BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

572,987 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
C&J's BBQ is planning for a location at 2112 W Briargate Drive in Bryan. I believe that is close to the Post Office.
eloc62
bcstx06 said:

C&J's BBQ is planning for a location at 2112 W Briargate Drive in Bryan. I believe that is close to the Post Office.
Kinda surprised to hear that with a big, new bbq place opening this summer. I wonder how Coopers bbq place will affect the bbq landscape in this town?
meinkee
About the same way Kreutz did. Go C&J, Fargo and 1775.
BCSWguru
bcstx06 said:

Will Geddy Lee be running that location?
CDub06
AG
eloc62 said:

bcstx06 said:

Kinda surprised to hear that with a big, new bbq place opening this summer. I wonder how Coopers bbq place will affect the bbq landscape in this town?
You can find authentic Mexican food in town, but people still go to Taco Bell.
TheOC16
AG
CDub06 said:

eloc62 said:

bcstx06 said:

You can find authentic Mexican food in town, but people still go to Taco Bell.
Where do we have authentic Mexican food? I'd be interested to try.
techno-ag
AG
bcstx06 said:

Downtown, Blinn, and the hospital employees should keep that place humming.
CDub06
AG
My point was C&J's is the Taco Bell of Texas Barbecue.

But Raspas El Payasito or Taqueria La Perla are a good start.
isitjustme
AG
CDub06 said:

C&J's is pretty good BBQ. Dickies (no longer here), Rudy's & Bill Miller are the Taco Bell of TX BBQ.

But, I agree on Raspas and La Perla and the many other local Mexican restaurants that are actually really pretty good.
trouble
AG
No, it's not.

And I'll never eat at the new Cooper's because I don't want to have to have my meat dipped in sauce just to make the salt level tolerable.
bobinator
AG
Yeah, I don't get the 'there's no authentic mexican food' here thing that some people bring up on here. There's plenty of it if you know where to look.
halibut sinclair
CDub06 said:

I'd throw in El Sol de Mexico and Taqueria el Sol.
TheOC16
AG
CDub06 said:

Thanks, I've never tried either of those places. Will have to soon.

I disagree that C&J is the Taco Bell of BBQ - that's a kind of ridiculous statement to make - but I do get the point you're trying to make.
jja79
AG
CDub06 said:

C&J can cook the flavor out of meat worse than anyplace I've eaten BBQ.
Counterpoint
AG
jja79 said:

CDub06 said:

C&J can cook the flavor out of meat worse than anyplace I've eaten BBQ.

Doesn't that mean it's delicious?
dstarr6442
AG
Nothing passes up Taqueria el Tio in my mind. Once you get past the need to order in spanish, the weather limitations because it is only outdoor seating, and the occasional stray cat wandering by, it can't be beat.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
halibut sinclair said:

CDub06 said:

Taqueria Arandas sells legit trompo tacos at the gas station at the intersection of Briarcrest and 30. They are the best I've found in town.
BlueMiles
AG
The Anchor said:

Move the Waffle House talk elsewhere please. Let's stay on the comings and goings.
ComfortAg
AG
Maveric said:

There is dirt work occurring at the corner of Nash and Broadmoor in Bryan. Any clue what that is going to be?
Electric substation.
isitjustme
AG
ComfortAg said:

Maveric said:

There is dirt work occurring at the corner of Nash and Broadmoor in Bryan. Any clue what that is going to be?
Electric substation.
Yes, substation to replace the one on villa maria on the other side of those new apartments. I think it'll be good to get the substation off of vm but I hope they include some nice aesthetics around the Nash location.
aggie_2005
Daiquiri Barn is opening second location at Texas Ave and Southwest parkway. It will be in the shopping center where TruFit is located.
bushytailed
AG
aggie_2005 said:

Daiquiri Barn is opening second location at Texas Ave and Southwest parkway.

Have they reopened the Harvey location yet? It has a new name, but I'm not sure when it's supposed to open.
JMac03
AG
bushytailed said:

aggie_2005 said:

Daiquiri Barn is opening second location at Texas Ave and Southwest parkway.

Have they reopened the Harvey location yet? It has a new name, but I'm not sure when it's supposed to open.
Not that I can tell.

And for anyone wondering, Daiquiri Barn is the same folks that have the original drive-thru location on Wellborn behind Northgate, they just rebranded.
halibut sinclair
hennyj15 said:

halibut sinclair said:

CDub06 said:

Taqueria Arandas sells legit trompo tacos at the gas station at the intersection of Briarcrest and 30. They are the best I've found in town.
Where do Briarcrest and 30 intersect? I thought Taquerias Arandas was in the old Monterrey House on Texas in Bryan.

ETA: I think you may be talking about Taqueria Poblana at Briarcrest and Boonville (FM 158)? Need to give them a try.
drivinwest
AG
The new sign has been up for several months, but nothing else has changed. I ran by there by the other day and peaked through the windows just to check. I'm not sure what the hold up is.
No Bat Soup For You
AG
halibut sinclair said:

hennyj15 said:

halibut sinclair said:

CDub06 said:

Where do Briarcrest and 30 intersect? I thought Taquerias Arandas was in the old Monterrey House on Texas in Bryan.

ETA: I think you may be talking about Taqueria Poblana at Briarcrest and Boonville (FM 158)? Need to give them a try.

You're right. I didn't know 30 changed names as it came in to town and I had the wrong name of the restaurant.

The tacos there are amazing though.
halibut sinclair
Quote:

I didn't know 30 changed names as it came in to town and I had the wrong name of the restaurant.
30 continues into town as Harvey Rd.
Post removed:
by user
TheOC16
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Where's a good place to get barbacoa tacos at in town?

Stripes/Laredo Taco. Not kidding. They're a big part of the reason I had to go on a diet.

If they can write a song about your Taco shop and hit #8 on the Hot Country Singles chart, you know they're good.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Mad Taco- ask for extra chips.
nthomas99
AG
FAT SEXY said:

Where's a good place to get barbacoa tacos at in town?

La familia (I get them from the Barron road gas station location) has pretty legendary barbacoa in my opinion
dave99ag
AG
Any updates on The Yard in Caprock? Seems to be moving rather slow and anxious to check them out.
redd38
AG
Apparently, Chicken Salad Chick opens Monday in Jones Crossing
Geralt of Rivia
S
I looked through their online menu, and I look forward to trying them out soon
JMac03
AG
dave99ag said:

Any updates on The Yard in Caprock? Seems to be moving rather slow and anxious to check them out.
They seem to have events there but not anchor restaurants from what I can tell. I know I've been invited to events there, and I am attending a catered one next Thursday. But not sure how it works on a day to day basis.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.