BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

577,017 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
MiMi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
S
I Heart Mac & Cheese is coming to Jones Crossing. Projected December 2019

I Heart Mac & Cheese
JM04
AG
I doubt I heart Mac and cheese will be open by the end of year, but I have seen blueprints and it is coming. Another broken egg is planned for that area and a place called smush cookie. Looks like a cookie/ ice cream cookie place. My guess is all 3 get started on construction soon and finish this spring.
All the Kings men should be getting started soon in the "yard area" of caprock crossing.
Collectonian
They've set up a grand opening event on Facebook for December 21st
https://www.facebook.com/events/391933055058485/
Captn_Ag05
AG
Little more about Smoosh Cookies

https://communityimpact.com/local-news/houston/katy/features/dining/2019/06/11/smoosh-cookies-to-open-in-katy-area/
PS3D
Permit sign at 3004 Holleman South has "Study Station Coffee House" developed as the main tenant.
bionat80
Anyone know what is going in the old AeroFit location on Carter Creek?
UmustBKidding
Sr rehab center is what has been said in here a few times
dgonzo99
Panda Express is proposed for the Briarcrest/Freedom Blvd. area. Jordan Lofts is proposed for Downtown Bryan. It will be a 47,668 square foot building for retail and residential lofts. Oakmont will be adding another 102 lots.
rc_cat
dgonzo99 said:

Panda Express is proposed for the Briarcrest/Freedom Blvd. area. Jordan Lofts is proposed for Downtown Bryan. It will be a 47,668 square foot building for retail and residential lofts. Oakmont will be adding another 102 lots.
Admittedly I don't get out much, but are any of these B/CS mixed retail/living locations actually working as intended? It seems like any I've seen are mostly empty downstairs - yet they keep building them....
Collectonian
Dollar Tree at Tejas Center has a Grand Opening sign up over the top of the store and banners up in the parking lot. HOWEVER, it also has signs on the door noting that opening has been delayed until further notice, so apparently it is not actually open yet.

(that has to be one of the fastest turn arounds of an actual retail store I've seen yet LOL)
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

(that has to be one of the fastest turn arounds of an actual retail store I've seen yet LOL)
or maybe not as fast as they hoped.
Captn_Ag05
AG
More information about the Frost Bank locations to come in Bryan and College Station. College Station groundbreaking will be in January.

https://www.theeagle.com/news/local/frost-bank-announces-plans-for-bryan-college-station-locations/article_d8778330-0c27-11ea-9780-b31ff7797e76.html
cavscout96
AG
techno-ag said:

JMac03 said:

MS08 said:

Commercial strip center with a few pad sites if I recall correctly. Kind of like what was done on Longmire where the Zoners is just not quite to that scale.

Been awhile since I checked up on what the latest on it is though. Did see that they were moving dirt

I looked closer today, they are doing a lot of trenching and digging pretty deep for the foundation. Kind of shocking for a strip area - its not overly large but should be interesting. Thanks for the info.
For engineered foundations these days, with our soil, they do go deep.
Anyone get a confirmation on this project? Looks like only viable entrance would be through the gas station parking lot. Similar to the strip next to the Wendy's / Shell station on Holleman and 2818.
ratfacemcdougal
Maybe I missed it somewhere....What is happening at Kroger on Boonville. Two parking lots are under construction. The one by the gas pumps has concrete that has been deliberately cut in patterns (like for underground services)
halibut sinclair
ratfacemcdougal said:

Maybe I missed it somewhere....What is happening at Kroger on Boonville. Two parking lots are under construction. The one by the gas pumps has concrete that has been deliberately cut in patterns (like for underground services)
They are expanding and remodeling the store.

https://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/SDRC/2019%20SDRC/7-16-19/SP19-35,%20Kroger%20Expansion,%2007-16-19.pdf
ratfacemcdougal
Thank you Halibut. Are they going to plant plenty of trees in the islands for the grackles?
CEAg78
AG
Yes. City requirement.

Maybe not for grackles though.
Collectonian
Burger Mojo posted on their Facebook that they will be opening Thursday, December 5th. Daily hours will be 11am to 11pm to start with.

Drive-thru and breakfast hours slated to begin December 16th, and they plan to switch to 24-hour service on January 6th.
bcstx06
Collectonian said:

Burger Mojo posted on their Facebook that they will be opening Thursday, December 5th. Daily hours will be 11am to 11pm to start with.

Drive-thru and breakfast hours slated to begin December 16th, and they plan to switch to 24-hour service on January 6th.

I see that have fries with a special sauce for only $2.99. I hope that is a sign of the prices that they will have even for the burgers.

If so, it will be similar to P. Terry's from the Austin area. And if that is the case I will be a regular and they should definitely franchise this concept. From the look of the building and logos, that seems to be the case.
Costa and Andreas
Hi All!

In reply to your posting.....

Costa here from Burger Mojo! Check out burgermojo.com to see the menu and pricing. We are thrilled to have this opportunity in this location.

We have been working on this project for 2 1/2 years and finally it's time.

Our prices are in the realm of a Pterrys on up to Whataburger realm. We did a lot of research and work on the menu to ensure that the quality exceeded any typical fast food restaurant.

Some things we do insisting on high quality

Certified Angus Beef 80/20 chuck. Not your typical "ground beef". We form the patties in house so that they aren't dense and overworked like the preformed patties at other restaurants at our price point. We pay more for this beef, but we don't pass that on to the customer. We keep it affordable.

Non GMO Martins Roll for our bread
Ketchup free of high fructose corn syrup and GMO's
All natural chicken
Kennebec potatoes for superior consistency, texture and flavor
Hothouse tomatoes

And much more

Our whole theme is "fast food rebellion" in our endeavor to break all of the fast food cliches and deliver a superior product in a business model that is typically not known for what we are doing. The concept is pop culture themed and you will see that in the menu layout and items' names.

Our single mojo is $3.75 and our double is $5.95. Theres much more to the menu also.

I hope to see you all there!

bcstx06
Thanks for the reply Costa, I can't wait to try it!
Costa and Andreas
bcstx06 said:

Thanks for the reply Costa, I can't wait to try it!
Thank you so much! When you come in please introduce yourself! Would love to meet you and answer menu questions etc. There's quite a bit of variety on the menu but if you're looking for something special made, either my brother or I will whip it up!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!
Collectonian
I doubt anyone will miss it, but the Quick Depot at Texas and North appears to have closed for good. Gas pumps have been covered for at least a week or two now, the usual car hasn't been there, and the store itself seems closed as well - haven't seen a sign on the door, but at this point figured it wasn't just a long break.
mgreen
I can not wait to see your next creation.
Costa and Andreas
mgreen said:

I can not wait to see your next creation.

Thanks Mike! Looking forward to seeing you there! I failed to mention we're going to do three draft beers at the point of sale. Sounds like you and I are going to share a beer!
Collectonian
Looks like Dollar Tree has actually opened now :-)

Also looked like the Dollar Floor Store at Bryan Square is gone? Saw a For Lease above its location and sign is gone? Didn't have a chance to get closer to double check.
Bunk Moreland
What's going in at the Hwy 30/roans prairie intersection?
Rexter
Bunk Moreland said:

What's going in at the Hwy 30/roans prairie intersection?

The high speed rail station.
Bunk Moreland
Ahh of course. Thanks
Rexter
Bunk Moreland said:

Ahh of course. Thanks

On a serious note, it's a c-store. Looks like the style of Aurora, like the one at 21 & 2818.
Bunk Moreland
It's got a hell of an overhang otherwise that's what I would have pegged it as originally.
halibut sinclair
Contrary to what some have posted on here, Napa Flats is open for business and doing just fine.
toolshed
AG
Collectonian said:

Also looked like the Dollar Floor Store at Bryan Square is gone? Saw a For Lease above its location and sign is gone? Didn't have a chance to get closer to double check.

I believe they've moved North to the old Discount Floor place in the Orange building just S of S Coulter.
FILO505
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Contrary to what some have posted on here, Napa Flats is open for business and doing just fine.

Which is crazy, considering they're 0-3 in service for me. You can be overpriced, but you can't combine that with below average service. And yeah, that's over a nine month span.
halibut sinclair
tombdaddy504 said:

halibut sinclair said:

Which is crazy, considering they're 0-3 in service for me. You can be overpriced, but you can't combine that with below average service. And yeah, that's over a nine month span.
We have been there many, many times in the years since they opened and the food and service has always been great. Pricing has not been an issue for us.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.