BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

579,535 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
australopithecus robustus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pretty much all of the independent restaurants here are underpriced if you ask me.

We are actually pretty fortunate at the value they all offer
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I think that the Tad's being built by the Lowe's in CS can be considered dead.

They put the slab in and a simple frame....and then stopped. That was in August. I pass by there almost daily and haven't seen a single person on the site in months.
isitjustme
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

I think that the Tad's being built by the Lowe's in CS can be considered dead.

They put the slab in and a simple frame....and then stopped. That was in August. I pass by there almost daily and haven't seen a single person on the site in months.
Still listed on their coming soon page. I ate at one a month or so ago and it was nothing special except the wings appetizer, which was really good. Complicating things was the training of a new server which bogged things down and prolonged the stay. Probably give them another chance anyway, but I lIke Walkons better.
Tailgate88
AG
What is going in between the Shell Station and the church at the corner of Barron & 6?
TXAGGIE10
Tailgate88 said:

What is going in between the Shell Station and the church at the corner of Barron & 6?

Aaron Automotive
IndieAggie
AG
Almost time for them to re-paint the "Coming Soon" sign - again.
TxAgg07
AG
GMO free ketchup? You know there is no such thing as a GMO tomato, right?

trouble
AG
No GMO wheat for the buns either.

Fleen
GMO or no GMOs, Burger Mojo is uh-mazing. We had the Rebel Yell burger , Snuff the Rooster chicken, Mojo burger and Queso Supernova fries. All were great, the avacado salsa I would jar and sell. Boots Beverages on the fountain is always a bonus. The fries man, the fries...
trouble
AG
Not a fan of that type of marketing. They may be amazing but I won't spend my money there
Fleen
trouble said:

Not a fan of that type of marketing. They may be amazing but I won't spend my money there

Ummm, ok. We all choose battles to fight I guess...
trouble
AG
Yup and scare tactic marketing combined with science illiteracy is something I'm willing to fight against.
Fleen
And I support that right!
AggieBarstool
Fleen said:

GMO or no GMOs, Burger Mojo is uh-mazing. We had the Rebel Yell burger , Snuff the Rooster chicken, Mojo burger and Queso Supernova fries. All were great, the avacado salsa I would jar and sell. Boots Beverages on the fountain is always a bonus. The fries man, the fries...
UGH! How do y'all learn of these soft openings?! I wanted to go to this one SO bad.

Either way, the menu for this place looks amazing, and priced well to boot. If the burgers live up to the hype, they'll offer stiff competition for the other two burger joints on University.
Fleen
It is easily at the top of my list of go to meal options. I'm not going to over analyze a burger but this was what I look for in a hamburger, at a price I am willing to pay, with great options, top notch fries, Boots soda, fast and friendly...

Parking is my only concern, it is limited, I was going to ask Andreas* if they have any agreement with parking at embassy suites garage.

*the only reason we got to enjoy tonight is that I teach his kiddos and have been hounding him in the pick - up line at school.

Costa and Andreas
Matt,
So nice meeting you and your family. Thank you kindly for the compliments. We are working hard to deliver the best product at a great value.

Aggiebarstool,
We have a private event tomorrow. However, I am personally inviting you to come in to try us out. Please email me at info@eccellgroup.com so I can get your pedigree info. and we can make that happen.

trouble,
That non GMO claim to the ketchup is simply a verification from nongmoproject.org. The ketchup is indeed free of high fructose corn syrup.

We are so happy and feel so fortunate to have this opportunity.

Good night everyone!

Costa
trouble
AG
The non GMO project is exactly the kind of marketing I'm talking about.
Fleen
Costa, very nice to meet you too! I love your nieces so much and that nephew is getting big!

Barstool, I hope you get to check them out tomorrow!
bushytailed
AG
AggieBarstool said:

Fleen said:

UGH! How do y'all learn of these soft openings?! I wanted to go to this one SO bad.

Either way, the menu for this place looks amazing, and priced well to boot. If the burgers live up to the hype, they'll offer stiff competition for the other two burger joints on University.

I scored an invite to the soft opening via a FB post a couple months back. Looking forward to lunch tomorrow!

Does anyone know if there is a back way into the parking lot? Trying to avoid a u-turn on Univ during the lunch rush.
Costa and Andreas
North on Texas, right on Cooner, right on Eisenhower!
Fleen
Costa and Andreas said:

North on Texas, right on Cooner, right on Eisenhower!

Yep, what he said!
ShinerBlonde
AG
Costa, the burgers and fries were amazing! Great soft opening and I am looking forward to coming back already.
Costa and Andreas
Thank you so much! It's been a pleasure serving everyone and meeting new people.

I look forward to more!

After we get some serious reps in and get better at our craft, I can't wait to start our "wbf" (weekly burger feature). Andreas and I intend to use that as vehicle to start putting some fun, atypical, and sometimes radical items out there.

Right now I'm thinking "El Toro". It's definitely going to involve brisket. This should be fun!!
Geralt of Rivia
S
Definitely going to give it a try sometime soon. Sounds delicious
BCSWguru
so will it be better or worse than the handy burger?
ratfacemcdougal
Sorry if I missed it....what is going next to Burger King at Texas and Deacon?
gunan01
AG
Will Burger Mojo have any vegetarian options like the Beyond Meat or Impossible Foods patty?
Costa and Andreas
We are working on a product that will meet several standards for production, price and quality. Hopefully we can have something in the near future.
ag009
AG
Went to Burger Mojo's soft opening. Food was yummy, atmosphere was fun, and pricing is great! I anticipate my husband and 3 small kids can get in and out for $25...which is hard to beat.
CDucote
There's a sign for Shogun Restaurant up in Tower Point behind/next to Gold's at the top of the hill (behind Freddy's).

Dinosaur Egg Float Spa announced on their FB page that they are closing as of Dec 31
bcstx06
The City of Bryan is looking to bring a concept like this:
to the new Midtown Super Park. This one is called Chicken N Pickle. Looks pretty cool and I could see it always being busy. Here is more info:
Bryan Council Taking Road Trip To North Texas
http://wtaw.com/2019/12/03/bryan-council-taking-road-trip-to-north-texas/

http://www.chopshoplive.com/

https://muttscantina.com/

https://chickennpickle.com/

halibut sinclair
The CS Cheddar's was sold by the local franchisee to the corporate office. They will be closed today and reopen Thursday.

https://www.kbtx.com/content/news/Local-Cheddars-restaurant-sold-to-corporate-office-565765721.html
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

The CS Cheddar's was sold by the local franchisee to the corporate office. They will be closed today and reopen Thursday.
I was surprised at the small size of the lunch crowd a week or so ago. I hadn't been there in a while.
TommyBrady
AG
There is a chicken n pickle in my hometown in Kansas and it is packed like crazy! People love it and it's a great place to hang out and have a good time with your kids and also has a bar and hang out for adults. This would be a home run addition to a growing town.
K2T2
Costa and Andreas said:

We are working on a product that will meet several standards for production, price and quality. Hopefully we can have something in the near future.
Yay! This makes me (and the gaggle of vegans in town) very happy!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.