to Surfside around 6:30 and had a couple hours before the stogot here.

Fortunately, I don't believe we had any flooding.
AgsLv44
AG
Saw on the news this morning parts of Rayford are flooded. Anybody tried to get through to 45?
agz win
AG
As of 6:00 AM 5-28-2016, the lake level @ Lake Livingston Dam is 133.48 msl and the discharge is 93,200 cfs.

I think the record is around 108,000 cfs back in the early '90s when they tried to save some below the dam and instead flooded lots of folks above the dam. They won't do that again.
aTm2004
AG
They were planning on camping anyway, and he also has flood insurance, so he's trying to enjoy the weekend.
TXTransplant
quote:
They were planning on camping anyway, and he also has flood insurance, so he's trying to enjoy the weekend.

I used to commute back and forth from The Woodlands to CS using the 2854/336 route. What flooded? Is there a creek, or was it backed up storm and sewer drains?
Buck O Five
AG
Had to drive to round top for a wedding yesterday. 290 was shut down in two spots and rerouted to the feeder, then outside of Brenham the police shut the road down to let some cowboys rescue drowning cattle by the highway.

Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
Saw on the news this morning parts of Rayford are flooded. Anybody tried to get through to 45?
I am guessing Rayford is under water. We just got back from the Oak Ridge area and traffic is backed up for miles on Robinson Road. Everyone is cutting through Imperial Oaks to get to 45.
Breggy Popup
AG
Picture of Rayford at Richards from earlier. Note Spring Creek is causing this and still rising.

AgsLv44
AG
Sitting in that traffic on Robinson now :/

45 was a parking lot headed south
TXTransplant
Just saw that 45 north and southbound frontage roads are closed at the Harris/Montgomery county line area. Not surprised...the water was very high when we passed by there about 830 am, and I was surprised they were open then.
TXTransplant
We are in Tomball ISD, and we just got a note saying all of the kids who were held overnight have been reunited with their parents as of noon today. I knew there were kids on buses who had to shelter in place at the nearest school, but I had no idea anyone was kept overnight!
htxag09
AG
It was on the news last night. From what I saw looked like they handled it pretty well and everyone was satisfied as could be with how tomball ISD was handling it.

Told my wife I probably would have had a blast staying overnight in a school with some buddies when I was that age.
TXTransplant
quote:
It was on the news last night. From what I saw looked like they handled it pretty well and everyone was satisfied as could be with how tomball ISD was handling it.

Told my wife I probably would have had a blast staying overnight in a school with some buddies when I was that age.

I was at my son's school (not the one that turned into a shelter) when they sent out an automated phone call around 2 pm telling parents that they could come pick up their kids (optional, not mandatory). It was a little crazy at first, but the school handled the situation very well. Within about an hour, over half the kids at the school had been picked up. Didn't see the news last night.
Vernada
AG
The kids may have enjoyed it. No doubt Pretty miserable for parents and teachers though.
agz win
AG
Probable date night for the parents.
TXTransplant
Rayford is now completely closed (as is Richards Rd).
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
A lot of tomball babies in about 9months
htxag09
AG
I understand it was miserable for parents and teachers. But from what I heard they did the best that you can expect in the situation. Teachers made sacrifices for the kids and they did what they could to keep them safe and comfortable in a bad situation. They even interviewed some parents who were able to get to the school and asked them about it and all said they were handling it how they would want if it were their kid stranded there.
TXTransplant
quote:
I understand it was miserable for parents and teachers. But from what I heard they did the best that you can expect in the situation. Teachers made sacrifices for the kids and they did what they could to keep them safe and comfortable in a bad situation. They even interviewed some parents who were able to get to the school and asked them about it and all said they were handling it how they would want if it were their kid stranded there.

God bless those teachers/staff, and thank goodness it's a three-day weekend!
TX scallywAG
AG
I can confirm Rayford is closed. Just had a family member coming my way turn around.

That was my pic driving over Spring Creek. We were at 102.4 ft, now 5 feet above that. Stuck in our neighborhood, but no flooding yet.

Link for Spring Creek level:
http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/inundation/index.php?gage=spnt2#
---
Class of '10 - A&M Undergrad & Master's Alum

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.