BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

576,989 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
EBrazosAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
happyinBCS said:

Well of course they knew that when they bought it and demolished the building, if I remember correctly the City was going to pay for part of the cost to move it

That's possible. But saying "of course they knew that" regarding anything with COCS development involved would likely indicate you have never dealt with the COCS in doing a development. Things can change.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Tariny
Does anyone know if ATL Wings is still planning to open a new location on Hwy. 21? A couple of weeks ago, we went to the location on Booneville, but it had a different name on it (sorry, I do not remember the name.)
Monywolf
EBrazosAg said:

While "interesting " it is, looking at the site .... building over the Ditch/creek under the site certainly makes the value limited / cost high of doing something new there .....
It's a feature at the Papacitos in Arlington.
RAMunger83
AG
Pappas Family Saga (and cash drain) due to Luby's needs to play out before we can hope for development here:
[url=https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/Gramm-Pappas-family-feud-over-Luby-s-all-about-13545101.php][/url]
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/Gramm-Pappas-family-feud-over-Luby-s-all-about-13545101.php

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/hedge-fund-manager-pissed-luby-145639111.html

australopithecus robustus
Re: Madhatters.

Yes. I have it on good authority that they put in notice to the landlord that they intend to vacate.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Did Oldham Goodwin drop/get dropped by Jones Crossing? It is no longer listed on their site as a a retail location with available leases.
PS3D
Captn_Ag05 said:

Did Oldham Goodwin drop/get dropped by Jones Crossing? It is no longer listed on their site as a a retail location with available leases.
Seems it's part of "Stratus Properties" now. Nothing on New Development today (for College Station), except for a new patio for Dry Bean Saloon.
Tailgate88
AG
Saw this posted on Nextdoor:

[url=https://nextdoor.com/channels/17902473/?pinned_post=true&post=107855533&is=feed_story][/url]Piasano's Italian Pizzeria
[url=https://nextdoor.com/channels/17902473/?pinned_post=true&post=107855533&is=feed_story][/url]It's actually spelled correctly, Piasano's. This used to be Gumby's on KOPPE Bridge. We stopped by for a quick snack. Had pepperoni rolls that rivaled Double Dave's. The marinara sauce is amazing. The owner said it came from an old family recipe. His heritage is Sicilian and he offers a true deep dish Chicago style pizza pie like my Italian grandmother used to make. Anyway, check it out! They are very nice people!

Www.piasanosaggieland.com
Captn_Ag05
AG
It has been a slow few months on the Upcoming Development page with the city of CS.
bcstx06
Hopefully Bryan starts to see a little more since College Station is slowing up.
cstag07
Gringo's isn't happening anytime soon in College Station. https://www.chron.com/neighborhood/katy/news/article/Gringo-s-Mexican-Kitchen-announces-new-Katy-13699974.php
Captn_Ag05
AG
Didn't the Walk-Ons that was slated to be in that area pull out of their plans as well?
cstag07
[Show proof of that or drop it. -Staff]
Fbuckie
KBTX has IHOP now open in Tower Point.
PS3D
bcstx06 said:

Hopefully Bryan starts to see a little more since College Station is slowing up.
That's not how these things work.
bcstx06
Well, East Bryan is expecting some new retail now that Oakmont has finally began construction.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Homes-under-construction-at-new-Oakmont-development-in-Bryan-509235441.html
bcstx06
I'm sorry, I will definitely update the front page within the next few days. Sorry about that.
Captn_Ag05
AG
We appreciate your work on this thread - definitely no need to apologize!
The Anchor
AG
bcstx06 said:

I'm sorry, I will definitely update the front page within the next few days. Sorry about that.
After the first couple of pages I never check the first page anyways. I just keep up with the new posts on here.
Collectonian
It looks like the Jack in the Box at Texas/Villa Maria is indeed doing a tear-down renovation (versus just closing) as they have a "now hiring" sign up. I wonder if it's part of the corporate take over that happened back in 2017...at the time they mentioned they'd be bringing the locations up to corporate standards.

So far, the brick work where the drive thru was it still up and the demo equipment is gone, so thinking they are keeping that chunk (but could be wrong).
Carny89
Acme glass bought the old Mobil station off of Texas next to old police station. I heard possibly it could be a Starbucks one day. Not positive.
CDub06
AG
I appreciate the updates. I go back and check periodically for things I've missed, or more often - things I've forgotten about.
bcstx06
Thanks guys! I have update the front page for those that like to check it. I'm one of those that rarely looks at the first post, I just read the new comments to see whats coming. But at any rate, it brings me pleasure to know that something I created so may years ago (this thread), sometimes used by local media, realtors, etc.

If I missed anything please let me know. I have also added a new section called "In Talks."
The Anchor
AG
Thanks for what you do
iisanaggie
AG
Jersey Mike's still listed under Coming Soon. Thanks for keeping this updated!
Tailgate88
AG
Aggieland Safari opening May 9th.
I think Walk-Ons pulled out as well...thought they were going into the spot north of Saltgrass where Gringos was supposed to go, but that lot is now for sale.
TheOC16
AG
Tailgate88 said:

Aggieland Safari opening May 9th.
I think Walk-Ons pulled out as well...thought they were going into the spot north of Saltgrass where Gringos was supposed to go, but that lot is now for sale.
Disappointing. I was looking forward to that. I've been told that was the spot to pick up loose cajun women in Lake Charles.
Cyp0111
South College Station is a tough market.
RGRAg1/75
AG
Cyp0111 said:

Salt Grass, which is avg at best, seems to be doing just fine.
AgsWin2011
AG
Saltgrass is packed every time I drive by even during odd eating hours. I still haven't been. I prefer to grill my own steak. Just wish we would get some more selection in this area of town besides pizza and chicken.
KidDoc
AG
RGRAg1/75 said:

Cyp0111 said:

Salt Grass, which is avg at best, seems to be doing just fine.
I enjoy Salt Grass. I know we love to hate on chain restaurants but I have yet to be disappointed there and I've tried a wide variety off their menu. If anything my main complaint is that the portion sizes are so dang big.

I'm a huge fan of just about every Landry's location though with the only exception being Rain Forest Cafe which is meh.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
RGRAg1/75
AG
I didn't mean to "hate on the chain." I actually enjoy their brisket tacos and their brisket queso (when they actually heat it up). And the Texas tea is not bad either.

I used it as an example of how well average restaurants (I consider chains average restaurants) can do in South CS in reply to the poster who said it's a tough market. I disagree with that person. We don't have enough options in the TP area.
TheOC16
AG
I agree.

I'm not one of those who complains about the lack of restaurants in town (in general). I do think we have too many of the same type things, and everyone would be better off if some of the taco shops, burger places, etc were replaced with something unique (preferably healthy...)

But I've always though south College Station had few sit-down dining options. Really I'm amazed there's not more around Rock Prairie. Think about all those kids that live on the west side of Wellborn near Rock Prairie. A good sit down chain that serves a big margarita and cold beer (think all the places on University by 6 - Wings N More, Texas Roadhouse, Cheddars) would do well in that area.
Tailgate88
AG
Every sit down restaurant that has opened in south CS is doing just fine, and there is plenty of room in the market for a few more. It just means people who live down here don't have to drive into town to get to a nice place to eat. Currently on a Friday night, we may venture into town because we've done Saltgrass, Mad Taco, and RX recently....but if other options open up down here then we'll frequent them on some of the occasions that we are currently driving to University Dr. or Century Square.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Speaking of South College Station:

https://www.facebook.com/liveincollegestation/videos/403105227142897/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.