Rocket League

171,809 Views | 1303 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
Prophet00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've remapped my controller to almost exactly yours for about 6 months. Makes a huge difference.

The only thing I haven't done is map boost to R1. I still have it at circle, and I reach across to boost + power slide as needed. Certainly not the most comfortable position, but it's worked. How uncomfortable was moving boost to R1, compared to air roll to L2?
Halibut
AG
Boost to R1 was a little easier than air roll to L2. But I think that was mostly because I didn't bother too much with air roll until I made the switch, so I was learning the controller change along with the mechanic.

The only thing tricky about boost to R1 was using 2 fingers for the 2 shoulder buttons. Previously I only used my index finger and swapped between R1 and R2 as needed. (This is one reason why moving drift and air roll to L1 is proving difficult for me. I still only use my index finger on my left hand.)
theNetSmith
AG
My first uploaded capture... not very professional looking... but I thought this was a rewarding (and funny) face-off goal worth sharing...

full size
AgSportsFan89
AG
You guys having serious lag issues since the update?
Halibut
AG
Once I'm in a game everything is fine. Joining (and others joining) causes big spikes.

The other big issue I've noticed is that they seem to be blocking the rendering thread when you queue for a game or when a game ends. That 1-2 seconds where it's just totally unresponsive and it feels like the game is about to lock up.

Both of these issues (actual network lag, and unresponsive UI) happened in previous updates too, but it's way worse now. PS4 here FWIW.
Dread Pirate Roberts
I know I'm extremely late to this, but I just got an xbox one and picked up this game and I love it. After only a few days of playing, its one of my favorite games.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Anyone watching the RLCS games today?
NRG is about to play Envy

https://www.twitch.tv/rocketleague
Halibut
AG
I had it on in the background all weekend and tuned in for certain matches. That was an unbelievable grand finals.
Pman17
AG
Event tomorrow
johnnyblaze36
AG
Squishy Muffinz just put out this new montage a few hours ago. pure insanity.

HECUBUS
AG
Averagecorn71(son of HECUBUS)

But he just got his xbox last week.
Halibut
AG
I can do pretty much all of the things shown in the "opponent's perspective" clips.
johnnyblaze36
AG
Halibut said:

I can do pretty much all of the things shown in the "opponent's perspective" clips.
LOL. Same.
Halibut
AG
And I'm a beast in free play. I should make a zero subscriber free play montage.
Halibut
AG
Okay, putting my money where my mouth is. This is all 7 clips that I've captured from free play during my Rocket League playing days. Ordered from least to most impressive.

(This was such a dumb waste of time.)

johnnyblaze36
AG
Well I for one found it very entertaining and will never be able to come close to doing anything you just did.
theNetSmith
AG
I know I'm not great or anything -- currently Gold II in doubles -- but I just had one of the best ranked matches ever (for me). Here are 2 of my goals:

"Give and Go" with opponent:

Wall pinch and score:
sdc177
AG
theNetSmith said:

I know I'm not great or anything -- currently Gold II in doubles -- but I just had one of the best ranked matches ever (for me). Here are 2 of my goals:

"Give and Go" with opponent:

Wall pinch and score:

How much do you charge for lessons, sir?
theNetSmith
AG
I've seen you play. You can't afford me, Sean.
sdc177
AG
theNetSmith said:

I've seen you play. You can't afford me, Sean.

Fine, I will train hard, achieve Gold II and find you in a ranked match to crush you.
theNetSmith
AG
Ok.
Pman17
AG
Rocket Pass out. Costs 10 keys
theNetSmith
AG
Pman17 said:

Rocket Pass out. Costs 10 keys
Just read about it on the Rocket League website and saw the premium items, and I just have one thing to say...

Pman17
AG
I made a Texas Aggies Rocket League Club for Xbox. I'm not sure if names are unique so I claimed it. The only way to invite to clubs is have people join your party. I think there's a 20 person limit. We could possibly make several tiers of Texas Aggies clubs for top players and casual players.
theNetSmith
AG
"Clubs" are now part of the game? How does that work?
theNetSmith
AG
And Pman... were you involved with the Marooncraft build a few years ago? Your name seems familiar...
Halibut
AG
Rocket Pass is neat. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get everything by the time it ends though. If you get the premium pass, you get a 50% XP boost, so that will help a little.

In other news, I managed to do this the other day. (Other team's last defender got way out of position, but I'll still take it.)

johnnyblaze36
AG
That was awesome. I think it was you that my cousin Chad said he played with recently and that y'all went on a tear.
Pman17
AG
theNetSmith said:

And Pman... were you involved with the Marooncraft build a few years ago? Your name seems familiar...

Yea, I made those videos.
Pman17
AG
theNetSmith said:

"Clubs" are now part of the game? How does that work?

Yea, I don't think the names are limited so anyone can make a Texas Aggies club. I don't play much on the Xbox. More on Switch. There's an option in the menu to create a club with a 4 letter tag, ex. [TXAG] Pman. If you have a majority club on a team during a game, instead it saying Orange or Blue Wins, it'll say what club wins. The only way to invite people to your club is if they join your party and then you invite them. But I wonder if the invite system will change once they get Rocket ID out.
Pman17
AG
Progressing through Rocket Pass, yea it's a lot of Tiers to progress. I don't think I'll make it to the end either, but there are XP boosts along the way and XP boosts if you're in a party. Having a win streak helps as you get 200% XP Boost along with your 50% boost and any other add on Tier Boosts.
Halibut
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

That was awesome. I think it was you that my cousin Chad said he played with recently and that y'all went on a tear.
Yeah, we went like 12-1 and I hit champ in 2s again. It was fun.
Vade281
AG
Did anyone make a PC Clan?
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
****ing Chad
theNetSmith
AG
Pman17 said:

theNetSmith said:

Yea, I made those videos.
Oh, yeah! Loved the one that started off on approach to the Administration building (built by me!)!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.