***** THE Official Houston Texans Thread 2026 *****

56,159 Views | 1178 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by Jackal99
redag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
W said:

among Caserio, DeMeco, and Stroud...

somebody has to go

maybe two somebodies


All of them!!
Boogie2988Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ryans should be fire for that clock management, they did that a few years ago to the Bears coach.
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Season is basically over before it ever got started. Aggie and Texans football are a hand to glove relationship.
5 Dollar Footlong
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Or a boot to the ass relationship.
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
W said:

among Caserio, DeMeco, and Stroud...

somebody has to go

maybe two somebodies

If I had to choose I'd vote Caserio. Didn't like his hire in the beginning. He's done some good things but I think we've seen his ceiling as a GM.
I'd bet my paycheck that he's not going anywhere though.
gambochaman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe these morons should play some preseason snap so it doesnt take them a quarter of the season to get going
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I turned the game off at 12:39 and it has been a very pleasant afternoon.
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What's the over/under on posts in this thread the rest of the season?
Aust Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Furlock Bones said:

Season is basically over before it ever got started. Aggie and Texans football are a hand to glove relationship.


What makes matters worse are both were expected to make the playoffs. The season being over by September was nothing any of us could've imagined.
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aust Ag said:

Furlock Bones said:

Season is basically over before it ever got started. Aggie and Texans football are a hand to glove relationship.


What makes matters worse are both were expected to make the playoffs. The season being over by September was nothing any of us could've imagined.


All of a sudden a fall wedding doesn't sound like a bad way to spend a weekend. Or maybe finally going to the pumpkin patch
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watson now 2-1 for the browns

dogs are living with cats - Rapture is coming
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maca1028 said:

W said:

among Caserio, DeMeco, and Stroud...

somebody has to go

maybe two somebodies

If I had to choose I'd vote Caserio. Didn't like his hire in the beginning. He's done some good things but I think we've seen his ceiling as a GM.
I'd bet my paycheck that he's not going anywhere though

in 5 years Caserio has been unable to fix the o-line and the WR2 position

Stroud will go first of the three

I think DeMeco is the safest
Furlock Bones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aust Ag said:

Furlock Bones said:

Season is basically over before it ever got started. Aggie and Texans football are a hand to glove relationship.


What makes matters worse are both were expected to make the playoffs. The season being over by September was nothing any of us could've imagined.


Good news: bow season starts Saturday

Bad news: I have a surgery Thursday that will put me out of any activities for 6-8 weeks.

Fall is totally screwed for me. FML
B-Rabbit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tcow715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If I'm CJ why would I even want to come back? Someone will pay him and it might as well be a team who tries to get him help. Something Caserio has proven to be incapable of.
Pahdz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I actually love that from him. He's not wrong
LB12MEEN
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A&M was not expected to make the playoffs. Don't dream up stuff to help with BAS.

I watched several playoff preseason predictions. None had A&M.
Gig ‘Em Baby!
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
htxag09 said:

annie88 said:

Holy ****, I hadn't been able to watch the game. I just saw that we went up 17-16 with 20 seconds left and thought we won.



We didn't go up with 20 seconds left. We scored with like 2 minutes left

Oh, OK. When I was looking at it on the ESPN app it looked like we scored that touchdown with 20 seconds left. It must've been 20 seconds left when they kick the field goal.
In a world when you can be anything, be the person that ends the meeting early.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tcow715 said:

If I'm CJ why would I even want to come back? Someone will pay him and it might as well be a team who tries to get him help. Something Caserio has proven to be incapable of.

I could see where Stroud might want to leave town, but the teams that will be looking for a QB in the offseason -- like the Browns, Steelers, Dolphins, Jets, Titans, etc.., have terrible o-line and WR situations too
tcow715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
W said:

tcow715 said:

If I'm CJ why would I even want to come back? Someone will pay him and it might as well be a team who tries to get him help. Something Caserio has proven to be incapable of.

I could see where Stroud might want to leave town, but the teams that will be looking for a QB in the offseason -- like the Browns, Steelers, Dolphins, Jets, Titans, etc.., have terrible o-line and WR situations too
Defintely don't disagree on the Oline situation, but not sure i agree on WR/TE/RB.

Browns: Boston, KC, Jeudy, Fannin, Judkins
Steelers: DK, Pittman, Roman Wilson, Meuth/Washington
Jets: Garrett Wilson, Adonai Mitchell, Kenyon Sadiq
Titans: Carnell Tate, Wandale Robinson, Calvin Ridley

Outside of Nico, all of these rooms are significantly better.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
after 3 weeks...the defense that has allowed the fewest points is:

the Jaguars

36 points in 3 games
tjack16
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2-1 over the next three games will do a lot to stabilize things. Anything less than that and the season is toast
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They started last year 0-3 and rattled off 12 Ws in a row so it is doable.
eATMup-Reveille
How long do you want to ignore this user?
htownag08 said:

I'll keep Demeco - so long to the other two.


Jeez...why keep him too???
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The problem lies with Caserio and still this need to try and recreate the NE patriots.

I'm convinced the Caley hire was not Demeco's choice and that was a Caserio pick.

It made no sense to fire Slowik after 1 year of playcalling to go rehire someone with no OC experience. But he was a NE guy so Caserio gave him the reigns.

With the talent they have on defense Demeco should've just gotten a solid proven OC and he could've taken his hands completely off that side of the ball and told his OC 'It's all yours...I got the defense you unlock CJ and run this offense'.
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A big Monday morning Bingo Shoutout to WESAG2006!

The only person with the foresight to take the 3+ losing streak bingo square. I bet you didn't think, "Hey, I'll have this by September 28, did ya?"

Other genius picks among us this year so far include:

Over 9.5 wins
Montgomery 1,000 yards: on pace for 584
Nico 1,150 yards receiving: on pace for 425

After watching the Aggies until halftime, I turned the Texans off at the 40-minute mark, feeling like I was having deja vu.

Updated standings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DzA0BnJOzebbO7YDE4boBmlyKqwkhm9H_wm_Zh9EIGg/edit?usp=sharing
zap
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Texans started 0-3 in 2025, finished 12-5 and made the playoffs.

Noble07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

With the talent they have on defense Demeco should've just gotten a solid proven OC and he could've taken his hands completely off that side of the ball and told his OC 'It's all yours...I got the defense you unlock CJ and run this offense'.

This plus Demeco learn clock management and when to use Timeouts.
redag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Noble07 said:

Ag_07 said:

With the talent they have on defense Demeco should've just gotten a solid proven OC and he could've taken his hands completely off that side of the ball and told his OC 'It's all yours...I got the defense you unlock CJ and run this offense'.

This plus Demeco learn clock management and when to use Timeouts.

He has been a HC for 3 years. How much longer does he get to learn clock management?
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Eh...I think I watch a decent amount of football throughout the week and I'm convinced most HC struggle with clock management.

My theory is it's really f-in hard and we as fans are always critical of it because we're watching from our couch.

That and Demeco's clock management isn't what's losing this team games.
htxag09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

Eh...I think I watch a decent amount of football throughout the week and I'm convinced most HC struggle with clock management.

My theory is it's really f-in hard and we as fans are always critical of it because we're watching from our couch.

That and Demeco's clock management isn't what's losing this team games.

100% agree. I've always thought coaches should hire someone to do it because they're so consistently bad at it
WES2006AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CharleyKerfeld said:

A big Monday morning Bingo Shoutout to WESAG2006!

The only person with the foresight to take the 3+ losing streak bingo square. I bet you didn't think, "Hey, I'll have this by September 28, did ya?"

Other genius picks among us this year so far include:

Over 9.5 wins
Montgomery 1,000 yards: on pace for 584
Nico 1,150 yards receiving: on pace for 425

After watching the Aggies until halftime, I turned the Texans off at the 40-minute mark, feeling like I was having deja vu.

Updated standings: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DzA0BnJOzebbO7YDE4boBmlyKqwkhm9H_wm_Zh9EIGg/edit?usp=sharing

Shocked I was the only one. I figured we would lose 3 in a row at some point but didn't think it would be the first 3. The rest of my pics are looking way too optimistic now.
JCA1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
While some are more complicated than others, good clock management requires the ability to simultaneously run a bunch of scenarios in your head and the associated math with each, in a matter of seconds, and then correctly identify the proper action. Not sure this can be taught. You either have the aptitude for it or you don't.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
another issue for the Texans...

the AFC South drew the AFC North...and that was supposed to be semi-favorable...

but the Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, and Browns are all 2-1 -- decent teams so far
Noble07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag_07 said:

Eh...I think I watch a decent amount of football throughout the week and I'm convinced most HC struggle with clock management.

My theory is it's really f-in hard and we as fans are always critical of it because we're watching from our couch.

That and Demeco's clock management isn't what's losing this team games.

If you had an extra 30 seconds on the clock, you could reasonably get into Fairbairn's range.

I agree it's hard. Hire a nerd to sit in the booth and be in your ear with clock advice.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.