Rocket League

171,955 Views | 1303 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
AggieChemE09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
look for the one with bowser in the picture.
theNetSmith
AG
quote:
So I'm new to Steam but using the app on my phone I cannot find "thenetsmith" at all and there are tons of people with "Afterlife" as their user name. Any help?
I will try to find those of you with Steam accounts. I don't know how to add "friends" on Steam because I haven't tried yet. If I can't figure it out, I will get my son to help me.

My Steam name is thenetsmith -- I just double-checked.
theNetSmith
AG
Tried to add to friends:

Fedaykin98 -- couldn't add b/c your friends list is full
HBtriplesticks -- not found
MaroonOut09 -- friends list is full
Afterlife -- I clicked through 405 usernames that were returned by a search for "AfterLife" and couldn't find you. Then I discovered that the search is case-sensitive, and the 2nd result (of 1200+) had a Bowser icon. Assuming you are Daniel from Houston, I couldn't add you, either, due to the friends list is full message.

I was trying to add friends via the steam website. Maybe it has a glitch and can only work from the app?
benMath08
AG
You can add trainRiderJ on PSN as well, I've been trying to play more lately.
AggieChemE09
AG
quote:

Afterlife -- I clicked through 405 usernames that were returned by a search for "AfterLife" and couldn't find you. Then I discovered that the search is case-sensitive, and the 2nd result (of 1200+) had a Bowser icon. Assuming you are Daniel from Houston, I couldn't add you, either, due to the friends list is full message.
That's me. I tried to find you on the steam app but I can't find you. What is your case sensitive name? I'm sure i'll have better luck on the PC than on the app, but won't be able to do that till i am home.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Tried to add to friends:

Fedaykin98 -- couldn't add b/c your friends list is full

Man, what can I say? I'm just a cool dude.

Seriously, though, this is Steam? They have a limit on friends? That's so last-gen.

Doesn't really matter, since I never game on PC these days. I'm Rocket Leaguing on PS4. Now if you're telling me my PSN friends are full...damn. That happened fast.
AggieChemE09
AG
quote:
quote:
So I'm new to Steam but using the app on my phone I cannot find "thenetsmith" at all and there are tons of people with "Afterlife" as their user name. Any help?
I will try to find those of you with Steam accounts. I don't know how to add "friends" on Steam because I haven't tried yet. If I can't figure it out, I will get my son to help me.

My Steam name is thenetsmith -- I just double-checked.
theNetSmith
AG
Yeah, I tried to search for my username (all lowercase) on the website and no results were found. I don't know what the deal is. Maybe the website is also full of crap with the full friends list messages.

Next time I am on the PC, I will try to add some of you via the Steam UI.

This is the first multiplayer game I've ever seen where you can be matched with other players cross-platform. It would be extra cool if the buddy list could be cross-platform as well, but it makes sense that it is not, since the buddy list on the PC is tied to the Steam account and not the game.

Sooner or later, I'll figure this out.
sdc177
AG
So i haven't played for 7-10 days and just played a few on Steam. Either there was some sort of massive update and the gameplay is very different (for the better) or it's just that I haven't played in a while and am boozing.

Which is it TexAgs?
theNetSmith
AG
There was a Steam update a day or two ago, but I don't know if it was Rocket League-related or what. I did start a game recently and thought that everything seemed "faster" but it could have been all in my head.

A new DLC was released recently for Rocket League, including 2 new vehicles, some new paint finishes and patterns, a couple of new boost types, several new toppers, new tires... Pretty decent, IMO.
theNetSmith
AG
I think I figured out why my profile doesn't show up on Steam. Rocket League was purchased by my son, who "shares" the game with me. Since I have never purchased any games on Steam using my account, I am not allowed to add any friends.

I saw some crappy looking puzzle game on sale this past weekend for $1.99, but that was before I found out about this restriction. Guess I will have to look for something similar to buy just so I can have a buddy list.
theNetSmith
AG
So I bought a game on Steam for $0.19, but I haven't tried adding any friends yet. I can now find my profile on the Steam community webpage, tho. If you search for "Craptastic" and go to the second page (21-40) of the results, I'm listed about halfway down with an avatar pic of a yellow Jeep.

Or you should be able to go directly to my Steam profile.
sdc177
AG
Just added you Craptastic.
theNetSmith
AG
Just accepted you, sdc177! You have logged quite a few more hours than me, but I am to the point now where I can hold my own and my son doesn't tell me I'm "trash" every time we play together.

All -- in case you haven't seen it yet, check out what's coming...

sdc177
AG
Ha-ha. That hour is count very deceiving. I have left the game idle on the home screen for many, many hours. I would bet my true hours are probably a third to a half of what's shown.
theNetSmith
AG
Sure you're not saying that just to cover your butt when I find out that you're not very good?
sdc177
AG
I will tell you that I am not the greatest right now. There are a few on the ps4 side here that can attest to that.
theNetSmith
AG
Well, my in-game name - Craptastic - fits me well. Never know what you're going to get out of me from one game to the next.
sdc177
AG
Got to play with theNetSmith tonight - lots of fun! Anyone else on Steam?
theNetSmith
AG
Have enjoyed our games together. Would be nice to add a few more Steam friends who play, but don't take that the wrong way, sdc! We did have a rough go in 2v2 the other night, but played well 3v3.

Anyone else play on PC?
sdc177
AG
I'm crushed and noticed you didn't talk to me last night, lol. That was literally the worst run I've ever had, even playing with 100% randoms.

I added Afterlife and played with him a few games one night but he seems to always be playing DOTA when I see him online. And he really prefers playing with those who use TeamSpeak. I haven't checked that out but intend to.

But yes, I really like playing with the PS4 group and it would be nice to have the same type of deal on Steam.
theNetSmith
AG
I saw you online last night but you didn't appear to be in RL, so I didn't bother you. I'm still new to this whole Steam friend thing (just you and my sons in my friend list), so I don't know if there is proper etiquette or whatnot.

One of my sons recently bought a PS4, and I downloaded RL on it last night because my PC was tied up. I have to say that I hate the PS4 controller. With the left thumbstick and directional pad in opposite places (from the Xbox controller), it makes it more difficult to play. And with the angle of that part of the controller that fits into the palm of your hand, I had to work to make my thumb correctly go N-S or E-W... does that make sense?

Fortunately, because the PS4 user was new to RL, I was mostly getting games against scrubs and my handicap wasn't quite so apparent.
sdc177
AG
Yep I think my pc was left on with steam running last night but I never used it.

I use the PS4 controller for both PS4 and Steam - I love it! But my kids got Minecraft on the PS4 for Christmas and now my wife is addicted to it so I'll be on the PC mostly.

Just noticed I missed at least one Steam user on this thread - booze_rolton. Will add tonight.
aggietony2010
AG
I'm on Steam as well.

aggietony2010
ExPLK
AG
PS4 user here. I'm buying/getting on tonight and this weekend with a few buddies. Please feel free to add me if you want to play with some newbies. Diaclaimer: we usually use Mics to communicate.

PSN = Donkey1521
theNetSmith
AG
Just started a new thread with all of the PSN and Steam IGNs people have posted on this one.

http://texags.com/forums/30/topics/2713049
theNetSmith
AG
Had a blast teaming up with sdc177 and AggieChemE09 last night. Realized I was the oldest team member... not that there's anything wrong with that.
Joe Cole
I have been wanting to play this game. Tonight was first time to see video of it, reminded me of the 1v1 tension that Super Soccer from SNES had. Super Soccer was one of the best 1p vs 2p games ever. There were only a few ways to score, and it was just a constant battle to keep the other guy out of those spots. This looks like SS x 100
AGinHI
AG
I see y'all have a couple of threads and this one is still active, so I updated it with everyone's IDs and a link to theNetSmith's thread for people who get lost--I imagine he'll maintain his thread for the Rocket League regulars.

Sorry for being negligent. Back in July I'm playing Rocket League with my boys (that's the Ty & Kai in my handle) then we move on to something else, and then it's something else. I don't know how people keep up.
Agmaniacmike12
Any word on plans to bring this to Xbox One?
VaAg12
AG
http://www.polygon.com/2015/12/3/9844532/rocket-league-xbox-one-release
Bryan98
AG
I'll be buying it on XB1 so I can play it with my Xbox friends. I've been loading it up once or twice a week on PS4 lately.

I'm Fedaykin98 on both.
Kampfers
AG
ttt

anyone getting rocket league now that it's dropped for XB1?
Bryan98
AG
I've played dozens or hundreds of games of RL on PS4, and I'm buying it on XB1 today to play with my friends on that console.
Bigsteve713
AG
I'm so bad at this, I have an natural inclination towards video games and can pick them up rather quickly and I was very good compared to most when the game was first released but somewhere along the way I was passed up and now I am just... just not good at all

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.