Rocket League

175,301 Views | 1303 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
Buck O Five
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Probably the only one here addicted to snow day. Just a fun mode with some wild pinch shots. Some random player aerial dribbled the puck across the rink, surprised at the skill for a casual game mode.
FightinAggie07
AG
Siiiick!
sdc177
AG
Here is my goal from last night. 1-1 tie and I make contact with 0:01 left for a walk off goal. All skill here of course.

Buck O Five
AG
It's happened a couple times now, posting your rocket league goals is a new aggie tradition.
theNetSmith
AG
quote:
Here is my goal from last night. 1-1 tie and I make contact with 0:01 left for a walk off goal. All skill here of course.

Hey, look! I'm on TV! Obviously, that goal never would have happened without me distracting the other team with my antics.

Glad you figured out how to upload the highlight!
sdc177
AG
quote:
quote:

Hey, look! I'm on TV! Obviously, that goal never would have happened without me distracting the other team with my antics.

Glad you figured out how to upload the highlight!
Yes, started with fraps but the watermark covered the clock so I went with shadow play.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Nice one!

Also, shadow play is the way to go. Very easy.
Charlie Conway
Rumble update came out today, why are yall not talking about his??
FormerLefty
AG
quote:

We just played Rumble for the last hour or so and it was awesome!! Way better than I expected and by far my favorite game mode other than standard. Extremely fun when in a private party with friends.
theNetSmith
AG
quote:
More fun than I expected it to be, but also more fitting of the title "Chaos" than 4v4. It is frustrating because it feels like you're chasing a ghost half the time. Just when you think you're about to strike the ball -- poof! -- it's punched or yanked out from in front of you.

My favorite power-up is definitely the spikes. I played against someone who made great use of aerial boosting to fly into the goal, spinning and twisting, with the ball stuck to his car. It was pretty cool/different.

I am still more of a "purist" -- prefer the standard maps to the Tokyo one or the Rocket Labs ones -- but the Rumble mode is a fun variation.
JTA1029
AG
I love this game.

XBL: GMAN1029
Steam: AGGIEJAKE1029
HossAg
AG
Could someone briefly explain rumble mode? Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I'd like to hop on tonight.
theNetSmith
AG
quote:
Could someone briefly explain rumble mode? Haven't had a chance to play it yet, but I'd like to hop on tonight.
Rumble is Rocket League with power-ups, but unlike some other games with power-ups, you don't pick these up like objects that you have to drive over/through (like the boost things on the field).

There are several different power-ups, and they seem to be "distributed" randomly to everyone in the game at the same time -- about once every 30 seconds -- and they last for about 10 seconds or so. You will see a timer next to your boost indicator that counts down from 10, and when it reaches zero, the timer is replaced with an icon representing the power-up that was given to you. Some of them are activated right away, while others have to be activated manually (the default on PC is LS button press, but someone told me it can be assigned to a different controller input). A couple of them -- like the magnet and the spring-loaded boot -- are 'range' limited, meaning you have to be within a certain distance of a target before you can activate them. The target is identified with a square 'bracket' thing that appears when it is locked on.

Halibut
AG
Rumble is really fun. I don't know how long it will stay, but it's better than hoops and snow day, and it might even challenge the base (non-competitive) playlists.

Also, the day it was released I saw over 200k players which is like twice as many as normal.

My only very minor complaint is that it's not balanced well. The team that gets the most plungers and spikes is going to win.
Halibut
AG
Sorry to Lazerus this thread, but I just scored the best goal I will ever score in this game (probably 95% luck).

I'm not sure what to do with my life now.

jr15aggie
AG
Yeah, that was a crazy good shot!

The kind of goal where the typical "nice shot" responses are an insult to the greatness that just occurred!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Anyone play the new underwater map, yet?

I like it. It's spread out pretty far, but otherwise it just looks cool, and it's something to add to the rotations for competitive.
sdc177
AG
This is good for a few lols:

jr15aggie
AG
Beware of cummylobster!
Buck O Five
AG
That video is pretty funny.
Gregg Papivich

Finally got to rising star in doubles
shertown04
AG
jr15aggie said:

Beware of cummylobster!

I forgot about that guy. Haven't ran into him since that night, haha. I did run into "12 inch swag" today though.
fav13andac1)c
AG
So you like to bump huh? Well how do you like this?

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Anyone still playing this?

Hit me up on XB1: mbole

I'm still learning but getting better
GigEmAgs14
AG
Love this game!

XB1 GT: thekicker17
FormerLefty
AG
Still play all the time. Too bad ps4 / xb1 crossplay isn't a thing. (Yet... Hopefully someday)
GigEmAgs14
AG
FormerLefty said:

Still play all the time. Too bad ps4 / xb1 crossplay isn't a thing. (Yet... Hopefully someday)
I thought it was?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
GigEmAgs14 said:

FormerLefty said:

I thought it was?
i think it is, but I don't think you can party up with different consoles/pc.
FormerLefty
AG
So we could get in a private match together? Really?!
Gregg Papivich
Shertown and I probably play like 3-4 nights a week on the Xbox uno
shertown04
AG
The new map is going to take some getting used to. Another nonconformer! It's basically like the Hexagon one from the Rocket Lab maps (I think, haven't played that one in a while) but it's now on the ranked map rotation. Sucks when you clear it down the side only to have it hit the angled wall facing you and come back, but I kinda like it. Hat Trick on my first game there, haha. And the new way to rank the arenas so you can 'dislike' Tokyo (FINALLY!).
GigEmAgs14
AG
Gregg Papivich said:

Gamertags? Always looking to pair up with some others
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
shertown04 said:

The new map is going to take some getting used to. Another nonconformer! It's basically like the Hexagon one from the Rocket Lab maps (I think, haven't played that one in a while) but it's now on the ranked map rotation. Sucks when you clear it down the side only to have it hit the angled wall facing you and come back, but I kinda like it. Hat Trick on my first game there, haha. And the new way to rank the arenas so you can 'dislike' Tokyo (FINALLY!).
Yeah, the angles in that map are insane. I like it with 3s but it is a pain in the ass with 2s.

I'm usually on at least a couple of nights a week.
shertown04
AG
GigEmAgs14 said:

Gregg Papivich said:

Gamertags? Always looking to pair up with some others

Front page has a lot of 'em but I don't think there are many of us that play regularly left due to the other games that have came out. After Christmas I probably won't be on as much for the same reason. You can always send an invite anyways and I may join if I'm not in the middle of something.

GT: shertown121
Gregg Papivich
Finally hit rising star in standard.. Took way longer than 2v2s

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.