Rocket League

171,806 Views | 1303 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
Michael78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.rocketleague.com/news/league-play-begins-for-collegiate-rocket-league/

Here is the broadcast info. We will be streamed playing LSU (23rd) and Texas (30th) this month. Those are the only official streams and we decided not to stream our games to give free footage to opponents and reduce my PC performance in game. Right now our streamed games are scheduled at 7:00 on Mondays for both of those, but we are working on changing those since Wlil has labs those nights.
theNetSmith
AG
I was hoping for something a little more specific about TAMU's dates/times. The organizers must communicate with you the estimated start times for your matches, right? Could you give us as much advance notice as possible on this thread regarding your matches? I seem to always find out after the fact and wish I could have watched live.
Tophat266
According to this, we play at 5 PST on the 23rd for the first game. I know nothing about the second game. https://tespa.org/news/21042412/the-collegiate-rocket-leagues-conferences-kick-off-today
Michael78
Like Tophat said above. Those dates are set in stone. Usually when we're posting here last minute it because its a community-run stream or something, but this one is going to be run by some of the RLCS people so they've already scheduled our games.

Monday, October 23rd, 7:00PM vs. LSU
Monday, October 30th, 7:00PM vs. UT

Live @ twitch.tv/RLEsports

Just note that we are trying to change those times since 1 of our players will be at lab. I'll update if it changes.
shertown04
AG
After getting stuck at Gold 3 Div 4 a few times in the last couple of seasons I was excited to jump right into Plat 2 until I realized everyone (at least us scrubs) got a bump in rankings and that I now have to be Diamond to get Plat rewards. Seriously?! Please tell me I'm misinterpreting it because it doesn't look like it.
Michael78
Misinterpretation. You do not have to ve diamond to get plat rewards, they haven't changed the system at all. The layout just looks confusing.
shertown04
AG
Good because it confused me. They changed it up a little from last season. I've got the plat rewards now. I'll never hit diamond, haha
Forum Troll
AG
So I'm stuck in silver 2/3 in 2v2 and standard, but somehow made it to plat 2 in solo standard and even played several games so far. Some games I seem to fit in just fine and other games I'm way outclassed. I'd like to get gold rewards for the season before I get downgraded and so far I have 5/12 needed wins. I don't think I'll be able to stay in plat long enough for 12 wins but who knows. Some of the plat games are as a bad as silver games with whiffing and bad positioning.
Halibut
AG
Anyone thinking about going to the RLCS world championship?
Rule Number 32
AG
So I opened up my very first ever crate last night. I'm usually much more into just collecting things and trading around keys and items rather than gambling on crates.

I got the vampire bats. Pretty excited as thats the only item (other than painted grimalkins but thats quite a bit more rare) that I even wanted out of the crate. I can't stand the new reaper animation - and everyone seems to be using it. Meanwhile I havent seen a single person running the vampire bats yet.
FightinAggie07
AG
I saw a few people with the bats earlier today, but I LOVE the reaper. Personal preference I guess. I'm excited to open one of the Halloween crates because my regular crates have yet to yield a goal explosion animation.
tlepoC
AG
You have to pay money to open creates, right? I have at least 30-40 just sitting there.
Forum Troll
AG
The reaper is horrible. Whoever invented dabbing can go die in a fire.
FormerLefty
AG
Aggierific said:

You have to pay money to open creates, right? I have at least 30-40 just sitting there.

For the most part, yes. You have to buy keys to open the crates. The only other option is using the new decryptors Psyonix is offerings during the limited events. You are limited to only 3 decryptors and the items you open with them are not tradeable.
Michael78
Tophat266
Hey guys we play our biggest rival LSU tomorrow (Monday) at 7 CST on https://twitch.tv/rlesports . We'd really appreciate the support y'all can give us as this game has huge implications on playoff seeding! Hope to see you in twitch chat!
Michael78
^^^^^^^^^

I'm Wayprotein and I approve this message
theNetSmith
AG
Tophat266 said:

Hey guys we play our biggest rival LSU tomorrow (Monday) at 7 CST on https://twitch.tv/rlesports . We'd really appreciate the support y'all can give us as this game has huge implications on playoff seeding! Hope to see you in twitch chat!
but are you THEIR biggest rival?
Michael78

Nerves starting to kick in!
A is A
AG
Good game to the A&M squad. Tough fight against LSU going to OT in game 5.
Rule Number 32
AG
Was busy last night so I wasn't able to watch, but looks like you guys were really close. Good effort! When's the next game?
Michael78
In classic TAMU fashion, we gave yall hope and then crumbled. We fell 3-2 to LSU in overtime of game 5. Such a close series and lots of really tangible mistakes for us to work on.

We're back again next week at 7 CT against Texas University!
A is A
AG
Hard fought, great match.

BTHO tu
theNetSmith
AG
I was a little worried after game 1, but then y'all opened up a can of Aggie whoop ass on em in game 2! That was a very entertaining and hard fought match between 2 very competitive teams. Average Player is a great addition to the team!
Michael78
We're back in action tonight at 7 against UT tu!

twitch.tv/rlesports

You'll also have the "esports" button on in game you can just click on that.
theNetSmith
AG
mikalandrewg said:

We're back in action tonight at 7 against UT!
Do the Vols have a good team?
Michael78
Fixed

and we're better than both anyway
theNetSmith
AG
I want to play some more unranked with you young whippersnappers again soon. Last time, I felt like you really elevated my game - helping me focus more on rotation and positioning, not to mention inspiring me to think outside the box a bit. Let me know if you see me online and need a 3rd (when you feel like just horsing around and are in the mood to have patience).

Been curious, as well, how you came up with the name wayprotein.
Tophat266
Sorry for the late post guys but we are live right now against texas on https://go.twitch.tv/rlesports
Halibut
AG
Great win over the sips, guys! You made it look easy.
Michael78
Thanks yall! Literally one of my most off-nights I've ever had but we were solid enough that it didn't matter. We have an insane difficult qualifying match against UNT now about 2 weeks away.
Michael78
Yeah I'd be more than happy to! It's "wee_ag" right or is that someone else? sorry. My playstyle is built around bringing the best out of my teammates so it's nice to hear that actually works haha.

As far as the name goes, I told my friends I had thought of a funny name "whey protein but whey is spelled wrong". That's said "That sounds ******* stupid". So I paid $10 to change my Xbox name to that.
Gregg Papivich
Anyone else get bored sometimes since literally every map is the same cookie cutter rectangle... they should have kept Tokyo, starbase and wasteland instead of catered to the dorks who complained about them
FightinAggie07
AG
I didn't mind old Tokyo, but in general I am happy with the recent updates. Starbase was awful before.
Halibut
AG
I liked the old Neo Tokyo, Wasteland, and Starbase Arc maps. I understand why Psyonix standardized them, but I always thought those maps were fun and a good change of pace. Each one forced you to change your tactics a little.

I think Starbase looks ugly now. It looked good before because it was wide open, so all those chunky grey and blue details fit with its proportions. But now that it's smaller, it just looks crowded and bland. Wasteland also feels a bit cramped now, but it's not as bad as Starbase.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.