Rocket League

171,812 Views | 1303 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
Xiuh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Finally got this. Xbox tag Xiuhcoatyl. Hopefully I don't have anymore ridiculous lag next time haha.
shertown04
AG
XBONE for me
Kampfers
AG
the hockey variant is now available on XB1

I plan to check it out tonight if anyone wants to get a game going.
Bryan98
AG
Some more great games last night!

I know some people really like the hockey variant, but for me Rocket League is just so perfectly dialed in that I didn't care for the changes. I can pretty much play the base game endlessly.
GarlandAg2012
AG
I find the regular game more fun than the hockey, but it was entertaining for a few minutes just for a change of pace.
Pman17
AG
Some highlights from last night. Mostly my scores, but some fun stuff.

Buck O Five
AG
Not sure how you play with that camera angle.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Not sure how you play with that camera angle.
I can't play with the "ball cam", so I'm with Pman on that one! Now I do switch to ball cam plenty of times during the match, but when it comes to lining up shots I've found that I lose depth perception with ball cam. I'd say 80% of the time I'm using the car trailing cam.

I'm trying to get more use to the ball cam so I can use it a bit more, but the car trailing cam is definitely beneficial when it's time to race down field, collect some quick turbo boosts, and get to the right spot ahead of the ball. It's not always a good thing to constantly watch the ball.
Bryan98
AG
I use Ball Cam the vast majority of the time, and mainly just click it off to make sure I'm bee-lining to my eventual destination - usually my team's goal if I'm getting back on defense, or picking up boost.
Pman17
AG
How do you keep the Ball Cam constant? Could never figure that out on the Xbox One version.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
How do you keep the Ball Cam constant? Could never figure that out on the Xbox One version.
The button that turns it on is a toggle. I wouldn't know how to do it temporarily. It even stays toggled through multiple games and different days.
aggietony2010
AG
quote:

I think there is something called "ball cam lock" in the camera options.
Agmaniacmike12
quote:
Some highlights from last night. Mostly my scores, but some fun stuff.

That confused goalie was a hoot. That 10 minute overtime last night was intense.
jr15aggie
AG
This game is insane!!! Group of XB1 players went from 0-9 in one game to 8--0 in another. Sometimes it's luck... sometimes it's whether or not you are hot... and sometimes it's mad skills. Either way, crazy game and I right now I can't quit it!
Average Joe
AG
Damn y'all. Now I'm hooked.

xbone: AverageJoeAg
Predmid
AG
is there cross play between steam/xbox?
Buck O Five
AG
From what i jave read, no, but they are working kn that.
jr15aggie
AG
I'd rather only play the xbox brothers/sisters that have only had the game for a week or so now... no thanks playing master race PC vets... no thanks at all!
Predmid
AG
Oh, i'm still **** at the game. I like to play defense/enforcer, so I just run around knocking the other team off the ball more than trying to score. I don't have a good score line, points wise, but I like to think I make a difference in other ways.
Buck O Five
AG
Speaking of, there must be an algorithm to determine matching the skill level of players in unranked match play. I have plateaud, but keep getting put against really talented players. Maybe losing a bunch of games will help.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
From what i jave read, no, but they are working kn that.
Are they? It already exists with PC and PS4, but everything I've heard is that it won't happen with the Xbox.

I'm fine with either, personally.
FormerLefty
AG
Who has their Rocket League Championship Series teams ready to go?! Anybody else registering to play in this?

http://www.rocketleagueesports.com/
sdc177
AG
Get it on PC for $9.60:

http://slickdeals.net/f/8552857-pc-digital-download-rocket-league-9-60
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
This is the only game that has caused me to jump out of my seat since Dead Space 3.
Halibut
AG
It's a hell of a game. I've been playing at least once a week since it came out on the PS4. I think I've got somewhere around 1500 games under my belt.
GarlandAg2012
AG
My buddy Matt is streaming us in RL tonight. Feel free to watch/follow if you want!

https://www.twitch.tv/mshubes
shertown04
AG
http://gamerant.com/rocket-league-basketball/
Agmaniacmike12
Yes please.
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Got this yesterday. On the PS4 if anyone wants to play. BootySmack00
Buck O Five
AG
I recommend consistently beating the "pro" bots before jumping online.
shertown04
AG
I'd say do some training to get timing down. Maybe a few practice matches against bots and then jump into unranked games online. Bots don't help you learn the teamwork of centering and reading where humans are more likely to take the chances. There are plenty of people online that like to hit the ball the wrong direction or whiff on a clear instead of waiting for the save so there's no harm in playing unranked games online. I nearly won a 3v1 after my teammates left a ranked match and I'm not that great.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Working with real people is definitely the skill to master. Way too many players cluster around the ball instead of thinking strategically and spreading out.
FightinAggie07
AG
Just sent out a bunch of friend requests. I'm TxAgFTW on PSN.
AGinHI
AG
Updated

If I left you off the front page leave a reply.
wee_ag
AG
FYI - Microsoft bringing cross platform play for Xbox, Windows 10 and PS4 starting with Rocket League

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/03/14/idxbox-introduces-cross-network-play-for-the-first-time

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.