Rocket League

171,814 Views | 1303 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
FormerLefty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Halibut
AG
Gregg Papivich said:

Thriller said:

Just a completely different game than what I'm playing.

I think I can take Halibutt down
Nice Shot!
Nice Shot!
Nice Shot!
chat disabled for 2 seconds
1v1 me bro
Halibut
AG
Hopefully it's not too disheartening to the folks who have just started with this game, but there are probably a dozen people on this board who can make better/flashier plays than the ones I posted. It's just a matter of time/experience with the game.

I never thought I'd be able to hit aerials like these either. Keep playing and you'll get better.
Michael78
Hit this last night

Better quality:

Halibut I see a lot of improvement just in the clips you've been posting. Your air rolls are solid and it seems like you have gotten much more comfortable in the air.
Michael78
Texas A&M Rocket League is hosting a $50 2v2 tournament this Sunday. I'll post more info as it is finalized just wanted to let yall know and encourage you guys to signup once we get a link running!
Michael78
Also sorry to spam, but I've been away for a while.

We just completed try-outs this past weekend.

This team (as well as our B and C team) will be competing for their share of a $50,000 prize pool for the Collegiate Rocket League season.
Halibut
AG
Hey, thanks man. I'm not super consistent with getting power and accuracy on my aerials (still hit them too low a lot of the time), but I was playing well that weekend.

I've been training on your air roll aerials pack so that's helping with the consistency. Highly recommended for anyone else out there who wants to practice aerial control.

BTW, that double touch ceiling shot was pretty sick. If I was your opponent I wouldn't even be mad.
ashleyschaeffer
I had no idea what this was this game was until I sat down with my 8 year old. Tons of fun to play.

That's it, that's all I got.
Michael78
lol, I thought the game would be extremely silly until I played it for myself.
Michael78
Alright we got the details worked out. Would love to see some TexAgs folks!

Texas A&M Rocket League $60 2v2 Tournament
Sunday, September 10th 2:00 PM CST

We are very excited to host the first of our monthly Rocket League tournaments! This month we are doing a 2v2 format, and will be broadcasted on the Texas A&M Esports twitch channel.

Information
- Team size: 2
- On-line tournament, not in person
- Enter with a designated teammate or let us match you with one
- Double elimination
- At least one team member must be a member of the TAMU RL Discord (https://discord.gg/sABmbGv)
- At least one member of each team must be a TAMU student or alumni
- Members of the Texas A&M A team can only team up with players ranked diamond or below
- Platform: PC and PS4
- Prize: $40 1st place team | $20 2nd place team

Discord: https://discord.gg/sABmbGv
Twitch: twitch.tv/tamuesports

Sign-up:
https://goo.gl/forms/4Iob81mfg0FZdR2t1

If you have any questions, contact myself or Tophat!

Thanks!
Halibut
AG

Unfortunately I have to pass this Sunday. But I hope you guys have a great time!
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
If this is a Merc only tournament, I am in.
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Unrelated, do yall have any Texas A&M RL shirts you are selling or have plans to sell? I would imagine there could be issues there with RL, but I also imagine those could be easily worked around.

Beattu13
delete
Michael78
No shirts planned. I'm worried we wouldn't have to interest to sell any just yet (we're at about 50 student members, maybe 15-20 are active). There are issues with the RL logo and the TAMU logo. Essentially we'd have to make a knockoff of both. Like instead of "TAMU Esports" it would have to be "Esports at TAMU".

We've needed to get a club logo for a while, once we have that making shirts will be pretty easy. Those would make really good tournament prizes too.
sdc177
AG
I would be interested but don't feel like burning $30.

Steam name: R. C. Slocum
Halibut
AG
Okay, I'm not proposing art theft or anything, but this would be pretty sweet on a T-shirt. (Someone with photoshop skills please combine this with the wolves/Revs howling at the moon picture.)

Maybe put a TAMU on there somewhere, but we all know it stands for Texas Aerial Mechanics University.
Halibut
AG
Got a painted x-devil. Think I'll keep playing it for a while.

Good look in the tourney today, guys!
Michael78
We're about to go live with the first TAMU Esports Local Rocket League tournament!

Stream: Twitch.tv/tamuesports
Bracket: http://challonge.com/tamu1
Format: Double Elimination, Best of 3 until finals (bo5)
Rule Number 32
AG
Had fun watching the tourney yesterday. D00dy and Beefy are friends of mine, I thought they did us old guys proud for sure. Looking forward to the next tourney. After watching their first couple of matches, I might join up with a friend for the next tournament. We arent good but I think we could have given a couple of the teams a run for their money.

After seeing D00dy/Beefy get stomped in the finals of both brackets, it gives me a new level of appreciation for how good you guys are on the A&M team. Those two regularly stomp the rest of our group of friends by 5-10 goals, and seeing them lose all the matches by 5-6 at the top level was eye-opening.

Overall though, they kicked a lot more ass than we all thought they would, and they are going to sign up for the next tourney assuming there is one.
Tophat266
Oh yeah this was the first of many tournaments to come. I'm so excited for everything else we have in store for y'all this year! Stay tuned for more tournament fun. Plus we have CRL qualifiers and more CCA tournaments coming up for the A&M teams which should be a lot of fun

On a side note I was sad to see FormerLefty and Bootysmack couldn't make this tournament. Woulda been a lot more fun with y'all
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
Sorry, wish we could have made it. Lefty ended up not being able to play and then I forgot to let someone know we wouldn't be participating... my bad!

Hopefully we can play in the next one
FormerLefty
AG
We really wanted to play this weekend. It was my fault, I forgot I had family in town and they didn't buy my reasoning for playing in a RL tourney instead of spending time with them.
FormerLefty
AG
I even tried to convince them to just watch on twitch.
jeffk
AG
Just got this one this weekend - XBL: Keester11. I'm so bad, but this is so much fun.
FormerLefty
AG
Welcome. What system do you play on?
jeffk
AG
Xbox, sorry!
Gregg Papivich
jeffk said:

Just got this one this weekend - XBL: Keester11. I'm so bad, but this is so much fun.

I can play some later keester, as far as Xbox guys it's usually me, shertown, and mike on RL but I think we might have lost mike to Destiny 2 for a while
Michael78
Really appreciating you tuning in! I was definitely really impressed with beefy and doody, I wasn't expecting much but they totally blew me away and we were stoked to have them. Hopefully we can get more TexAgs folks at the next one. We have gotten positive feedback all around so we're looking forward to doing it again.

To your point about the skill of the teams, Nereh and Kyle (both a part of our B team) really showed up. It was awesome to see them play together so well. I set a rule in place where members of our A team such as Wlil could only compete with a diamond rank or below, so trust me there is another level beyond even what we saw on Sunday!
Michael78
Hey guys, we finally moved our TAMU RL Discord away from the shared one with an old friend's club. We have our own Discord now and would love to have you if you ever wanna hop in to our 6 mans or get coached or just keep up to date.

Here is the link:
https://discord.gg/mhvKPcR

*We also have a special role for alumni

In other news, the new update look so dope. But now I'm seriously worried I won't get GC in time.
theNetSmith
AG
mikalandrewg said:

Hey guys, we finally moved our TAMU RL Discord away from the shared one with an old friend's club. We have our own Discord now and would love to have you if you ever wanna hop in to our 6 mans or get coached or just keep up to date.

Here is the link:
https://discord.gg/mhvKPcR

*We also have a special role for alumni OLDs

In other news, the new update look so dope. But now I'm seriously worried I won't get GC in time.
Rule Number 32
AG
Well, I've always wondered how people get scammed in Rocket League and now I know. Sad day.

Lost my slipstream, helios, and a red unicorn horn trading for a white endo, which turned out to be grey. Why on earth does psyonix allow grey and white items to look so similar in the tiny window? I knew I was probably getting a little bit of the better side of that deal but oh well.

ugh, so dumb. i really dont know why their system is literally encouraging hackers. It's so frustrating.

EDIT:

so I just learned about the button in the trade window to show colors. why on earth is that not an option that is auto selected? I am such an idiot. I feel bad as that item was a gift. Looks like I am going to spend the money to buy it back, and count that as my pennance for being a dummy. Lesson learned. Hopefully someone else can learn from my idiocy.
Rule Number 32
AG
johnnyblaze36
AG
Just reading about the tourney and thought to myself "I bet FormerLefty won the thing" but see he couldn't play. I've got 27 days straight of serious practicing to attend to now!

Also sick shots by Halibut and mikalandrewg.
FormerLefty
AG
johnnyblaze36 said:

Just reading about the tourney and thought to myself "I bet FormerLefty won the thing" but see he couldn't play. I've got 27 days straight of serious practicing to attend to now!

Also sick shots by Halibut and mikalandrewg.

Lol. I can barely compete with some of these guys. They are GOOD.

Edit: not to mention, playing with Booty I'm basically 1v3.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.