BCS Coming & Going: Retail, Restaurants, Businesses, etc (2019)

573,152 Views | 1522 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Tailgate88
TheOC16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
hennyj15 said:

Are they opening up a new trufit by the target in Bryan? If so when will it open? That will be the closest one to our house. We cant use the existing one there because it's the only location without babysitting.
When I asked at the Texas Ave location, they said they did not have a set date but they were hoping by the end of summer or early Fall.

That little one there now is the 24 hour location, so it's obviously going to have a limited amount of other amenities. When I've gone (rarely and at weird times) they don't even have people working there.
90 bull
AG
We talked to them last week, and they said it would be open around July 15
95_Aggie
AG
Quote:

Waffle House would make a killing in that location. It would be right between two hotels.
I'm pretty sure if you are staying at the Hilton you can afford better food than what Waffle House serves up.
jja79
AG
Which is what? Waffle House is greatness.
Belton Ag
AG
95_Aggie said:

Quote:

Waffle House would make a killing in that location. It would be right between two hotels.
I'm pretty sure if you are staying at the Hilton you can afford better food than what Waffle House serves up.
There is no better food than what the Waffle House serves up.
BrandoC
AG
Waffle House is OK but I mean anyone who can cook can make waffles, pancakes, eggs, hashbrowns and toast and it taste the same. Waffle House is so well known because of its nostalgia popularity.
95_Aggie
AG
No one around here cared about Waffle House until we joined the SEC
TheOC16
AG
95_Aggie said:

No one around here cared about Waffle House until we joined the SEC

australopithecus robustus
I ate at Waffle House once.....once. Never been back nor do I care to. It was pure slop and I wouldn't eat there again even for free.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I know I know. I'm sure a lot of people on here will hate that I said that. Truly the issue was that people have touted it so much for so long that I was really let down when I went as it was very meh.

But, of course, like they say, opinions are like *******s....and it applies to me as much as anyone.
Geralt of Rivia
S
I hear you. Before I had it I just assumed it was like Denny's. To me, it has been much better than that whenever I've been to one
eloc62
Breakfast is breakfast. Any place can cook eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, etc... Waffle House is just as good or bad as any Denny's, IHOP, or Kettle I've been to. When we are on the road and want a good, cheap breakfast, we will stop at any of those places depending on which one is close or on our route. As long as they have a good strong cup of coffee in the morning to get me going, i am fine.
Well I suppose that's my issue. I don't eat at those places for breakfast.

I'd rather just get whataburger or taco c or something for half the price and comparable or better quality.
Tailgate88
AG
If I eat breakfast, which is rare, it will come on a tortilla and some good hot sauce.
iisanaggie
AG
I looked but couldn't find any info on the front page. Anyone know what is being built along the southbound feeder of HWY 6 almost to the Harvey intersection?
Captn_Ag05
AG
Rockies is closing. This will be their last weekend.
MiMi
S
Chicken Salad Chick has its sign up at Jones Crossing. Google search shows a June 5 opening date.
Captn_Ag05
AG
Anyone else hear anything about PJ's Coffee coming to BCS?
TXAGBQ76
AG
must say I have never eaten slop, so I would not be able to make that comparison.
Aggie
AG
Waffle House is terrible.
Absolutely terrible

It's popular just because of the SEC thing and people like to just say they like it.
I'm convinced most people who push for Waffle House have never really eaten at one.
It's garbage.
eloc62
Tailgate88 said:

If I eat breakfast, which is rare, it will come on a tortilla and some good hot sauce.
I pretty much can eat anything, at any time of day or night, that is put in a tortilla with some good hot sauce!
RGRAg1/75
AG
Aggie said:

Waffle House is terrible.
Absolutely terrible

It's popular just because of the SEC thing and people like to just say they like it.
I'm convinced most people who push for Waffle House have never really eaten at one.
It's garbage.

Your take is garbage.
b0ridi
Are Brazos Valley Hyundai and College Station Hyundai related? Same owner?
CDub06
AG
If this thread devolving into a Waffle House fight, please put me firmly on team anti-Waffle House. There are two within 3 miles of my office. I've eaten there twice in 13 years. And once was immediately after Harvey because nothing else was open in Conroe - though I appreciated that.
K2T2
Am I the only person on earth that gets torn up on the inside from eating Waffle House? Last time I went, I got only hash browns and swirl toast just to be safe and I still felt the same kind of awful. ON POTATOES AND BREAD! The food's nowhere near good enough to justify the slippery brick it puts into my digestive track.
OnlyANobody
The short answer is yes. The mailing address is to BKCK, LTD in Port Lavaca for both. The Registered Agent address for BKCK, LTD is in Victoria.
The Anchor
AG
Move the Waffle House talk elsewhere please. Let's stay on the comings and goings.
bushytailed
AG
The Med just got bought by St Joe's.

link
Quote:

KBTX has confirmed CHI St. Joseph Health and subsidiaries of Community Health Systems Inc. have signed an agreement to purchase the assets of the College Station Medical Center.
The transfer is expected to be complete in the third quarter of this calendar year.
According to emails from the CEOs of both hospitals, CHI St. Joseph Health plans to offer employment to substantially all employees of the College Staton Medical Center.
The following is a press release from CHI St. Joseph Health:
Subsidiaries of Community Health Systems Inc. (NYSE: CYH) have signed an agreement for College Station Medical Center (CSMC) to soon become part of CHI St. Joseph Health. The agreement was signed today, May 23 and the transfer is expected to be complete in the third quarter of this calendar year.
"CHI St. Joseph is excited by the possibility of bringing College Station Medical Center into our system, " said Theron Park, president and CEO of CHI St. Joseph Health. "This potential alignment can ensure that our healthcare facilities have a strong, sustainable future in the Brazos Valley. In a challenging and changing healthcare environment, this will improve access and service to the College Station community. It also gives us the opportunity to invest capital and expand services at College Station Medical Center, which will only enhance the health of the community and strengthen delivery of healthcare in the Brazos Valley, while also expanding access to the CHI St. Joseph and Texas A&M Health Network," Park said.

VetSurg
AG
iisanaggie said:

I looked but couldn't find any info on the front page. Anyone know what is being built along the southbound feeder of HWY 6 almost to the Harvey intersection?
New Rollo Insurance offices.
meezermom
Well, that was underwhelming. Thanks VetSurg - I've been wondering, too!
kevmiller
What's going in behind Salt Grass?
halibut sinclair
kevmiller said:

What's going in behind Salt Grass?

Walk-on's
BradC34
AG
OnlyANobody said:

The short answer is yes. The mailing address is to BKCK, LTD in Port Lavaca for both. The Registered Agent address for BKCK, LTD is in Victoria.

Ben Keating (Port Lavaca Auto Group). Aggie and amateur racer in IMSA.
PS3D
Not quite "new" but Schlotzsky's is rebranding all of its restaurants as "Schlotzsky's Austin Eatery", complete with signs proclaiming "Austin Born & Bread" inside.

Meanwhile, College Station's New Development page showed nothing particularly interesting except a replat of the area around Checkers, suggesting that the gas station may get redeveloped soon.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.