Rocket League

174,700 Views | 1303 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
Laser Wolf
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm permanently stuck in bronze III in this game.
aggiebq03+
I feel your pain. Right there with you.
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Anyone on PS4 or PC right now up for some private 2s or 3s?
Pman17
AG
RocketID Update Delayed Again till next major update whenever that is
AgSportsFan89
AG
My buddies and I had not played for months due to multiple reasons. Played last night and wow did I really feel rusty. Were there any mechanics changes in the last update, or was it just the rust?
Halibut
AG
There was an update a couple weeks ago that affected dribbling, but it was hotfixed within about a day. I don't think anything else has changed with the physics (or at least nothing that has been noticed by Reddit).
shertown04
AG
I've tried playing ranked Rumble and it's a mix of hilarious and enfuritating. I know that's how it's always been and it's a little annoying to have people just dismiss actually hitting the ball to go for the rumble goal but I had the worst teammates. I ended up Silver 2 but finally after a night of working on it I'm up to Plat 1 which isn't great by any means but it's better. Gotta get back to regular modes soon though before any skills I do have disappear. Anyone have an Xbone club and is active? Won't be playing as much the rest of this week since my car broke down and I need to get it working but I usually play a little after 10 most nights.
AggieChemE09
AG
I played some rumble last night. Got matched up with a team of 3 grandmasters a few games in a row. I don't know what gave the MatchMaking system the idea that the match would be competitive.... but it wasn't. I am a Diamond 2 and we didn't score once on them.
Vade281
AG
I started a TXAG club on PC, but we only have two people lol.
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
sdc177
AG
jr281 said:

I started a TXAG club on PC, but we only have two people lol.

I'll join next time I'm on!

Steam: Coach_Fran
Vade281
AG
Sounds good. I think we're already friends too.
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Halibut
AG
I haven't played any of the normal modes since ranked sports came out.

I never really played snow day before, but it's pretty fun. Puck physics are kind of wonky, but satisfying when you get a weird dribble or ground pinch. On offense you have a lot of control over the puck since it almost never leaves the ground, and on defense you can't really correct your position with a dodge/flip, so it leads to some really good/dumb fakes.

I've played some dropshot, but it's really frustrating while the ranks are being sorted out. If the other team is in a party, it's pretty much over. You can count on at least one of your teammates being way over their head, while all of your opponents will be relatively competent. I had multiple games where a teammate failed to score a single point. Not their fault... but those games aren't fun for anyone, so I've been waiting for matchmaking to stabilize before I drop back into that mode.

I only played a little bit of hoops and rumble because of my experience with dropshot. I'll probably dive in this week since (hopefully) the ranks have stabilized a bit.

No idea when I'll actually play the "real" modes again.
fav13andac1)c
AG
I'll be joining as well. It'll be great to have more Ags to play RL with
aggiebq03+
Finally made it out of Bronze with the new season. Ranked initially Silver in all but 2v2 and managed to stay there so far. Guess I'm at least not as terribad as I once was.

Anyone playing on Switch?
Vade281
AG
I play on switch every once in a while.. I'm trying not to play that much until they have the whole cross progression figured out.

I'm on most nights playing something on steam...just shoot me a message and I can hop on RL to invite to the clan.
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
aggiebq03+
So after playing on a family golf trip with a cousin who it turns out is really good, he recommended I change to PC. Said I seemed decent and it was likely I'd do better on PC than console (especially a Switch). No PC at our house currently so downloaded via Steam on our 2015 iMac with 5k display (60Hz). What a difference indeed!

Since I had to set up a new account I had to start from scratch. Out of the gate was Gold III in Standard and Solo Standard. Made it to Plat I earlier today. In the air is still rough but striking on the ground is so much better on the iMac vs Switch.

Still came out of the gate Bronze in Doubles, lol.

If anyone is running a Club I'm on Steam now: aggiebq03. Can't say I'll be a big help, and have nothing to trade since I earned all my Rocket Pass stuff on Switch, but I won't spam you with "nice save!"

And now to start dreaming for a 144Hz 27" 1440p setup...
kid2will
SneakyTex on Steam.

Last season I was diamond 2. Haven't played much this season due to Black Ops 4.
Switching up my controls will put me back a bit, hopefully it's worth it.
Halibut
AG
I play on my laptop occasionally, but it's wireless, so I feel like the improvement in smoothness/control is negated by the network latency/occasional lag spikes.

However, I recently made the change on my PS4 Pro to disable VSync and it's made a pretty big difference in how controls feel. I had tried disabling vsync in the past, but it made the display stutter, and the screen tearing was unbearable. But after forcing the game to restart, I barely notice the stuttering now, and my control feels so much better.

Got a couple of highlights since the new season started:

Pretty happy anytime I have chemistry with teammates in solo standard:

Couple of aerial plays that punish defensive mistakes

Coby
AG
I'm bumping this thread because I'm obsessed. I play on PC as cobizzle.

I'm almost to 500 hours and I started playing early in 2018 I believe. I played the prequel (SARP) on PS3 but never ever played online because people could aerial and I could not.

Last rank I hit was I think plat 2. I hardly ever play ranked though. I've mostly been working on mechanics and all of that fun stuff while trying to find people to play with. I love passing but it's hard to get that type of coordination in the lower ranks unless I've got a teammate.

If anyone still plays and doesn't mind a relative noob like me then feel free to add or shoot me a message or whatever.

I am pretty dedicated to getting better mechanically and I think I'm going to start the free mechanics course that JakeRL (used to play for the OCE RLCS team the Chiefs) is doing in his discord (https://discordapp.com/invite/GKYAGsF). I can do pretty well keeping the ball on my car and occasionally pull off a flick. Decent at aerials and I've recently started adding air rolls. I'm average at wave dashing and maybe have like a 50% hit rate on my half flips.

I also read this thread many months ago and took much of the advice. Especially the control binding talk. But then I started experimenting and decided I'd go a pretty radical direction. I got some controllers with paddles, but to make a short story long I ended up going back to the PS4 controller. I'm still pretty radical though. I unbound camera swivel from the right stick and I use the right stick L/R for air rolling each direction, and I made up and down accelerate and reverse. So I control the car entirely with the thumbsticks. Boost is R2, Powerslide L2. Jump L1 (easy transition from bumper jumper shooters). Ball cam R1. Face buttons are camera swivels. I claw my index finger if I want to move camera. I used to love boost on R1, but figured it made more sense to control all camera with one finger.

It does cause a bit of an issue as I tend to hold R2, but I'm getting better at controlling that.

tl;dr: I suck but I don't suck that bad. Plz play with me and maybe tell me how I can get better because this game is still very fun
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Making plans with Formerlefty to get some games in tonight if anyone wants to be our third and play some standard. Would also be fun to get some private matches going with some Texags folks. If we get a couple people wanting to play a private match, I will post the lobby name and password on here so others can join.

Halibut, it has been a minute since we played together. If you see this, get your ass online tonight.

<3 BootySmack00
FormerLefty
AG
I'm in.
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Rather than having to check texags, here is a discord server I made for texags rocket league. Join chat on there if you are want to get in some games!

https://discord.gg/2QDUzPH

Halibut
AG
Sorry guys. Wasn't available last night. I'll keep an eye on discord for next time.
Vade281
AG
I joined!
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
FormerLefty
AG
Just in time for cross platform parties
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Should be on some tonight. Jump on discord or add me on ps4 if anyone wants to play.

Edit: I will be on BootySmack01 on PS4
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Cross platform parties update is today!
Pman17
AG
Add Me! (Nintendo Switch)
PmanSW#5088
theNetSmith
AG
cobizzle, I'm also a PC/Steam RL player of high gold / low plat rank. I will send you a Steam friend request next time I'm at home and remember to look at this thread.
aggiebq03+
Low-mid Gold in 2s and low Plat in 3s here who can occasionally play a bit better. Play on Steam as aggiebq03, and Rocket ID is aggiebq03#4012. On in the evening several times a week for at least a little while. Will try to join the Discord link that was posted if I can figure that whole thing out (man I feel so old sometimes).
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
I added you. My RocketID is Bsmack00#2043
theNetSmith
AG
I'm RLID: NiZaNoSa#4802

And I'm friendly... unless **** gets real
theNetSmith
AG
I sent invites to Pman and Bsmack00#2043... apparently, I'm already friends with aggiebq...
theNetSmith
AG
Pman, we worked on MaroonCraft together...
Vade281
AG
I'm down to play. I'm gold/platinum level as far as skills. Vade281 on Steam...I'll have to figure out my rocket league IDs for PC/Switch/PS4.
www.twitch.tv/vade281_

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.