Rocket League

172,252 Views | 1303 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
shertown04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gregg Papivich said:

Finally hit rising star in standard.. Took way longer than 2v2s

Probably would've hit it sooner without carrying me game after game, haha.
theNetSmith
AG
I still play RL regularly -- probably 4-5 nights/week.

Even though I think I'm a decent player, I feel like I will forever be stuck in the Challenger ranks, tho I imagine I could move into the next one (rising star?) in both 2s and 3s if I would just go buy a headset.
GigEmAgs14
AG
Had one of my first aerial goals the other night, finally!
GigEmAgs14
AG
https://gameclipscontent-d2006.xboxlive.com/0009000003e503a7-d3ab8116-b4bb-41e7-bbbb-d3b95ecbf6de/GameClip-Original.MP4?sv=2014-02-14&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=rS90DbEUfd3yfds82rhekWY%2FBQ6cWYKCLUWCHRvNMgM%3D&__gda__=1481302885_f67b44bd051a7c95d4cb9a3ca27fa3ec

Not sure how to post a gif
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Nice... I had a really good save the other night...

sdc177
AG
I still play very frequently on Steam and it is my favorite game of all time. Unfortunately I change my Steam name frequently so if you can't find me to add post on here. I am currently "Jorvorskie Lane" and the other night we were playing 3s with me, "Coach Fran" and "Stephen McGee" which was a lot of fun.

I am still "sdc177" on PS4 but play maybe once a month on there. If find RL on PC to be 100x better than console and I am much better on PC.
Buck O Five
AG
What makes the pc version better?
Gregg Papivich
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Solid%20Gentleman/video/24406854#
Gregg Papivich
Well *****that didn't work
shertown04
AG
My great Time Warner ping has been stuck at about 300 most of the last two days....unplayable.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
Anybody want to play ranked 2's on psn? I'd consider myself fairly good, but getting capped by random teammates I can't communicate with. I'm hungry2greedy on psn.
FightinAggie07
AG
I'm online very sporadically, but I love doubles. Add me and we can play on PSN sometime soon (maybe this weekend). TxAgFTW is my handle.
Gregg Papivich

Finally hit Shooting Star in doubles
theNetSmith
AG
Buck O Five said:

Not having to use a pos PS controller!

Actually, the greatest thing about playing on the PC (for me) is being able to type messages to the other players, but that's because I don't have a headset.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
theNetSmith said:

Buck O Five said:

Actually, the greatest thing about playing on the PC (for me) is being able to type messages to the other players, but that's because I don't have a headset.

Do you play with keyboard and mouse? Or just another controller.

By the way, does anyone else in 2s turn on their random teammate if they are being a jackass with passive aggressive What a Save!s and Nice Shot!s to the other team? I think I've deranked a few times from that.
theNetSmith
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

theNetSmith said:

Buck O Five said:

By the way, does anyone else in 2s turn on their random teammate if they are being a jackass with passive aggressive What a Save!s and Nice Shot!s to the other team? I think I've deranked a few times from that.
I use an Xbox 360 controller. I don't know how people can play using the keyboard.

I get easily riled by teammates who use "Wow!" when I make a mistake. There is nothing else that gets under my skin quite like that. My typical reaction is to patiently wait for them to screw up -- never takes long -- and then return the favor. That said, I get your point. I can't stand having a teammate who is a sarcastic dick to the other team. I only do that kind of stuff if someone on the other team starts it. There are so many jerks, tho, and I suspect most of them are less than half my age.
jr15aggie
AG
Gregg Papivich said:

Finally hit Shooting Star in doubles
Congrats!!!

Gregg Papivich
theNetSmith said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

theNetSmith said:

Buck O Five said:

I use an Xbox 360 controller. I don't know how people can play using the keyboard.

I get easily riled by teammates who use "Wow!" when I make a mistake. There is nothing else that gets under my skin quite like that. My typical reaction is to patiently wait for them to screw up -- never takes long -- and then return the favor. That said, I get your point. I can't stand having a teammate who is a sarcastic dick to the other team. I only do that kind of stuff if someone on the other team starts it. There are so many jerks, tho, and I suspect most of them are less than half my age.

Nothing annoys Shertown more than a "what a save"
shertown04
AG
Gregg Papivich said:

theNetSmith said:

Lt. Joe Bookman said:

theNetSmith said:

Buck O Five said:

Nothing annoys Shertown more than a "what a save"

That's a long list and it gets longer every day. I enjoyed reading the Monday rant thread on Reddit. If someone gives me a "what a save" they had better not make any mistakes the rest of the game including whiffs or mis-hits or missed saves.
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
I'm pretty sure anyone not 12 years old gets annoyed by this, but thankfully this game allows for plenty of opportunities to return the favor.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Anyone going to be on Xbox tonight and looking to play 2s or 3s?
shertown04
AG
I would've been but my xbox is having issues connecting to Live so I can't do squat with it.
Joe Cole
I was late to the RL party, but I got this game a couple months ago and my 7 year old and I have had a blast playing.

I have never played online, but about to get into it

Blown away by some of the goals you see the "pros" make

Halibut
AG
Red Bull has a poll for the best e-sports players of 2016 and Kuxir (Rocket League pro) was nominated. http://www.redbull.com/uk/en/esports/stories/1331835141751/best-esports-player-of-the-year-2016-red-bull-esports

Also, here's a montage video of some of his shots.

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Season 3 rewards shown below...

Season 4 will start in April. Looks like they are changing the tiers.

https://rocketleaguegame.com/news/competitive-season-4-update-and-season-3-rewards/
Gregg Papivich
Can't wait to get those blue wheels
FightinAggie07
AG
Those challengers have my name on them!

Seriously though, I like that theyre changing the colors/schemes. Much easier to follow.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I'm stuck bouncing between Challenger II and III for 2s and 3s.
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Would anyone be interested in a TexAgs only Rocket League Tournament?

Could make it 2v2 or 3v3.

Platform would be PC/PS4

I would be happy to set it up if there was enough interest.
FormerLefty
AG
In
sdc177
AG
Whooooooooooooooop said:

Would anyone be interested in a TexAgs only Rocket League Tournament?

Could make it 2v2 or 3v3.

Platform would be PC/PS4

I would be happy to set it up if there was enough interest.
Yes. Prefer PC but I may do PS4 (much better on PC- timing/physics/etc).
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
It would be private matches, so we would be able to do crossplay between PC and PS4.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I guess Xbox can't be in cross platform private matches?
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
I think they can with PC, but not with PS4.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.