Rocket League

171,811 Views | 1303 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
Michael78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wanted to share that I met my season goals!

This season they were:
- Champ+ in all playlists
- Grand Champ in at least 1 playlist

Tonight I hit champion in 1s

Bonus points that I totally SMACKED one of the UT players on my promotion game 10-2

Next season:
- Grand Champ in 2 playlists
- Dip into top 100
Johnson.21
AG
I reached diamond 1 in standard this season after only reaching gold 3 last season. I bought the game in March if that helps any beginners with a timeline, though I probably play more than I should. Thanks for the dope training packs Wayprotein!
Rule Number 32
AG
Congrats Way! Was fun watching you grind out 1's the other night. It's crazy watching the different strategies that go into higher division 1v1.

I got gold rewards, which was my goal for this time. Going to try for platinum next season but I doubt that happens since highest I got in any playlist this season was Gold 2 div 1. The jump from gold to plat seems pretty steep based on playing with/against a few of those players lately.

Good luck next season everyone...
Michael78
Thank you! Also congratulations, if I can help you at all in your grind to platinum please let me know!
Prophet00
AG
Played for quite awhile last night, and was able to open my ranking with Plat 1 Div 2 on Standard and Doubles. Ended the night falling to Gold 3 Div 4, but pretty happy with the progress over last season.

Now i just need to keep getting more comfortable in the air. And i need a Popcorn explosion...
Forum Troll
AG
I got into Silver 2 for standard. I only won 4 of the 10 matches and 1 was an insta-forfeit by the other team. Felt like I had monkeys for teammates the first few games when we literally scored nothing, never maintained possession and always cleared the ball towards our own goal or whiffed horribly. Hoping to move into Gold at some point this season; seems like a good goal for a new player.
sdc177
AG
I (R. C. Slocum) added you on Steam, Forum Troll. I'll look for you!

TxAgFTW I think I added you a long time ago on Steam but removed because you were never online (I purge about once a month). I re-added you and will look for you too!

I think I added some of these "pros" above too.

Anyone else feel free to add me on Steam (R. C. Slocum).

Forum Troll
AG
sdc177 said:

I (R.C. Slocum) added you on Steam, Forum Troll. I'll look for you!

TxAgFTW I think I added you a long time ago on Steam but removed because you were never online (I purge about once a month). I re-added you and will look for you too!

Michael78
I'm #60 on the global 3v3 leaderboards at champ 2. Does this mean I'm a top 100 player? lol

(Obviously not since ranks haven't settled out yet.)
Halibut
AG
Nice!

I just finished my placement matches for duel (plat 2) and solo standard (diamond 1) which is the highest I've ever been ranked in those playlists. So ranks definitely need to settle, but it still feels good.

Waiting to do the team-based playlists until I can actually play in a party on comms.
sdc177
AG
sdc177 said:

I (R. C. Slocum) added you on Steam, Forum Troll. I'll look for you!

Oops. I am a frequent name changer. It was "Honky Muffins" earlier today but I just changed it back to "R. C. Slocum" so sorry for any confusion.
Halibut
AG
Welp. I've lost 6-7 duels in a row and it hasn't even been competitive (like Bra7i1s every game). Looks like the ranks are self-correcting pretty fast.

Edit: managed do do this in ranked duels, so not all is lost.

Rule Number 32
AG
I did my placement matches today for solo standard. Started off 1-1, then rattled off 8 straight wins. I was getting excited thinking maybe I would be placed high gold or maybe even plat 1. I was playing against some high rated gold players in my last couple of games and did well.

After my tenth game, going 9-1 to place, I ended up in.... Drumroll please... Silver 1? Giant WTF

Finished last season in silver 1 so that was confusing to me. They said if you went 5-5 you should end up in the same bracket.

In 1s I finished last season at silver 2 after bouncing between silver 1 and gold 1 all season. Went 7-3 in placement matches and got put in silver 3. I really don't understand how those work at all.
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Did my solo standard and doubles placement matches on pc.

I think I won 8/10 in both and got diamond 3 in solo standard (have since fallen to diamond 2) and champ in doubles.

Ranks definitely have not sorted themselves out yet though. A lot of the doubles games against diamond 3/champs I was winning by 3-5 goals with random teammates, which is something that generally not happen. Maybe I just hit the teammate jackpot, who knows.

Hoping I will get into a ranked doubles game against mikalandrewg sometime soon for an easy win.

Thriller
AG
Won 3/10 in doubles. Ended up Bronze 3 DII. Still whiffing too much.
Halibut
AG
I'm convinced that placement matches mean nothing. I lost every single doubles placement match (some with randos and some on a team with comms) and it put me in Plat 3 - Div 4, which was basically where I ended last season.

In other news, does it feel like the hit boxes changed to anyone else? Before, I could never get power with the Octane, and now every other shot is a 75 mph boomer. I still have piss poor accuracy though.
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
I feel like placements are ranking us like they did with the rank re calibration in season 3. We will be able to get a "higher" level, but it will be against the same people we were playing last season.

My prediction: Season 6 GC tag will attract the same type of comments as the Season 3 GC tag did from people like Lefty who didn't quite make GC.... "It was so easy, they were practically giving them out."

#ShotsFired #NeverForget #Hashbrown
FormerLefty
AG
That's my cue.... The season 3 GC tag was basically a participation trophy for you millennials.
Forum Troll
AG
I played some 2v2 with sdc177 over the weekend after playing only 3v3 since i got this game 2 weeks ago. Doubles is a totally different game. Much less frantic than low level standard. I obviously suck as a low level silver player but it was fun playing with and against some better competition.
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Get off my lawn!
Michael78
I just have no motivation to queue with these ranks all jacked up. Instead I end up playing 6 mans with booty and some other tamu guys and get my butt handed to me.
John Beckwith
AG
Congrats to the A&M guys

https://rocket-league.com/news/collegiate-rocket-league-conference-power-rankings-1
Forum Troll
AG
Won a bunch of 3v3 standards last night, probably 7 or 8 in a row. Went up to silver 3 division 4, then promptly lost 2 or 3 games in a row and lost silver 3 just like that. Seems like ranking up requires many more wins than ranking down does with loses. As I moved through silver I've seen much less whiffing from myself and teammates which is the biggest thing. There are still some tards that hit the ball just to hit it and will "clear" the ball right into a shooting lane for the opponent but they are getting less frequent.
Halibut
AG
One day I'll hit one of these in a real game.

theNetSmith
AG
I don't know how you went from falling upside down -- below the ball -- to "jumping up" to hit the ball, but that was bad-ass. And no, you probably won't ever hit one of those in a game.
Halibut
AG
Wayprotein hit 2 of these over me and lefty about a week ago.

But I'm no wayprotein.
Michael78
Went to the Dallas Open LAN yesterday and had a blast. I was picked up as a last minute third with Joro and JOHN1138 when their teammate had to cancel suddenly. We got second place, losing 4-1 in a best of 7 to Myth Gaming (Gambit, Prem, Genocop). Despite that, it was an awesome time and still earned a good chunk of cash for 2nd place. Stream also had about 3,800 viewers during the finals.
Michael78
Try to get used to "falling" off the ceiling to save your flip. Once you get used to the motion you'll learn when you should fall to save your flip or when to jump off the ceiling. The motion is just kind of confusing at first. Once you get it, ceiling shots get pretty straightforward.

theNetSmith
AG
mikalandrewg said:

Went to the Dallas Open LAN yesterday and had a blast. I was picked up as a last minute third with Joro and JOHN1138 when their teammate had to cancel suddenly. We got second place, losing 4-1 in a best of 7 to Myth Gaming (Gambit, Prem, Genocop). Despite that, it was an awesome time and still earned a good chunk of cash for 2nd place.
I saw you online yesterday and almost invited you to join my party. I guess you might have been busy, tho.
Halibut
AG
Yeah, I've been practicing saving my flip for ceiling shots. I'm fairly consistent with getting the right height on the ball now, but I always screw up positioning my car while it's upside down.

(I posted that video because of the way I "calculated" the flip to close the distance and still get a touch on the ball.)

BTW, your dribble/flick pack is featured right now in custom training, and it's immensely useful.
theNetSmith
AG
I finally got my first Plat rank in Standard.

Believe it or not, Sean, I was sober for the last 5 placement games!
Michael78
theNetSmith
AG
Is there a schedule posted online somewhere with approximate match times? I'm assuming that most (all?) of your matches will be streamed via CRL (?) on Twitch and I'd like to spectate when possible.
sdc177
AG
theNetSmith said:

I finally got my first Plat rank in Standard.

Believe it or not, Sean, I was sober for the last 5 placement games!
Congrats, now don't play anymore Standard ranked!
theNetSmith
AG
Well, that's no fun.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.