BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

536,589 Views | 1523 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Tailgate88
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bealls at Tejas Center is closing.
Geralt of Rivia
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
PS3D said:

Bealls at Tejas Center is closing.


I'm surprised it stayed open this long. I remember going to that store with my mom when I was 5-6 years old, but I don't think she's been there in 25 years
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pretty sure it's been in that same spot since Manor East Mall opened. It was handy for grabbing a belt or pair of socks.
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
halibut sinclair said:

Pretty sure it's been in that same spot since Manor East Mall opened. It was handy for grabbing a belt or pair of socks.
I remember it being in an in-line store location (there are some pictures floating around that support this) and then moving next to Jo-Ann Fabrics later, replacing the "50 Off Store". When Manor East opened, the Jo-Ann/Bealls building was a Britt's.
halibut sinclair
How long do you want to ignore this user?
These photos from the early-mid 70s show it in the same general location. Maybe not exactly the same spot. There was another entrance inside the mall. The Britt's location was JC Penney later in the 70's - moved there from downtown before they moved to Post Oak in the early 80s. There was a diner on the left side.


bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bealls could be getting converted into a Gordmans.
https://www.recordcourier.com/news/business/owner-converting-bealls-to-a-gordmans/
texasaggie2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Does anyone have an idea when Walk-On's will be opening?
Rexter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
texasaggie2015 said:

Does anyone have an idea when Walk-On's will be opening?


Generally speaking, usually at 11:00am.
mgreen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
texasaggie2015 said:

Does anyone have an idea when Walk-On's will be opening?
I heard January but they are rolling on construction. Could be sooner.
dgonzo99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bcstx06 said:

Bealls could be getting converted into a Gordmans.
https://www.recordcourier.com/news/business/owner-converting-bealls-to-a-gordmans/
It is a done deal. Was told by somebody at Bealls. Bealls has been converting most of their stores to the new brand for a couple of years. This Bealls did a lot of business here until Marshalls moved in. Went there Thanksgiving last year and it was packed. Discount is the new reality. Look for Macy's to do the same at the Mall. I have heard that Macys is going to start selling used clothes for less. Been their several times on Saturday and was about the only person in the store. Only 3 clerks working the whole store. Marshalls and TJMAXX do a landslide business. Why pay full price?
95_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I thought Macy's was pretty much stocking clearance rack stuff here in CS anyway.
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
dgonzo99 said:

bcstx06 said:

Bealls could be getting converted into a Gordmans.
https://www.recordcourier.com/news/business/owner-converting-bealls-to-a-gordmans/
It is a done deal. Was told by somebody at Bealls. Bealls has been converting most of their stores to the new brand for a couple of years. This Bealls did a lot of business here until Marshalls moved in. Went there Thanksgiving last year and it was packed. Discount is the new reality. Look for Macy's to do the same at the Mall. I have heard that Macys is going to start selling used clothes for less. Been their several times on Saturday and was about the only person in the store. Only 3 clerks working the whole store. Marshalls and TJMAXX do a landslide business. Why pay full price?


So are you saying that the Bryan location will become a Gordmans? Or that it will close for good?

If it is closing for good, I don't think that would be a good move for Stage Stores. Especially in a fast growing city like Bryan.
dgonzo99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's just being converted to a Gordmans. Will be closed for a couple of weeks, then reopen with the new name. About 80 stores are being converted to Gordmans. Bealls bought the Gordmans chain a few years back. They have had success with the conversions from what I have heard. Name brands at lower prices like Marshalls and TjMAXX.
bcstx06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
According to this article, both Bealls will be converted to Goodman's:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wacotrib.com/news/business/bealls-in-richland-mall-to-become-gordmans/article_35d6e12f-1004-5390-9d00-14ee231e0858.amp.html

"Other Bealls locations will become Gordmans in Brownsville, Bryan, Carthage, Center, College Station, Ennis, Georgetown, Gonzales, Laredo, Odessa, Round Rock and Sweetwater, she said."

I wonder why the local news agencies (KBTX, KAGS, The Eagle) haven't picked this up?
JMac03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I really hope they spruce up the one in the mall. There are stains all over the carpets. It's really sad.
war hymn aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
src94 said:

Gate 12 Bar and Grill will be going in at the former FBO building at Easterwood General Aviation area.
SIAP but I've been told that Cody Whitten from J Cody's will be operating this location.
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bcstx06 said:

According to this article, both Bealls will be converted to Goodman's:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wacotrib.com/news/business/bealls-in-richland-mall-to-become-gordmans/article_35d6e12f-1004-5390-9d00-14ee231e0858.amp.html

"Other Bealls locations will become Gordmans in Brownsville, Bryan, Carthage, Center, College Station, Ennis, Georgetown, Gonzales, Laredo, Odessa, Round Rock and Sweetwater, she said."

I wonder why the local news agencies (KBTX, KAGS, The Eagle) haven't picked this up?
Sounds like a bunch of Bealls stores are changing. I can think of only a few small-town locations and Beaumont with Bealls now. I'm sure there are others, but that's a substantial number for conversions.
armymom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I know Bealls is in Canton and Sulphur Springs. Probably in many more small towns.
src94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
war hymn aggie said:

src94 said:

Gate 12 Bar and Grill will be going in at the former FBO building at Easterwood General Aviation area.
SIAP but I've been told that Cody Whitten from J Cody's will be operating this location.
This is correct. They are hoping for a May '20 opening
src94
Collectonian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Zoners Pizza, Wings, and Waffles now open behind the CS Walmart...

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Now-open-in-College-Station-Zoners-Pizza-Wings-And-Waffles-559826991.html
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Collectonian said:

Zoners Pizza, Wings, and Waffles now open behind the CS Walmart...

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Now-open-in-College-Station-Zoners-Pizza-Wings-And-Waffles-559826991.html


Do they make a pizza on top of a waffle?
JayHowdy!
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Looks like Orange Theory is open at Jones Crossing as well.
Collectonian
How long do you want to ignore this user?
redd38 said:

Do they make a pizza on top of a waffle?
LOL now that would be a new concept! Looking at their website, they basically do not cross over the three so more like I guess they couldn't decide which specialty to do so they did all three (though the waffle menu is really pitiful and doesn't stand up to MESS at all LOL)
AggieBarstool
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Zoners has the best wings I've had in town, and easily in my top 3 ever. Highly recommend.
Rexter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just heard a rumor that Fedex is putting in a 40K sq ft facility in south CS.
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
True. Site plans were submitted several weeks ago. It will replace their existing CS facility since they have outgrown it.
Counterpoint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

True. Site plans were submitted several weeks ago. It will replace their existing CS facility since they have outgrown it.


Is the old facility the one down hwy 50?
src94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Prob the one on Longmire
src94
Rexter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What I heard is that this will be a regional hub with approximately 100 truck bays. That may kill the ground building on 6 and the office on longmire. I doubt they would kill the depot on 50. Then again, they may move all ops to the new facility. Beats me.

There are supposed to be (15) 30' doors, (20) 22' doors, some 18' and 9' doors. That makes me think the delivery side will be there as well.
95_Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
so where exactly in south CS is this going to be?
Captn_Ag05
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
South of Pebble Creek Elementary (4952 Lakeway Dr.). Site plans can be found on page six here: https://www.cstx.gov/common/pages/DisplayFile.aspx?itemId=15840655
The Brazos Kid
How long do you want to ignore this user?
FedEx Freight out on 50 is different than FedEx Ground and FedEx (blue/orange logo). I'm pretty certain that the one out on 50 is staying put. In my travels I haven't seen the different divisions working out of the same terminal or service center. FedEx Freight is LTL (less than truckload). That's your big stuff on pallets. The other operations handle more of the UPS-type stuff such as letters and packages.
Counterpoint
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texomatic said:

FedEx Freight out on 50 is different than FedEx Ground and FedEx (blue/orange logo). I'm pretty certain that the one out on 50 is staying put. In my travels I haven't seen the different divisions working out of the same terminal or service center. FedEx Freight is LTL (less than truckload). That's your big stuff on pallets. The other operations handle more of the UPS-type stuff such as letters and packages.


Thanks!
redd38
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Luxury-condominium-towers-being-planned-in-Bryan-560176201.html

More details on this Galindo project. If I had $3.5m to spend on a residence in B/CS then I don't think I'd pick that place, but maybe someone will.
dallasiteinsa02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
redd38 said:

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Luxury-condominium-towers-being-planned-in-Bryan-560176201.html

More details on this Galindo project. If I had $3.5m to spend on a residence in B/CS then I don't think I'd pick that place, but maybe someone will.

Land and Single Family Residential is too cheap for their pricing in BCS. Just wait until they release the management fees per unit. Most of these deals have 5-10% of the purchase price as the annual maintenance fee.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.