***** THE Official Houston Texans Thread 2026 *****

58,622 Views | 1185 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by ruxin98
B-Rabbit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Chicago Bears third string QB Case Keenum scored as many TDs last night (3) as Stroud has this season. 24 QB's have 4 or more this season.

QBs's of note with more TDs than Stroud in 2026.
Kirk Cousins - 9
Tyler Shough - 9
Bryce Young - 8 (also leading the NFL in passing with 939 yards)
Jacoby Brissett - 5
Deshaun Watson - 5
Geno Smith - 4
Marcus Mariota - 4
Drew Lock - 4
Cam Ward - 4

Houston has a -21 points differential which is only better than:
Miami -50
Green Bay -35
LA Chargers -32
Tennessee -22
JCA1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
While true, CJ seems to be the least of our worries on offense right now. We have terrible playcalling, a non-existent run game, poor pass protection, and a collection of receivers that belong in a rec league.
tcow715
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Max Power said:

Chicago Bears third string QB Case Keenum scored as many TDs last night (3) as Stroud has this season. 24 QB's have 4 or more this season.

QBs's of note with more TDs than Stroud in 2026.
Kirk Cousins - 9
Tyler Shough - 9
Bryce Young - 8 (also leading the NFL in passing with 939 yards)
Jacoby Brissett - 5
Deshaun Watson - 5
Geno Smith - 4
Marcus Mariota - 4
Drew Lock - 4
Cam Ward - 4

Houston has a -21 points differential which is only better than:
Miami -50
Green Bay -35
LA Chargers -32
Tennessee -22
If you are watching the Texans and believe CJ is the issue then I don't know what to tell you. He's been our only player with a pulse on offense and it really isn't close.
gambochaman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How much of the running issues is due to defenses not being scared of our downfield game tho?
Stroud has been playing better yes, but he hasnt shown that he can elevate those around him
JCA1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
gambochaman said:

How much of the running issues is due to defenses not being scared of our downfield game tho?
Stroud has been playing better yes, but he hasnt shown that he can elevate those around him


Eh. If you want to show plays where the line held up long enough for him to go downfield and the receiver showed any separation, I'm willing to listen. But just demanding he somehow make everyone better is asking for magic.
oh no
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The defense surprises me the most
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The offense reminds me of most high schools in the country. They've got 1 good running back and 1 good receiver, and if either of those guys is hurt, they're terrible.

The lack of talent on the offense is humiliating, especially at wide receiver.

Even healthy, Nico is only Top 10, not some Chase / Jefferson / Puka / JSN force of nature.

The Texans got smoked by 34-year-old Keenan Allen last week who the Colts igned as a free agent.
In the opener, they got smoke by DJ Moore, who the Bills got for a 2nd round pick.

I can't figure out why the Texans think they can win big football games without offensive playmakers.


JCA1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I know this is going to come as a shock to all of you, but there's an outside chance we don't know what we're doing with regard to the OL from both a personnel and coaching standpoint.



IrishAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
JCA1 said:

I know this is going to come as a shock to all of you, but there's an outside chance we don't know what we're doing with regard to the OL from both a personnel and coaching standpoint.





Just another reason that if we don't turn this around, AGAIN, to do something in the playoffs. I'm officially off the DeMeco bandwagon. I love him, he seems like an awesome person, but he has not grown as a head coach going into his 4th year here. We suffer the same problems on offense, the same issues on the offensive line, the same clock management issues, the same personnel issues, and the same random disinterest as a team n some critical games. I just don't see a coach that is growing, I see someone that surrounds himself with people he's comfortable with that don't guide and/or push him to grow.

If they aren't battling for the division crown by the middle of the season, fire everyone, tank and start over. We have too much good young talent that's mixed in with no stupid contracts (one thing I'll give Caserio credit for) to have this many issues.

Look at the rest of the league, how many of the best teams are run by an offensive minded coach?

Look at Buffalo, they fired a defensive minded guy that was making the playoffs and oh so close to the super bowl. Instead they hired a first time head coach that their star QB worked well out of the offense with and not only have they not missed a beat, but they look better on offense and defense.

CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wish they could demote Demeco to defensive coordinator. his defensive work is amazing, but the offense is rudderless.
Aust Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Highest rate of runs hit at/behind the LOS (min 20 att)...

David Montgomery 68%
Jacory Croskey-Merritt 60%
Woody Marks 59%
Ashton Jeanty 56%
Ollie Gordon 55%
Jonathan Taylor 55%
Jadarian Price 54%
Omarion Hampton 52%
Bhayshul Tuten 51%
Chris Rodriguez 50%
TreVeyon Henderson 50%
ruxin98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aust Ag said:

Highest rate of runs hit at/behind the LOS (min 20 att)...

David Montgomery 68%
Jacory Croskey-Merritt 60%
Woody Marks 59%
Ashton Jeanty 56%
Ollie Gordon 55%
Jonathan Taylor 55%
Jadarian Price 54%
Omarion Hampton 52%
Bhayshul Tuten 51%
Chris Rodriguez 50%
TreVeyon Henderson 50%

Yuck.
Aust Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yup. It's the OC and the Oline. All our problems start there.
redag06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What I think you meant to say was, GM & HC, it all starts with them.
Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
tcow715 said:

Max Power said:

Chicago Bears third string QB Case Keenum scored as many TDs last night (3) as Stroud has this season. 24 QB's have 4 or more this season.

QBs's of note with more TDs than Stroud in 2026.
Kirk Cousins - 9
Tyler Shough - 9
Bryce Young - 8 (also leading the NFL in passing with 939 yards)
Jacoby Brissett - 5
Deshaun Watson - 5
Geno Smith - 4
Marcus Mariota - 4
Drew Lock - 4
Cam Ward - 4

Houston has a -21 points differential which is only better than:
Miami -50
Green Bay -35
LA Chargers -32
Tennessee -22

If you are watching the Texans and believe CJ is the issue then I don't know what to tell you. He's been our only player with a pulse on offense and it really isn't close.

I was just going through some stats early this morning after noticing Keenum's night on MNF. I don't think Stroud is the issue, I actually think it's an abject failure of the entire organization to build around him. What I've seen from him I've liked. While he's not scoring much the effort is there. My gut feeling is that Ryans built the defense how he envisioned it but no one on the coaching staff or front office knows how to build an NFL offense. I actually admire CJ more this year because I do think he's evolving. Unfortunately I don't think this team will make him successful, I think he has to go somewhere else to fulfill his potential.
oh no
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Max Power said:

Unfortunately I don't think this team will make him successful, I think he has to go somewhere else to fulfill his potential.

like Deshaun Watson did!
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I really don't think that Demeco goes, in fact, I don't even think Caserio goes, Caley, probably. I question whether or not management puts any pressure on Meco to bring some experience in and not just someone he's comfortable with. I don't get that feeling from Texans upper management.
superaggie73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
maca1028 said:

I really don't think that Demeco goes, in fact, I don't even think Caserio goes, Caley, probably. I question whether or not management puts any pressure on Meco to bring some experience in and not just someone he's comfortable with. I don't get that feeling from Texans upper management.


I don't think DeMeco even gets a say in offensive coaches. If so, do you really think they'd all have so many New England ties? His tree is the Shanahan tree. After Bobby Slowik, that tree stopped being brought in and the New England tree was brought in.
maca1028
How long do you want to ignore this user?
superaggie73 said:

maca1028 said:

I really don't think that Demeco goes, in fact, I don't even think Caserio goes, Caley, probably. I question whether or not management puts any pressure on Meco to bring some experience in and not just someone he's comfortable with. I don't get that feeling from Texans upper management.


I don't think DeMeco even gets a say in offensive coaches. If so, do you really think they'd all have so many New England ties? His tree is the Shanahan tree. After Bobby Slowik, that tree stopped being brought in and the New England tree was brought in.

I don't disagree, but I think Caleys hire was a team effort. Caserio's idea and Demeco signed off on it.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
one issue for DeMeco and other young coaches...

they don't have a large "rolodex" so to speak of coaches on the other side of the ball

when Sean McVay took over the Rams, the LAR front office brought in Wade Phillips to be his defensive coordinator. That's what Caserio should have done for DeMeco, but that didn't happen
JCA1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
W said:

one issue for DeMeco and other young coaches...

they don't have a large "rolodex" so to speak of coaches on the other side of the ball

when Sean McVay took over the Rams, the LAR front office brought in Wade Phillips to be his defensive coordinator. That's what Caserio should have done for DeMeco, but that didn't happen


I think maybe that's what happened. DeMeco brought in the one guy he knew well in Slowik. When that didn't work out, he looked to Caserio for help in identifying candidates and that's how Caley got on the radar.
CharleyKerfeld
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If the Aggies and Texans swapped OCs without telling anyone, could you spot the difference?
Jackal99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CharleyKerfeld said:

If the Aggies and Texans swapped OCs without telling anyone, could you spot the difference?


I'm not sure I could tell the difference if they swapped head coaches. Aside from the obvious of Elko wearing glasses.
Snake Jazz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jackal99 said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

If the Aggies and Texans swapped OCs without telling anyone, could you spot the difference?


I'm not sure I could tell the difference if they swapped head coaches. Aside from the obvious of Elko wearing glasses.

The glasses would be a dead giveaway.

As a fan of both, this season has just been miserable so far. Had high hopes for both going in (especially the Texans), but Ags have been a complete disaster and the Texans continue to underperform.

I'm not giving up on the Texans, though. Too much talent on defense. I'm done with Nick Caley and this stupid New England offense that this franchise has been trying to force down our throats pretty much since BOB was here. Garbage offense unless Tom Brady is running it.
MelvinUdall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Snake Jazz said:

Jackal99 said:

CharleyKerfeld said:

If the Aggies and Texans swapped OCs without telling anyone, could you spot the difference?


I'm not sure I could tell the difference if they swapped head coaches. Aside from the obvious of Elko wearing glasses.

The glasses would be a dead giveaway.

As a fan of both, this season has just been miserable so far. Had high hopes for both going in (especially the Texans), but Ags have been a complete disaster and the Texans continue to underperform.

I'm not giving up on the Texans, though. Too much talent on defense. I'm done with Nick Caley and this stupid New England offense that this franchise has been trying to force down our throats pretty much since BOB was here. Garbage offense unless Tom Brady is running it.


Not to derail too much, but the OL losses for A&M has had a tremendous impact for A&M and Reeds flaws are showing a lot more because of the OL play.
oh no
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Drew Rosenhaus said a month ago that Tyreek Hill will come back to the NFL around October... and Tyreek just tweeted it's time to get off the couch.

Brian Thomas Jr is becoming a 4th option in the Jags new offense and is off the field most snaps lately because they're playing to much 12 and 13 personnel with TEs. probably on the trading block.


some things to think about if Texans are looking for a deep threat to clear out safeties...
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
salt in the wound...the Browns are 3-1

the Cleveland G.M. has done a nice job drafting WR/TE: Fannin, Concepcion, and Boston

something Caserio has struggled with since Nico back in 2021
oh no
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
but Caserio can't help what happened to Tank Dell or Jayden Higgins and Nico has already been out two weeks.
Aust Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oh no said:

Drew Rosenhaus said a month ago that Tyreek Hill will come back to the NFL around October... and Tyreek just tweeted it's time to get off the couch.

Brian Thomas Jr is becoming a 4th option in the Jags new offense and is off the field most snaps lately because they're playing to much 12 and 13 personnel with TEs. probably on the trading block.


some things to think about if Texans are looking for a deep threat to clear out safeties...


I see people online wanting Marvin Harrison Jr as well. I think if we win this weekend then you could see a move being made. I think that's what they're waiting on , why pull the trigger on someone if they are 0-4, it won't matter. Save your picks.
ruxin98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Aust Ag said:

oh no said:

Drew Rosenhaus said a month ago that Tyreek Hill will come back to the NFL around October... and Tyreek just tweeted it's time to get off the couch.

Brian Thomas Jr is becoming a 4th option in the Jags new offense and is off the field most snaps lately because they're playing to much 12 and 13 personnel with TEs. probably on the trading block.


some things to think about if Texans are looking for a deep threat to clear out safeties...


I see people online wanting Marvin Harrison Jr as well. I think if we win this weekend then you could see a move being made. I think that's what they're waiting on , why pull the trigger on someone if they are 0-4, it won't matter. Save your picks.
plus he's dog****…
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.