BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

573,098 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
Cyp0111
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I still think the Urban Prototype HEB or a College version of Target at the Century Square end cap would work well.
dgonzo99
Captn_Ag05 said:

Broncos said:

What happened to the Top Golf-like establishment that we were rumored to be getting?
The latest I heard is that Bryan is trying to get in their midtown development.
I really think this area can support having both Big Shots and Top Golf. Would be a big home run for both cities. The kiddie jumping places in both cities seem be doing a lot of business. Plus having a little competition is always good.
Captn_Ag05
AG
I think the area could support a scaled-down top golf or a big shots, which has a smaller foot print. I don't see any way the area could support both right now.
jja79
AG
Since a place like Top Golf doesn't have competition in Houston it probably wouldn't need it in BCS. How often would you go there and spend $60-100?
Captn_Ag05
AG
A little bit more from the Eagle:

Quote:

The store's exterior will be built to resemble Kyle Field, according to John Alston, president of Brookshire Brothers. He said Thursday that the store would hire between 100 and 125 employees next year.

"This location especially will be tailored to the individual students and what they're looking for," Alston said. "We've listened to the university and what they feel like their needs are. One aspect that was really important for them was a pharmacy."

According to a Brookshire Brothers release, the store will focus on health and wellness, with a full-service pharmacy, medication counseling, immunizations, nutritional supplements and a handful of at-home testing options, including for flu and strep.

Alston said the store would include international cuisine and produce from local, organic and specialty retailers.

"We recognize that Texas A&M has a very diverse population, and for that reason, you're gonna find an emphasis on products that are sourced from around the globe definitely a lot of international flair to A&M, and a lot of international flair to the store that you'll see," Alston said.

https://www.theeagle.com/news/a_m/brookshire-brothers-breaks-ground-for-store-near-texas-a-m/article_72e04dc8-c509-11e9-9d01-4fa1910e7575.html
PS3D
Broncos said:

What happened to the Top Golf-like establishment that we were rumored to be getting?
It was discussed with College Station (complete with zoning discussion in official minutes) but I'm guessing they're holding off until the situation settles with Holleman construction, further construction of Mission Ranch, and impact of River Bend Elementary. (Bryan is just a rumor).
bcstx06
I could be wrong but I don't see a grocery store doing good right there. I think people will continue to go to HEB unless the prices are low. I think they should have considered the new center going up where Hurricane Harry's currently is.
wimberley_ag
Brookshire Bros generally likes to take advantage of small towns and jack prices way up...so I don't see them being cheaper than HEB
jeffk
AG
Brookshire Bros makes some good fried chicken though.
redd38
AG
bcstx06 said:

I could be wrong but I don't see a grocery store doing good right there. I think people will continue to go to HEB unless the prices are low. I think they should have considered the new center going up where Hurricane Harry's currently is.

There are a ton of college kids that live right there, and the Harry's center is years away.
double b
AG
You must have missed the memo, but college kids today are not poor. They drink Starbucks everyday and eat organic foods.

This Brookshire is going to kill it.
Geralt of Rivia
S
redd38 said:

bcstx06 said:

There are a ton of college kids that live right there, and the Harry's center is years away.
I used to live in that general area, and would have loved having a grocery store that close
summergal
Goodwill is building a new store on Boonville Rd.
Look Out Below
AG
Agreed. There are 3,400 beds less than a couple hundred yards away in Park West.
Collectonian
Google is reporting Rosie's Pho as permanently closed!? Yelp is still showing them open, though a recent review mentioned it was for sale.

I was near there the other day and thought I saw some kind of sign on the door, but didn't have time to stop and see what it said.

Can anyone confirm if they are still open or closed?
dgonzo99
Collectonian said:

Google is reporting Rosie's Pho as permanently closed!? Yelp is still showing them open, though a recent review mentioned it was for sale.

I was near there the other day and thought I saw some kind of sign on the door, but didn't have time to stop and see what it said.

Can anyone confirm if they are still open or closed?
Haven't they been closed down by the Health Department a dozen times?
Collectonian
dgonzo99 said:

Haven't they been closed down by the Health Department a dozen times?
Yeah, but the yakiudon stirfry was still delicious :-)
CN
Collectonian said:

FWIW, there's a Vietnamese restaurant under construction near 40 Tempura. The name escapes me but it's something goofy like iPho. North and south College Station are covered by Nam Cafe.
fourth deck
AG
double b said:

You must have missed the memo, but college kids today are not poor. They drink Starbucks everyday and eat organic foods.

This Brookshire is going to kill it.
It will kill it especially during football and baseball games. They'll be the only store in walking distance to campus. Time for the Culpeppers to step up.
Collectonian
He Cafe has closed up shop. :-( Saw the sign on the door today plus the for lease sign while at Culpepper today.
trouble
AG
Collectonian said:

Nam Cafe has closed up shop. :-( Saw the sign on the door today plus the for lease sign while at Culpepper today.

On Northgate? Or their new location?

Collectonian
trouble said:

Collectonian said:

Nam Cafe has closed up shop. :-( Saw the sign on the door today plus the for lease sign while at Culpepper today.

On Northgate? Or their new location?

Woops, sorry, typed in a hurry. I meant He Cafe. *doh* Fixed my original post
Tookieclothespin
AG
Quote:

Quote:

Per Natalie Ruiz Costa Vida going in Caprock Crossing area.

https://www.costavida.com/
Ladies and gentleman, we've hit the jackpot.

The jackpot if you like your meat tasting like sugar and your salsa to be as mild as tomato paste. Or if you're from Utah.
trouble
AG
Oh thank goodness. You almost gave this pregnant lady a heart attack.
BlueMiles
AG
There was a Mr. He that passed away in early August, but I don't know if he was the restaurant owner.
PS3D
The College Station Jack on the Box on Texas Avenue is closed (surrounded by chain link fence, restaurant looks gutted). Probably will be rebuilt like the Bryan Texas Avenue location.
Tailgate88
AG
Tookieclothespin said:

Quote:

Quote:

Per Natalie Ruiz Costa Vida going in Caprock Crossing area.

https://www.costavida.com/
Ladies and gentleman, we've hit the jackpot.

The jackpot if you like your meat tasting like sugar and your salsa to be as mild as tomato paste. Or if you're from Utah.
Costa Vida coming soon signage is up at the lot across from Blue Baker, but the sign shows an office building style building that is to be built there, so I'm a little confused.

I was looking forward to having a Mexican choice at Caprock but that's not exactly a ringing endorsement.
MiMi
S
Quote:

Coming soon signage is up at the lot across from Blue Baker, but the sign shows an office building style building that is to be built there, so I'm a little confused.
I drove by yesterday and there is also a Costa Vida sign up at that location now.
Tailgate88
AG
MiMi said:

Quote:

Coming soon signage is up at the lot across from Blue Baker, but the sign shows an office building style building that is to be built there, so I'm a little confused.
I drove by yesterday and there is also a Costa Vida sign up at that location now.
Sorry for the confusion, I meant a Costa Vida coming soon sign. I edited my post for clarity.
FILO505
AG
Xotic Camo (not sure of full business name) has moved into the old Rother's bookstore location on South Gate
hihozippo
AG
Anyone know about the opening of Zoner's on Longmire & Brother's in CS? Looks like a pizza/wings sports bar maybe?
law80
AG
We are going to the friends/family opening tomorrow night. Grand opening is Tuesday.
src94
AG
Gate 12 Bar and Grill will be going in at the former FBO building at Easterwood General Aviation area.
src94
ratfacemcdougal
Don't know how long it has been open but the Southern Flyer Diner at the Brenham Airport is open again.
MiMi
S
Chick-fil-A at Jones Crossing is having their Grand Opening on September 19.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.