BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

576,942 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
PS3D
How long do you want to ignore this user?
redd38 said:

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Luxury-condominium-towers-being-planned-in-Bryan-560176201.html

More details on this Galindo project. If I had $3.5m to spend on a residence in B/CS then I don't think I'd pick that place, but maybe someone will.
From reading the article, unless College Station-Bryan's economy continues on an unrealistic trend or some major high-end employer lands in town, that project will probably be a white elephant for years to come. Any similar projects in Houston has been in an area that has been an established spot for years.
bcstx06
I think the high rise development could work, but I think the prices should be a little lower. If I were the developer, I would look into mixed use towers. Hotel, office, residential and rental on the ground floor. But we will see when the first tower goes up. I think it might surprise us.
techno-ag
AG
bcstx06 said:

I think the high rise development could work, but I think the prices should be a little lower. If I were the developer, I would look into mixed use towers. Hotel, office, residential and rental on the ground floor. But we will see when the first tower goes up. I think it might surprise us.
Agreed. Lots of folks were surprised Traditions has done so well in Bryan.
lockett93
AG
Look at what Casitas are selling for In Traditions
iisanaggie
AG
The "For Sale" sign is gone and there has been lots of activity in the past couple of weeks at the former Aerofit on Carter Creek. Anyone know what is happening there?
rocketscience
AG
It looks like BCS Modern's project at the North end of downtown Bryan is finally moving forward for the third time although it has been downsized quite a bit again. They posted on Facebook a picture of drilling happening on that property. It will be 5 floors, one floor of retail and 4 of apartments.

https://bcsml.com/work

http://docs.bryantx.gov/planning_development/sdrc/2019%20SDRC/9-17-19/SP19-56,%20Jordan's%20Lofts,%2009-17-19.pdf
Collectonian
Facebook ad that just hit my feed:

We're excited to announce Grand Opening of iPho soon in October 2019. We will serve beloved & delicious Pho along with many popular Vietnamese dishes and Boba Tea.
iPho
2501 Texas Avenue S
College Station, Texas 77840
PS3D
The new Chick-fil-A at Jones Crossing opened today.
FritoRay
I may have missed it but what's going up next to Living Hope Church?
techno-ag
AG
CS Library reopening today

https://www.theeagle.com/news/local/larry-j-ringer-library-in-college-station-reopening-monday-after/article_fe9f665e-dcca-11e9-9dc7-1fc07451d37f.html
Gilli004
Did Title Boxing in College Station close? Their Facebook page no longer exists and you can't find them on the Title Boxing website.
Collectonian
Family Dollar at Tejas Center also going out of business - saw the sign today.

MS08
AG
Excavator crushing up and removing drive thru at former Dickey's today. Good to see stuff happening. Interested to see what goes in there and how well it does.

Any ideas on how "At Home" is doing? I'm not thinking it will last.
jeffk
AG
Wish they'd put the driving range back in.
TXAGGIE10
MS08 said:

Excavator crushing up and removing drive thru at former Dickey's today. Good to see stuff happening. Interested to see what goes in there and how well it does.

Any ideas on how "At Home" is doing? I'm not thinking it will last.

It's going to be a Mexican Restaurant. Las Fuentes or Masfajitas, I cannot remember which one.
Bunk Moreland
Masfajitas.
drthoop
AG
Any ideas as to when the Cooper's BarBQ is going to open? Sign said this Summer but obviously that has come and gone.
CN
drthoop said:

Any ideas as to when the Cooper's BarBQ is going to open? Sign said this Summer but obviously that has come and gone.
According to their Facebook page (Cooper's Old Time Pit Bar-B-Que Aggieland), "It's sooooooon!" but no specific date. They have a now hiring sign out.
drthoop
AG
Thanks. That's almost walking distance from my house. Not quite but almost. I can get there quickly and do it through the backroads. Hope its good enough to become my go to place.
Ajollyag
Anyone heard anything about the rumored HEB for boonville and university?
SPI-FlatsCatter 84
AG
ajolly said:

Anyone heard anything about the rumored HEB for boonville and university?

I haven't heard about that

Does H-E-B already own the corner? If not then it's likely going to be a while. If they do, then just wait for the building permit and signs to go up. Might be still years
It will become a Dollar Tree. Dollar Tree bought Family Dollar and are converting some stores to Dollar Trees.
tb9665
What is going on at the old Areofit off of 29th?
bcstx06
It looks like Drew's Carwash is planning a new location on the NW corner of South Texas Ave and Elm Ave (Very close to Shammy's Carwash). Competition is good!
tb9665
Will the new Drew's be a full service car wash?
halibut sinclair
Hooter's in Bryan has a message on their website saying they are temporarily closed due to circumstances beyond their control. Anyone know what's going on?
JMac03
AG
halibut sinclair said:

Hooter's in Bryan has a message on their website saying they are temporarily closed due to circumstances beyond their control. Anyone know what's going on?
Get Rusty Surette on it!
Ajollyag
halibut sinclair said:

https://images.app.goo.gl/LhhJekBGiVobSGAVA
JMac03
AG
JMac03 said:

halibut sinclair said:

Get Rusty Surette on it!
Rusty called and they are open.
halibut sinclair
halibut sinclair
Another national crisis avoided.
redd38
AG
https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/New-dance-hall-coming-to-Post-Oak-Mall-561796391.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook_KBTX_Media

New dance hall in the mall
(Instead of the Toby Keith one)
AgsWin2011
AG
Maybe that will be the death of Post Oak mall. Malls are becoming obsolete unless it's a Galleria type mall.

I would love to see the mall be knocked down and a new development of restaurants and stores replace it.
bushytailed
AG
Forever 21 is filing for bankruptcy and will be closing a bunch of stores. I wonder if it'll impact the local one.

(It's been a long time since I've shopped at Forever 21.)
nashvilleaggie11
Does anyone know who's behind the new dance hall? Or can help me figure out?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.