Rocket League

171,810 Views | 1303 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
Prophet00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MrProphet00 on PSN
sdc177
AG
$12 on Amazon for PC:

http://slickdeals.net/f/8619606-amazon-gamechanger-pc-digital-download-deals-helping-charity-upcoming-sales-rocket-league-11-98-fallout-4-city-skylines-world-of-warcraft-smite-and-more-50-75-off
Predmid
AG
I need to get a controller for this. Any recommendations out there?
Bryan98
AG
quote:
I need to get a controller for this. Any recommendations out there?
For PC? Use an Xbox One controller with a USB cable - Lunar White or Forza Blue, if you can get them (the latter is sold on Microsoft's website). Or an Xbox 360 controller. Those are the best controllers yet made, imho.
Predmid
AG
I will not insult my master race pc with console components.
Bryan98
AG
Okay, but over 95% of PC gamers I know use console controllers. There's the Steam controller, but it's weird.
Predmid
AG
It was tongue in cheek humor.
Buck O Five
AG
Anyone else find their level of play regressing after incorporating aerials? Quite a few whiffs leading to open goals.

Also double tapping x and flying when a simple nose on goal would lead to a score.
shertown04
AG
I had to take a break from playing for a while because people were trying to get too fancy when a simple basic move would suffice. Like trying to aerial when you are in goal only to whiff or rushing to the ball to be the first to get to it and end up own goaling it or centering it perfectly for the other team. I also had someone quit a ranked match 3 games in a row leaving my team shorthanded. It would be nice if we could get some texags peeps back on there again sometime.
Predmid
AG
I'll play. Im **** terrible, but I'll play
Prophet00
AG
I play pretty regularly, but only 30-45 minutes at a time. And, I suck.
sdc177
AG
I use the ps4 controller on pc.
shertown04
AG
Previously announced, but now verified for April with an awesome little gif.

http://gamerant.com/rocket-league-basketball-release-date-105/
Phat32
AG
Free this weekend has me hooked.
Phat32
AG
Currently $17 on Xbox One - https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-One/Games/Rocket-League/233becfb-c914-4ef4-9a73-398e8195f00a
jmal13
AG
add me to the list please, I'm on pretty often

I'm ranked around the top of the Challenger class.

Steam: Jmal13
PSN: JJMaloney
Xbox: JMAL13
fav13andac1)c
AG
Add me to the Steam list, please. This is the only game I'm playing right now.

mynameismud

My avatar is Wheatley from Portal 2
sdc177
AG
Just added both of y'all. I'm now "Usidore, Wizard of the 12th..." on Steam but have the aTm logo avatar.

Jmal13 on Steam....4,181 hours of Rocket League??? Holy Carp!!!
3rdGen2015
AG
quote:
Just added both of y'all. I'm now "Usidore, Wizard of the 12th..." on Steam but have the aTm logo avatar.

Hello from the Magic Tavern!
sdc177
AG
quote:
quote:

Hello from the Magic Tavern!
Indeed. The podcast thread here a while back turned me on to it.
AGinHI
AG
updated for you and fav13andac1)c

If you're not on the front page leave a comment.

(I really should jump into this game again--y'all seem to be having a lot of fun)
Predmid
AG
quote:
updated for you and fav13andac1)c

If you're not on the front page leave a comment.

(I really should jump into this game again--y'all seem to be having a lot of fun)

Steam: Predmid
k_beaman
AG
Steam: Sniffles

I play fairly frequently
Halibut
AG
I play this game WAAAAAAY more than I probably should.

PSN: halibut05
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Hadn't played in a long time before today, but I'm rediscovering how much fun it is
PSN: TXAGG633
shertown04
AG
In the last few weeks I have rediscovered how frustrating this game is to play with idiots that like to hit the ball toward their own goal or charge the face off from the back position and watch the other team immediately score.
AGinHI
Halibut
AG
quote:
In the last few weeks I have rediscovered how frustrating this game is to play with idiots that like to hit the ball toward their own goal or charge the face off from the back position and watch the other team immediately score.

The more you play, the quicker you climb out of that hell. It never completely goes away though, as even near lvl 50, I still have games with ball-chasers, people who don't rotate, etc. I hope some of this changes when they release the patch that aims to reduce games with wildly different player skill/experience.
Phat32
AG
Any strategy tips for a newbie?
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Read the things that people are complaining about here and do the opposite.
Halibut
AG
quote:
spend some time in free play and the training modes. The quicker you get comfortable with the physics of your car, the ball, and the arena, the faster you'll improve.
Buck O Five
AG
quote:

Learn to use your air control button for controlled falls in practice. If you can learn to land on your wheels and not get stuck on your roof you will be ahead of most rookies.

Once you have that, down, you can prevent getting stuck in a goal for half the match by driving out on the ceiling and flipping to land wheels down.
shertown04
AG
Oh I've played. Not a level 50 (only 35) but I have played something like 850 games. I took a long break for The Division for the last few months. My problem is probably just that I don't play a lot of 1v1 or 2v2 and I know that's where the really talented players are.
k_beaman
AG
quote:
Oh I've played. Not a level 50 (only 35) but I have played something like 850 games. I took a long break for The Division for the last few months. My problem is probably just that I don't play a lot of 1v1 or 2v2 and I know that's where the really talented players are.
I've been trying to get better at 1v1, but for some reason I can't ever get above Challenger 1. I always get burned on breakaway goals and can never hit it in after a good setup. I do like playing solo standard, but being matched with people who don't understand how to play in a team really frustrates me.
theNetSmith
AG
I no longer go by "Craptastic" which I noticed is still in the IGN list at the top of this thread. My Steam account name is theNetSmith but my edited name (or whatever you call it) is NiZaNoSa and my avatar is no longer a picture of a Jeep.

Really liking the 6/20 update except for one thing: the stupid, multi-level, Tokyo-themed map should NOT be in the ranked map rotation!!! I hate that level and I am not very good at it because I never played the Rocket Labs maps very often.

Have been playing more lately with sdc177 (Usidore) and my son (who is crazy good).

Steam players, feel free to send me a friend request.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.