Rocket League

172,027 Views | 1303 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by johnnyblaze36
sdc177
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Enjoyed playing tonight even though the mic was acting up. Whoever it was I played with.
HBtriplesticks
AG
I'm HBtriplesticks, that was bizarre...I'm on most nights lately.

Thanks to everyone who has been playing this game with me, it's really helped me get my mind off of some **** in my life (in the process of a divorce)
Punked Shank
AG
quote:
I'm HBtriplesticks, that was bizarre...I'm on most nights lately.

Thanks to everyone who has been playing this game with me, it's really helped me get my mind off of some **** in my life (in the process of a divorce)

*****es may come and go, but video games never leave! Hope everything works out for the best man.
Bryan98
AG
quote:
Enjoyed playing tonight even though the mic was acting up. Whoever it was I played with.
That was me (Fedaykin98), HBTriplesticks, and a number of folks from the other forum I frequent, Gamers With Jobs.

If anyone sees me in a party chat, feel free to jump right in, because 100% of PS4 parties I've been in so far have been for Rocket League.
nomad2007
AG
I've been leaving my ps4 on rocket league a lot while I'm elsewhere in the house, so I've missed some party invitations. But this weekend, I should be good to go. Also getting an adapter so i can use my PC headset.
Bryan98
AG
Great games tonight, fellas!

(Fedaykin98)
HBtriplesticks
AG
Agreed, good times.
FormerLefty
AG
The 10 types of players you meet in Rocket League
http://www.pcgamer.com//rocket-league-players/
HBtriplesticks
AG
quote:
The 10 types of players you meet in Rocket League
http://www.pcgamer.com//rocket-league-players/

I have to stifle my tendency to be "only player on my team" it's less bad in party chat, but it's tough with random people, especially when they keep centering the ball for the other team.
MBAR
AG
Hey guys,

I know some of you have sent me a lot of invites recently and I'm sorry I've not been able to jump in the games with you. I really want to I've just been watching movies with the wife a lot lately. Hopefully this weekend though!
Bryan98
AG
Man, the other night I was playing with Lefty, and apart from some good crosses for assists, I was stinking up the joint.

Last night I was playing with a bunch of guys and I was kicking ass! I even scored two kickoffs - in a row! It felt damn good to play well for a change.
sdc177
AG
I went ahead and purchased the pc version too since the wife and kids are hijacking the ps4 more and more these days. I play MUCH better on the pc.

On pc I play up close to a 27" monitor in 2560x1440 using a ps4 controller.

With the ps4 I'm about 15 feet from a 60" 1080p.

Not sure how much the above has to do with it but the network connection may be a bit more solid with the pc too.
Beau Holder
AG
Jumping in late but I am also addicted. PSN: MidnightYell
FormerLefty
AG
quote:
Man, the other night I was playing with Lefty, and apart from some good crosses for assists, I was stinking up the joint.
I thought we held our own. We had a nice little win streak going at one point.
FormerLefty
AG
Anybody get the new DLC yet? Thoughts?
Bryan98
AG
quote:
You speak Japanese?
Bryan98
AG
quote:
quote:
I thought we held our own. We had a nice little win streak going at one point.
We might have, but I was ass.
Beau Holder
AG
quote:
quote:
You speak Japanese?
I'm severely out of practice being a year removed from using it in any way, but somewhat.
MaroonOut09
AG
I'm addicted as well. Hit me up. PSN: MaroonOut09

I also found some good tutorials today that include pointers from the top ranked player.

SECivil Ag-11
AG
I don't know what I was thinking but I only started playing this week, so I'm pretty terrible right now. Been practicing with pro bots on 2v2. Ton of fun regardless, though! PSN: slashvoid-13
sdc177
AG
So has anyone figured out the cross play between ps4 and pc? I have it on both but find myself playing it on pc much more. Any way for me on the pc to join/chat with y'all on ps4?
benMath08
AG
quote:
So has anyone figured out the cross play between ps4 and pc? I have it on both but find myself playing it on pc much more. Any way for me on the pc to join/chat with y'all on ps4?
You can use private matches to enable crossplay with specific people. Just create a match and give your friends on the other system the game name and password (optional).
sdc177
AG
quote:
quote:
You can use private matches to enable crossplay with specific people. Just create a match and give your friends on the other system the game name and password (optional).

Thanks! Sounds like you can't play with your friends against randoms then. If you are playing 1v1 against a friend do you have to set up a game name each time or is there a quick button to play again? And I assume chat works using R1 but no constant chat?

I have no friends on Steam. Does anyone else play on pc? Let me know and I'll add you.
FormerLefty
AG
You can turn push to chat off so you don't have to hold down r1.
Halibut
AG
This is the best game I've played in a long time.
theNetSmith
AG
Glad I found this thread! My 13yo son started playing Rocket League a few weeks back and has racked up something like 40 hours on it already compared to my 2-3. Whenever we play a game together, it generally ends with him telling me how much I suck.

We play split-screen on my PC (via Steam) with Xbox controllers and a 46" monitor.

My Steam ID is thenetsmith. It would be fun to join some of you. Absolutely love this game.
Bryan98
AG
Too bad y'all don't play on PS4; 13 is probably a great age to enjoy the constant "That's what SHE said" references that we drop there.
theNetSmith
AG
I played a bit this morning before work and in one game, had a teammate repeatedly call me "rookie f*ck" for a variety of reasons. Fortunately, my son is way better than me, so I don't expect he gets much of that kind of crap. I need to learn how to type a response. All I know how to do at the moment is say, "Nice shot!" -- which doesn't help out much in that situation.
AggieChemE09
AG
I just bought this game and am having a blast.

Steam name - Afterlife
Bryan98
AG
quote:

Steam name - Afterlife
I was playing every night for several weeks on PS4, but now I'm back on Destiny.
AggieChemE09
AG
quote:
quote:

Steam name - Afterlife
I was playing every night for several weeks on PS4, but now I'm back on Destiny.
I miss destiny, but I was not happy at all with Bungie and the way they handled the end of season one. I was promised a third raid, and all I got was PVP bull****. I had every exotic in the game, and they wanted me to upgrade all my gear again. Just had to step away.
Bryan98
AG
I was just remembering yesterday the one thing that really pissed me off about WoW years ago, which still annoys me to this day. They also completely changed the character class/spec I was playing (to where the mechanics were completely brand new), but that alone wouldn't have kept me away.

Anyway, The Taken King really does seem to have a story. I'm only a few hours in and playing catch up, but they fixed that, and they made gearing up a much more incremental, steady growth process with a lot less RNG and a lot more room to make smart decisions. I'm hooked all over again right now. Exotics also come with their signature perks unlocked at the start, which is a great change.
AggieChemE09
AG
quote:
I was just remembering yesterday the one thing that really pissed me off about WoW years ago, which still annoys me to this day. They also completely changed the character class/spec I was playing (to where the mechanics were completely brand new), but that alone wouldn't have kept me away.

Anyway, The Taken King really does seem to have a story. I'm only a few hours in and playing catch up, but they fixed that, and they made gearing up a much more incremental, steady growth process with a lot less RNG and a lot more room to make smart decisions. I'm hooked all over again right now. Exotics also come with their signature perks unlocked at the start, which is a great change.
Wow died for me the minute they destroyed Affliction Warlock right before Wrath of the Lich King Raid hit. It really made it easy to drop it cold turkey though, so that was nice.
sdc177
AG
So I'm new to Steam but using the app on my phone I cannot find "thenetsmith" at all and there are tons of people with "Afterlife" as their user name. Any help?
sdc177
AG
Oh yeah, my Steam name is the same as my handle.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.