BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

577,072 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bcstx06 said:

Geralt of Rivia said:

I always wanted to try Dat Dog. Like others have said, there was basically no parking. I wasn't going to park in the lot behind the Chicken at lunch and walk over there in the middle of summer

I wanted to try it too, but there was no place to park. This place wants to urbanize, but doesn't embrace urban transportation needed for locations like this to work.
KBTX reports aggressive towing is partly to blame.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Dat-Dog-closes-restaurant-in-Northgate-563240142.html
trouble
AG
redd38 said:

Speaking of which, we're getting a new pizza place in Tejas Center

The one next to El Sol?
isitjustme
AG
redd38 said:

You're probably talking about the Rolled Dough Company (where Murphy's used to be). They only do pizza rolls and sweet rolls, but they are really good. I really hope they make it.

Quote:

If you want to park somewhere, then make sure you follow the rules and you won't get towed - it's as simple as that. "Being cool" about it only invites people to abuse the lot-owners good nature.
KidDoc
AG
We tried Zoners last night and the stromboli was excellent but the wings did seem soggy. I had a few left over so today I put them in the oven for 5 minutes to crisp up the skin and they were excellent. I feel like if they stuck them in a broiler for a few minutes before shaking in the sauce they would be great. The skin just isn't crisp at all.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gopitt
Loved Dat Dog. Sorry it closed.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Tried it yesterday. Asked for wings "extra crispy" and they came out perfect. Calzone was good too. Could have been cooked a tad longer as mozzarella wasn't thoroughly melted. All in all, good experience.
KidDoc
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

Tried it yesterday. Asked for wings "extra crispy" and they came out perfect. Calzone was good too. Could have been cooked a tad longer as mozzarella wasn't thoroughly melted. All in all, good experience.
Good tip will try that!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Fonzie Scheme
AG
Tried Dat Dog once. I was underwhelmed. We were one of two tables and it took a long time. Super friendly staff, though.

Plus, I think an old fashioned NY-style hot dog cart operating Thurs-Sat from 9pm-3am would be more profitable. You could even be exotic and sell Khlau Kalash and Crab Juice while your patrons had their car booted.
IndieAggie
AG
Cooper's BBQ is open. I'd forgotten how much I don't miss Dickie's, but Cooper's has reminded me.
doubledog
agrab86 said:

redd38 said:

You're probably talking about the Rolled Dough Company (where Murphy's used to be). They only do pizza rolls and sweet rolls, but they are really good. I really hope they make it.

Quote:

If you want to park somewhere, then make sure you follow the rules and you won't get towed - it's as simple as that. "Being cool" about it only invites people to abuse the lot-owners good nature.
"aggressive towing" that is the understatement of the year.
MS08
AG
How is Cooper's?! Saw it is open now. What is the word on the street from TA about it?
trouble
AG
https://texags.com/forums/35/topics/3063233
MS08
AG
I knew I read a Cooper's thread somewhere! Parking lot appears to be consistently full
tb9665
Does anyone know when the new Drew's car wash will open in Bryan by Villa Maria? We need a great car wash in that area. Also, will it be full service?
AggieBarstool
new straw said:

I'm not sure how long zoners will last. Their wings were soggy and gristly when I went a few weeks ago. Their parking lot was near empty tonight around 6 pm.
That's unfortunate. When I went during their grand opening, the wings were hands-down the best I ever had. Large, perfectly fried & crispy, good on the sauce (good flavors, too) and came with plenty of ranch/bleu cheese if that's your thing.

I hope they're not already cutting corners to save costs.
redd38
AG
Has anyone been to Rolled Dough Co in Tejas Center yet? It says "now open" but I've been twice now during their posted hours and they haven't been open either time. (Like right now, for instance)
australopithecus robustus
Saw Burger Mojo on University hiring on their sign with lights on inside and people working. Looks like they are close.
Collectonian
redd38 said:

Has anyone been to Rolled Dough Co in Tejas Center yet? It says "now open" but I've been twice now during their posted hours and they haven't been open either time. (Like right now, for instance)
My partner went back when they first opened...he said the rolls were pretty mediocre and a little overpriced and the place felt almost sketchy as it seemed like they opened before they really had it ready. He wasn't inclined to go back.
PS3D
The front list needs to be updated.

- Cooper's and Chick-fil-A at Jones Crossing are open.
- The Great American Cookie Company/ Marble Slab at Caprock Crossing is open.
- Orange Theory Jones Crossing is open.
- Sports Clip at Jones Crossing is open.
- BigShots Golf is proposed for General Parkway, not Bryan.
montegobay
Pie in the Sky has been opened for a while. The Hook at Lake Bryan is opened again. So is Zero Degrees in Jones Crossing.
BCStalk
I tried going an hour before they closed. They were mopping the floor and told me they were closed due to running out of ingredients. Very odd lobby. I've seen food trucks that were better setup. They just have a register sitting on a table and a couple of boards hung with their menu. Looking at the place from the inside, I won't be back.
bcstx06
PS3D said:

The front list needs to be updated.

- Cooper's and Chick-fil-A at Jones Crossing are open.
- The Great American Cookie Company/ Marble Slab at Caprock Crossing is open.
- Orange Theory Jones Crossing is open.
- Sports Clip at Jones Crossing is open.
- BigShots Golf is proposed for General Parkway, not Bryan.

I have cleaned up the front page a bit, let me know if I missed anything. I have noticed that new announcements have slowed down a lot.
BryanPooch
My neighbors went to Cooper's for lunch today. He is someone who adds extra salt to most things. But he said the Cooper's rub was so aggressively salty that he could eat the meat, which he said was of obviously good quality. His wife had ribs, tried to get through one and couldn't because of the salt. Her husband said her ribs were even saltier than his beef.

He talked to the manager who tried only the beef and said it might be a bit saltier than normal.

My neighbors said they will not go back.

In my house we use less than half the salt than these two neighbor do. . So, now I intend to stay away until a few other friends put ou a rave review. I also think the on-line photos make it seem uninviting. But then, i am not a native. I've only lived in B/CS for 40 years.
BryanPooch
TommyBrady
AG
Get the Sirloin at Coopers and you won't be disappointed.
Post removed:
by user
Geralt of Rivia
S
Where are they located?
DWren
BryanPooch said:

In my house we use less than half the salt than these two neighbor do. . .

So ...you know how much salt your neighbors consume?
Riiiighht
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

So you are posting a second hand review. You should at least give the owners the courtesy of waiting until you've tried the place yourself.
dallasiteinsa02
95_Aggie said:

Quote:

So you are posting a second hand review. You should at least give the owners the courtesy of waiting until you've tried the place yourself.

A second hand account is just is valuable as a first hand account as long as they define themselves as a whistleblower per the media.
drthoop
AG
I've been to Cooper's. The food was good. I will go back. Also like the bar.
src94
AG
I agree with this, and I will be back as well. But I do hope they reduce the salt a bit.
src94
BrandoC
AG
You must not be familiar with REAL BBQ then because BBQ joints are not suppose to be "inviting". That's the the point....
Best joints in Texas are hole in the walls. Snows, original Coopers, etc.
tb9665
Does anyone know what is going in the old Aerofit on Carter Creek? They have enclosed the old swimming pool.
woodiewood1
Whatabuger coming to near Target Center and in Caldwell. Dominik new store facing Texas Ave scheduled to begin build in Feb.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.