Hurricane Ian Likely Heading to Florida

57,800 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lead
TAMUallen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MouthBQ98
AG
If you have a home improvement project planned, you better buy materials now. I bet lumber, roofing, siding, plumbing, etc is going to get harder to buy and more costly after this one.
TAMUallen
AG
Hope I can find it but on a stream they just played a video of a boat floating by from a 2nd story window in fort myers!

Found it...
BallerStaf2003
AG
Dear God

Irish 2.0

Cajun Navy getting ready
MouthBQ98
AG
Ike had slower wind but seems like a much bigger storm surge, so far. It is that surge that wrecks everything. That and trees falling on power and communications.
TAMUallen
AG
wbt5845
AG
Never let a good disaster go to waste.

Teslag
AG
Yep. There were never hurricanes until climate change
C@LAg
the gay autistic above is neither a weatherman nor a climatologist.
TAMUallen
AG
Cromagnum
AG
And yet we had basically zero tropical activity for the year until about a week ago and have NEVER had major hurricanes before most people had automobiles. That dumbass can STFU.
TAMUallen
AG
cbaker20
Frick, this is a bad one. Prayers up for the Floridians over here. So so glad I'm done with this particular type of disaster management in my own life although Florida has to be better at this than Louisiana, right?

Desantis will hopefully continue to be a class act through the whole thing.
Rapier108
TAMUallen said:

You know what this means, don't you?

Break out the chainsaws. It's Sharknado time.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
wbt5845
AG
Florida Man rockin' the storm.

Irish 2.0
TAMUallen said:

New HOA enforcement officer?
tk111
AG
Rapier108 said:

TAMUallen said:

You know what this means, don't you?

Break out the chainsaws. It's Sharknado time.
haaa great comment:

That's just the HOA pres assessing the storm damage.
cone
AG
this is a pretty badass storm
ChipFTAC01
AG
wbt5845 said:

Florida Man rockin' the storm.

Guy needs a batter's helmet
TAMUallen
AG
Rapier108
When Jim Cantore shows up in your town, you're ****ed.

Now, Stephanie Abrams, I'd love to ride out a hurricane with her.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
TAMUallen
AG
If this nudges north there will be so much more flooding. Cape Coral will certainly be wiped out if it isn't already
BadMoonRisin
AG
That's Reed Timmer. He's a professional storm chaser that goes all over the place.
The Shank Ag
BadMoonRisin said:

That's Reed Timmer. He's a professional storm chaser that goes all over the place.
And he's a great follow on Facebook

He drove through the most insane hail storm in west Texas last year or the year before. The SUV he was driving looked like one of those cars people take sledgehammers to in a car bash event.
Rapier108
The Shank Ag said:

BadMoonRisin said:

He drove through the most insane hail storm in west Texas last year or the year before. The SUV he was driving looked like one of those cars people take sledgehammers to in a car bash event.
Pretty sure he's a Trump fan too, at least he was in 2016.
TAMUallen
AG
The Shank Ag said:

BadMoonRisin said:

And he's lost that car now in the storm surge (he's safe though)
fooz
BadMoonRisin said:

Last I saw his car was stalled out half underwater. He was with some other chasers.
BQ_90
AG
this is gonna be like harvey, lots and lots of flooding of homes.
HollywoodBQ
AG
wbt5845 said:

The Collective said:

Cape Coral is a real life experiment in human hubris. I expect that they will get a lot of attention after the storm completes.

Check this out - 1950 vs today

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=f31caed5865a471eb53fdc05ff912ce2
That was awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Cromagnum
AG
Once the backside of the storm starts coming ashore, you are really gonna see some **** torn up. It's stronger than the east side with this one, and is gonna be blowing the opposite direction on everything that already got loosened up.
TAMUallen
AG
The storm surge is wild! I couldn't even imagine to see this in person

fooz
fooz
Reed about to be live again.

fka ftc
I have only been watching and not listening, but the current positioning would indicate Cape Coral and Fort Myers have yet to see the storm surge. And high tide is not until 5 or 6pm I think.

Those houses being slab on grade in Cape Coral is indicative on how long its been since they had a storm. Unfortunately, I think its going to be very bad down there.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.