BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

576,722 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Masfajitas
Mr.Short-termMemory
AG
phatpat21 said:

Any idea what's going on at the old Dickey's BBQ building, in front of At Home? It looks like they have been doing some work there lately

Mas Fajitas Mexican restaurant
phatpat21
Thank y'all for the response. I looked in earlier pages but couldn't find anything. We live close by so we will have to give it a try!
there were skittles in there!
TalkNerdy2Me
AG
B-College Store has a location permanently closed sign on the front door. This is the convenience store on 29th across from Cubby Hole Storage.

Might have lost some business due to the new Aurora gas station and drive-through store a few blocks away.
KidDoc
AG
phatpat21 said:

Any idea what's going on at the old Dickey's BBQ building, in front of At Home? It looks like they have been doing some work there lately
Masfajitas
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BCStalk
Moved to old Hearn road according to one of the signs that was up. Don't know much else.
techno-ag
AG
Adios Taste of BCS. Falls under "etc."

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/The-Taste-of-BCS-comes-to-an-end-after-nine-years-562683531.html
Bunk Moreland
gotta be honest the last few times I went I wondered why they still had it. There was no innovation or improving upon prior years. Whole event felt stale.
EBrazosAg
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

gotta be honest the last few times I went I wondered why they still had it. There was no innovation or improving upon prior years. Whole event felt stale.

You are thinking of similar named event. I did too. It's the dining rewards card that is being discontinued.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jrhmc
AG
techno-ag said:

Adios Taste of BCS. Falls under "etc."

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/The-Taste-of-BCS-comes-to-an-end-after-nine-years-562683531.html
I'm glad I can use my points up, though. I don't have that much but I'd hate to waste those that I have.
merc
AG
They are doing some kind of land work off HSC across from 8085 apartments but not sure if it is simply utilities or something else.
southerner
AG
more apartments I believe.
Bunk Moreland
Oh gotcha.
techno-ag
AG
Ringer Library Reopening Ribbon Cutting Ceremony tomorrow.
Collectonian
techno-ag said:

Per their Facebook, it's being rescheduled due to Mrs. Mooney's passing. They haven't announced the new date yet.
techno-ag
AG
Collectonian said:

techno-ag said:

Per their Facebook, it's being rescheduled due to Mrs. Mooney's passing. They haven't announced the new date yet.
Right you are. KAGS is on top of their game today.

https://www.kagstv.com/mobile/article/news/local/events-postponed-college-station-mayor-wife-passing-mooney/499-cf1f9eba-6e6a-4713-96a2-76d42220b806
halibut sinclair
KAGS is not on top of their or anyone's game.
EBrazosAg
AG
halibut sinclair said:

KAGS is not on top of their or anyone's game.

Way off forum subject. And the sports guys work their rear ends off covering our local schools. Not fair.
halibut sinclair
I guess those sports promos they run incessantly are working. Back on topic now!

Walk-On's is coming along:

Captn_Ag05
AG
Is there an estimate open date for Walk-Ons?
techno-ag
AG
Collectonian said:

techno-ag said:

And a driver crashed into it.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Elderly-driver-crashes-vehicle-into-Larry-J-Ringer-Library-563152361.html
bcstx06
Will the Clara Mounce Library also get a renovation? It's much older then the J Ringer Library.
Collectonian
techno-ag said:

And a driver crashed into it.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Elderly-driver-crashes-vehicle-into-Larry-J-Ringer-Library-563152361.html
WOW!

bcstx06 said:

Will the Clara Mounce Library also get a renovation? It's much older then the J Ringer Library.
They did a renovation back in 2013. Though it wasn't quite as big as this one and didn't require a closure.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Dat Dog is closed. How long were they open? A year? They had a terrible location.
snaglepuss
I guess I must have missed it,...but what is that large metal building being built on 21 east of the by-pass?
trouble
AG
Captn_Ag05 said:

Dat Dog is closed. How long were they open? A year? They had a terrible location.

Just over a year.
Aggie
AG
trouble said:

Captn_Ag05 said:

Just over a year.

Tough go for hot dog joints around campus.
There was another place near campus called Harold's that closed down around 2013-2014 that was here for couple years. Had hot dogs and in house made ice cream.
Both places had pretty decent food IMO.
redd38
AG
Northgate isn't the place for a $10 hot dog
SchnauzerMom
We loved Harold's and were sad to see them close.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Of all the locations they could have picked, that was about the worst one. No parking, couldn't see it from University, etc. May have been able to be a success in a better, more convenient, more visible location.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I always wanted to try Dat Dog. Like others have said, there was basically no parking. I wasn't going to park in the lot behind the Chicken at lunch and walk over there in the middle of summer
bcstx06
Geralt of Rivia said:

I always wanted to try Dat Dog. Like others have said, there was basically no parking. I wasn't going to park in the lot behind the Chicken at lunch and walk over there in the middle of summer

I wanted to try it too, but there was no place to park. This place wants to urbanize, but doesn't embrace urban transportation needed for locations like this to work.
new straw
I'm not sure how long zoners will last. Their wings were soggy and gristly when I went a few weeks ago. Their parking lot was near empty tonight around 6 pm.
chickencoupe16
AG
We went a couple kind weeks ago and had pizza and a stromboli. Both were good, pizza was the better of the two. At the same time, there are already so many pizza places in town.
redd38
AG
Speaking of which, we're getting a new pizza place in Tejas Center

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.