BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

573,059 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
bobinator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Black Walnut cafe is pretty good. I also liked Cyclone Anaya's when I lived in Houston, though given other choices in town I'm not sure I'd really go there much.
95_Aggie
AG
Does Pluckers read TexAgs?
rmarshall2014
AG
Would love an Agu or Jinya ramen in that area
ratfacemcdougal
Hat Creek Burgers
jja79
AG
Tell us about this place. Just recently heard of it.
trouble
AG
Austin area chain. Good burgers and shakes.
jeffk
AG
Loved Black Walnut back when we were in MoCo.
mgreen
Another Broken Egg is my favorite breakfast concept. They have great breakfast AND lunch items. Top quality.

I think the same franchisee that owns this Chicken Salad Chick location may also own this Broken Egg location.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Which did they own first, the chicken or the egg?
Counterpoint
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Well done! Take your blue star.
BCStalk
Captn_Ag05 said:

FlyRod
Found out last night the new sake bar in Bryan, Art of War, serves actual Spanish tapas and paella until midnight, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Only about 7 things on the menu so far, but everything we tried was good.

Also did not know that the owner is the previous owner of Mickey's Sliders.
trouble
AG
Oooooh paella. We'll have to try it out.
EBrazosAg
AG
Against all hope ...... anyone here with any real knowledge about Pappa Murphy chances in CS or B again ? I know there were some corporate moves and franchise issues around the time ours closed. Hard to believe in this market it's been gone 2 years.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
halibut sinclair
B/CS Chamber is having a groundbreaking ceremony for Walk-On's tomorrow (6/11) at 11am.
Captn_Ag05
AG
New Development from CS out today. Nothing too exciting - a new 2 building business park at 777 Graham (near Cypress Grove Intermediate) and a commercial phase of the Midtown Center Center, with 14 low-rise office buildings at Lakeway near Medical Avenue.
lockett93
AG
I didn't see this on the front page...
Club Pilates is coming to 910 William D. Fitch Pkwy Suite 600.
BrandoC
AG
Any news if a new gym will be coming to College Station soon. Need other options besides Golds or TruFit. A large 24-Hour Fitness or LA Fitness would do great.
TheOC16
AG
BrandoC said:

Any news if a new gym will be coming to College Station soon. Need other options besides Golds or TruFit. A large 24-Hour Fitness or LA Fitness would do great.

Just curious - why? I would think between Gold's, TruFit, and Planet Fitness you'd have enough of a range (diversity) in types of gyms to meet anyone's needs.
Ajollyag
TheOC16 said:

BrandoC said:

Just curious - why? I would think between Gold's, TruFit, and Planet Fitness you'd have enough of a range (diversity) in types of gyms to meet anyone's needs.

Yeah we literally hve 3 different tiered gyms here. Pick one.
cstxfn
Anyone know what the cause of the fire was at the former BB&T branch office on Villa Maria? It looked like they were preparing it for another business before the fire started.
CWIsom
American Lumber headquarters
happyinBCS
Moving dirt and a new curb cut on the southbound feeder next to the animal clinic 2 blocks before the new walk ons What is it?
BrandoC
AG
All are slammed full at any time after 4. Plus a big 24- hour Fitness would allow people to come in any hour they choose.
Ajollyag
Trufit has a 24 hour gym on wildflower for now. Not sure if the new one they are building will have that capability
MedAg07
Anyone know what is planned for Holleman and 2818?
PS3D
BrandoC said:

I think a big fitness center was one of the things they were talking about for Jones Crossing as a second anchor.
UmustBKidding
I'm sure the orange theory guys would love that! First having their customers at CS paying for parking without notice and then second location competing with a "large gym"
dallasiteinsa02
UmustBKidding said:

I'm sure the orange theory guys would love that! First having their customers at CS paying for parking without notice and then second location competing with a "large gym"

This is how you get the burrito clause in your contract.
PS3D
UmustBKidding said:

They're two different types of businesses, and I'm pretty sure that they've been talking about a fitness center before the in-line tenants even signed on. At this rate, they'll be as far apart from each other as Gold's and Trufit anyway (on Texas Avenue).

MedAg07 said:

Anyone know what is planned for Holleman and 2818?

Some sort of restaurant I think, but there's nothing on permits filed besides wiring and plumbing on the shell.
JMac03
AG
There was a sign up for "Swirls" today in the shopping center that Harvey Washbangers is in. It looked further down than Yogurtland used to be, but by a google search I am going to guess it was the same spot.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Anytime Fitness off Wm D Fitch is open 24 hours.
BrandoC
AG
Very small facility.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Agreed, but is never packed
scs2001
AG
Did Yogurtland close?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.