Houston
Sponsored by

bad weather coming tomorrow

359,730 Views | 2494 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by RC_57
AW96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got blasted by hail here for a few minutes in Katy. I wasn't expecting that. I'm just shocked that my kids stayed asleep. Looks to be a long night.
txags92
AG
Yep...I have a 1 month old truck in the driveway that just got blasted too. We are at 6+ inches already and no sign of slowing down. Lightning everywhere too! No way I can fall asleep with all this going on.
I Play With Guns
S
That hail storm. Pretty sure my car got blasted.
Breggy Popup
AG
Pucker factor in Spring. Been pretty uneventful all night, then tornado warning. Then massive wind noise, loud boom, power out. Hoping for the best now.
Dan Scott
AG
There's been a huge red blob on the radar in NW Harris county for like 3 hours now. Cypress has to be flooded
shano0603
AG
Pretty bad here in the JV area.. Guy across the street had his car in the street. Got out there to move it and he ran into another one of his cars.
tk for tu juan
Cromagnum : Houston Weather :: Reed McKenzie : Aggie Sports
txags92
AG
quote:
Lol.

Thanks Cro! 7" here since just after you posted this...good call!
mazag08
AG
Ya, this thing is massive and just sitting there over Cypress all the way to the Woodlands.
Dan Scott
AG
Dudes house is about to flood

https://www.periscope.tv/w/aeMcSDFNV0t3TkpudmVRYll8MXlOR2Fseld6bVJLat18g5jWdCHPjUvrXk8_vVRYmOrr27dMjj4bJ9jgMkdH
jna97
AG
Champions Forest is in bad shape. No power going on 3 hours and 2" of water in the garage.
Zemira
AG
Looks like there is a small break in the red blob of intense radar of the rain that is engulfing northwest side of town. Going to try to get some sleep before the thunder wakes me again.
Breggy Popup
AG
That break is going to last approximately 5 minutes.
Ag_N_Houston
AG
Went to bed at 11:00. Woke up three times to thunder. Now, I just can't fall asleep.

Dog has been hiding in the closet since 10:00.
agproducer
AG
I have water creeping up my driveway in Copperfield. We've been here 7 years and never have seen it this bad. There's no way for us to get out, unless we had a monster truck.
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
Went to bed at 11:00. Woke up three times to thunder. Now, I just can't fall asleep.

Dog has been hiding in the closet since 10:00.

I feel ya. Been sitting here with my idiots for about an hour now so they won't jump in the bed with my wife and kids!

Zemira
AG
Yes I'm laying in bed awake. The thunder isn't shaking the house, but I hear the heavy rain. I just want to sleep a bit before I have to get ready for work.
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
Yes I'm laying in bed awake. The thunder isn't shaking the house, but I hear the heavy rain. I just want to sleep a bit before I have to get ready for work.

Sucks man. I already got the alert from the office to work from home...assuming I have power....and some sleep.
Mucho austin
AG
This is happening here:

Zemira
AG
Yeah the last time they closed the office was Hurricane Ike. Every other time we have had a weather event I get an automated phone call at 4am telling me the office is still open. I swear if they do that this morning and I'm assuming I get to sleep by then I'm gonna be pissed.
Breggy Popup
AG
quote:
Yeah the last time they closed the office was Hurricane Ike. Every other time we have had a weather event I get an automated phone call at 4am telling me the office is still open. I swear if they do that this morning and I'm assuming I get to sleep by then I'm gonna be pissed.

Our offices never officially close however we have a standing policy that if there is inclement weather and you can work remotely then it is okay to do so.
Agz_2003
AG
What a display of rain and lightening. Wow
pasquale
AG
Cypress here and that radar is nasty.
One kid crashed put bed at 1 am and the other is sound asleep in his room.
The Original AG 76
AG
rain blowing so hard against the side of the house that it is coming in via the stove vent opening. Got pots and pans all over cook top and in microwave filling up with water. Also have a gutter blocked way up at the top ( can't possible get to) that is streaming right down the same spot....flood in kitchen

Pool is over flowed. Never happened before, not even in Ike. Gonna be a fun morning.
tylercsbn9
AG
Trashcans are basically now pool toys in my street in cypress. I would really advise no one go to work today.

No school. Obviously.
AGShouse
AG
CFISD is closed.. it is officially on the wedsite.
The Original AG 76
AG
tornado alert just issued for Harris County
jenn96
AG
We're CFISD, just got the call about no school today.
lne2011
AG
Street flooding here at 290/99. Never happened during the storms this past year!
htownag10
AG
Give your idiots Benadryl to calm them down that's what we have to do for 2 of the 4 idiots at th first sounds of thunder.

I'm not one usually worried in storms, had a panic mode earlier though. Power went out for 30 sec and in that 30 sec I was rushing to put on my knee brace, crutches and get downstairs. I'm 5 days out from major knee surgery. Luckily it came back in and I didn't panic anymore. I'm in the spring area and wow it's bad.
New Hampshire Ag
AG
Gig-Em2003
AG
This storm looks so similar to last year it's crazy. It's barely moving at all, and it's moving right towards the center of town. 16+ inches of water potentially based on what it did on the NW side of town.

Not good.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Pretty sure my neighbors house got hit by lightening. I'm not quite at the water level from Memorial Day last year, but if the rain keeps up with nowhere to go I'm going to start getting nervous.
AgCPA95
AG
Katy ISD closed
Ragoo
AG
In copper field. My street is flooded. Wasn't this bad last year. I am on the high side of the street but if the water rises another 4-6 inches things could get dicey.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.