Rocket League

168,507 Views | 1303 Replies | Last: 11 mo ago by johnnyblaze36
Pman17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Free-to-play is out.

If you get the game on the Epic Games Store, you get a free $10 coupon. Unfortunately you have to buy a minimum of $15, but if you buy the Jager Pack $20 before coupon, you get 1000 credits you can use towards the season pass.
oh no
AG
I just discovered this free game and put it on my son's nintendo switch. it's super fun, but it looks like i'm 6 years too late to this one - will it be impossible to get 'good' at this game on a switch?
aggiebq03+
The game is totally playable on the Switch as long as casual fun is what you are looking for. With it now free to play the user base went from about 60-100k on at any time to nearly 1M always on. So the new user base is massive and there are plenty of other people just starting out.

Its a great game and lots of fun especially if you have some friends to play with. Just be careful. It's easy to go from playing on a Switch, to spending $1,800 on a computer and 144hz gaming monitor and logging well over 1k hours on the game in a few years. Or so I hear...

PS- "What a Save!"
PPS- you'll get that joke soon enough if you start playing
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Is anyone still playing?

I know FormerLefty still gets in like 14 hours a day and I try to play on weekend nights.
Rule Number 32
AG
I pop in every few months, then remember why I always quit. The average skill level is so incredibly high at that game!
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Ranked can be really frustrating. I definitely prefer some casual private games with a group unless I am getting carried in ranked by someone much better than me
aggiebq03+
Still love the game. Will plan ranked early season to get my Champ 1 rank locked in for the season, as I struggle to avoid slipping to Diamond 3.

Then it's casual play when I feel like it a bit most days. Such a fun game still, hope the player base stays up. I never intend to practice and actually get good, but still fun to get a few games in a week.

My problem is we live overseas so no option to really team up, and sometimes ping is bad where we are.
Prophet00
AG
Still play regularly, especially every Tuesday nights (after we play Warzone).

I have so many hours on this game, starting with PS4 and moving to PC. But somehow, I only top out at Champ 2.

Still, I contend that RL is my absolute favorite and I'll play it for years and years to come. Perfect game for me that I always come back to.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Whooooooooooooooop said:

Is anyone still playing?

I know FormerLefty still gets in like 14 hours a day and I try to play on weekend nights.

Played with Lefty tonight. Can confirm he is still great and I will forever be stuck in Div 2 land. Also can confirm that this is still the funnest game ever made and I'll probably still be playing it from my hospital bed 40 years from now.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.