Rocket League

174,784 Views | 1303 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've fallen to the basement of bronze in 3v3 solo competitive. I can't string enough wins to go up a division let alone silver. All the players here suck and I'm afriad I'm among them now. I even started in gold once I went competitive, I don't know what's happened to me.
Rule Number 32
AG
Hunter,

your post made me laugh because it is exactly my story with solo 3's. Started out in Silver 2 or 3 after my 10 matches, and slowly dropped all the way to Bronze 1 Div 1. I've found that every single match, if my team gets scored on first (no matter how quickly it happens), someone on my team either votes to forfeit, then just *****es and moans instead of playing if it fails, or they leave the game altogether.

I am not good at the game, at all, but I am not Bronze 1 div 1. I run silver in 2's, and I ended up gold 3 in the team 3's despite playing all my games there solo. It just cracks me up how different each set feels.
Agmaniacmike12
Rule Number 32 said:

Hunter,

your post made me laugh because it is exactly my story with solo 3's. Started out in Silver 2 or 3 after my 10 matches, and slowly dropped all the way to Bronze 1 Div 1. I've found that every single match, if my team gets scored on first (no matter how quickly it happens), someone on my team either votes to forfeit, then just *****es and moans instead of playing if it fails, or they leave the game altogether.

I am not good at the game, at all, but I am not Bronze 1 div 1. I run silver in 2's, and I ended up gold 3 in the team 3's despite playing all my games there solo. It just cracks me up how different each set feels.
I play with jraggie15 every now and then, and I'm always amazed that he is in the middle silver brackets. He is a much better player than his ranks indicate. I've been frustrated with the shoddy matchmaking in recent weeks.
Gregg Papivich
Agmaniacmike12 said:

Rule Number 32 said:

Hunter,

I play with jraggie15 every now and then, and I'm always amazed that he is in the middle silver brackets. He is a much better player than his ranks indicate. I've been frustrated with the shoddy matchmaking in recent weeks.

I'd get past Platinum 1 if it weren't for you scrubs
theNetSmith
AG
Agmaniacmike12 said:

Rule Number 32 said:

Hunter,

I feel the same way about NiZaNoSa. He is a much better player than his rank would indicate.
Gregg Papivich
Been playing a lot more lately on Xbox, up to plat2 division 4 on standard, same on doubles
jr15aggie
AG
Quote:

Appreciate the support. But screw this game!!!! I was almost to Gold... and the game went full ****** on me and I'm all the way back down to Silver II. Every single team for a 2 day period was really good. Not platinum good, but really good players that were fantastic on D. I lost 3 of 4 consistently for 2 straight days no matter what I did.

And at the end of it all my game totally went to crap too. I started pressing and trying to do too much and it all went to crap. Sucks. Gonna have to put it down for about a week and cool my jets. I was getting pissed those last few games!
wee_ag
AG
I've won one game in competitive.

Michael78
Texas A&M wins the TESPA CRL Summer Series

Thriller
AG
Congrats. It was fun watching the parts of that series I was able to catch.
Rule Number 32
AG
Congrats! I didn't realize that stuff was still going on. I've been tuning in here and there but I hadn't seen you guys playing in a while so I figured it was over. Thats awesome.
theNetSmith
AG
Suck it, 'sips!!!
Michael78
Thanks y'all. Excited to share the win. We're back in action this weekend for the $1,000 College Carball Playoffs on twitch.tv/collegecarball

Our Grand Champion "Wlil" is out on vacation this weekend, so we'll be playing with a sub. Looking forward to the fall semester when everyone will be able to get together, practice as a team and compete often. Also, there is supposed to be some big news from Psyonix for a much larger fall college league coming soon.

Exciting stuff. If there's anything we can do to help keep y'all in the loop just let us know, I really enjoy the group on this board. Tophat and myself are the TAMU RL President and VP, so we'll post about any events and tourneys that we are organizing too as those should be open to alumni.

In fact, our playoff team is looking for some scrimmages tonight if anyone is available to help us prepare for playoffs. Looking at around 9pm.
Whooooooooooooooop
AG
I would be happy play scrimmage yall tonight if you need some people to play. Lefty won't be on, so my teammate(s) won't be as terrible as last time we played.

Michael78
That would be great! Can we get 2 more?
FightinAggie07
AG
I could potentially be available on my "alt" account. I travel for work, and when I'm on the road I have a low level steam account I play around on. At home I'm on PS4.

TxAgFTW is my handle on both platforms.

I would guess I'd be free from 9 to 10 if y'all need bodies.

EDIT: Don't expect a skill set above low Platinum from me!
Michael78
Starting up rn, if you are available add wayprotein
Tophat266
Hi guys, we play in the cca championships this weekend. It's a double elimination tournament and our first game is against number 5 seed Iowa State at 2:30 CST. We have a game later today at an undetermined time as of now based on whether we win or lose. You can watch the series on https://www.twitch.tv/collegecarball
AGinHI
AG
mikalandrewg said:

Texas A&M wins the TESPA CRL Summer Series

That's awesome! Congrats!
AGinHI
AG
Tophat266 said:

Hi guys, we play in the cca championships this weekend. It's a double elimination tournament and our first game is against number 5 seed Iowa State at 2:30 CST. We have a game later today at an undetermined time as of now based on whether we win or lose. You can watch the series on https://www.twitch.tv/collegecarball
Watched y'all demolish ISU with my boys.
Tophat266
ayy. It was a fun series for us. Our next game is at 6 CST against number 1 overall seed Cal Poly. After that game we won't play until tomorrow.
Rule Number 32
AG
Tuning in. Good luck!
FormerLefty
AG
Halibut's half flip goal vid motivated me to work on my half flips since it was a weak spot in my game. Been working on it and pulled this play while playing with Booty today.

Tophat266
Our first game today is against 3 seed ucsd at 3:30. If we lose once we're out of the tournament. Tune in on twitch.tv/collegecarball
Johnson.21
AG
My Ride.
Reppin' the maroon and white.
Michael78
That car looks so sick man. I need to spend more time on fashion
Thriller
AG
Finally venturing out into the competitive realm. Just like most gam s there's a huge gap in skill. I've hurt done of my doubles partners for sure, but I was also surprised to see some truly dreadful players that sucked worse than me.

I find myself spending a lot of time on D and coming up to support as needed. Rarely was I the more aggressive player on my team as I finished up the 10 matches needed for ranking.
Gregg Papivich

Finally got f***ing diamond
Halibut
AG
Couple plays from this weekend.

This is the first time this clear has worked for me:

2 clutch aerials to send it to overtime (we won one of these and lost the other in OT):

Thriller
AG
Just a completely different game than what I'm playing.
Halibut
AG
I've played an embarrassing number of hours of this game.

(Also, I didn't record all the shots I whiffed.)
Dirty Mike and the Boys
AG
Thriller said:

Haha yeah, that's what I'm always thinking when I see his clips. Those aerials are insane, and I doubt I'll ever get to that level of skill.
theNetSmith
AG
When I go up for an aerial like that, I'm not thinking, "flip the car over backwards and smack it like a paddle with the hood"... I'm thinking, "make contact, please make contact".
wee_ag
AG
theNetSmith said:

When I go up for an aerial like that, I'm not thinking, "flip the car over backwards and smack it like a paddle with the hood"... I'm thinking, "make contact, please make contact".
Yeah I'm thinking... "Oh, look - that's still 30 feet above me."
Gregg Papivich
Thriller said:

I think I can take Halibutt down

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.