Hurricane Ian Likely Heading to Florida

57,781 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lead
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Latest models have it reaching hurricane strength again before landfall in South Carolina.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
OnlyForNow
AG
Mobile bridge deployment via army/marines.
tk111
AG
SIAP, but of course first question out of the gate to Ron yesterday was about his "lax response"

Edit: that sign language interpreter is fire

Irish 2.0
This is actually from Monday or Tuesday I believe. Not yesterday
titan
S

Yes. Its the one where I said assumed it was a national reporter because parroting the FEMA head's criticism before the fact. It is before landfall. Maybe even in this thread.
bmks270
AG
My friends report there is unprecedented flooding all over parts of Orlando and nearby areas. A number of highways closed due to flooding and debris in some areas.

Also, anyone staying on a coastal island during a storm is dumb.
Charpie
AG
oneeyedag
What makes it worse is we've had a ton of rain prior to Ian showing up.
fullback44
AG
Charpie said:

Ok..this is now Bolivar Peninsula type damage .. I hope all these homeowners followed the 2 simple rules to owning seaside / ocean property.. pay your annual insurance and evacuate when told …. Simple rules to owning property down by the water
BadMoonRisin
AG

Compare and contrast.

Who do you think should lead the country. Dead people and trafficked ballots dont get to say.
Raiderjay
Time lapse of storm surge in Fort Meyers

[b][raiderjay, you need to come up to the front of the bus where I can see you in this giant mirror above my steering wheel. -Staff][/b]
aggiehawg
AG
aggiehawg
AG

aggiehawg
AG
redcrayon
AG
fullback44 said:

Charpie said:

Ok..this is now Bolivar Peninsula type damage .. I hope all these homeowners followed the 2 simple rules to owning seaside / ocean property.. pay your annual insurance and evacuate when told …. Simple rules to owning property down by the water
Is it just me or have you said this over and over?
Charpie
AG
He has. Put him on ignore
redcrayon
AG
Heartbroken for Florida. Nature is a double-edged sword: beauty and destruction.
Teslag
AG
Charpie said:

He has. Put him on ignore
BAP Enthusiast
fullback44 said:

Charpie said:

It was clear from the storm videos that the surge was high. The damage videos and pictures confirm it was brutal and large areas were just flattened.

The rubble everywhere looks exactly like Galveston/Bolivar post Ike and Gulfport post Katrina.
TAMUallen
AG
If you don't have ignore, like me, just flag the posts for trolling like they are. I'm surprised and let down that he has been able to troll and repeat time after time on a good thread.
C@LAg
Raiderjay said:

Time lapse of storm surge in Fort Meyers

I was told by a certain poster there was no tidal surge of note.

That the media was exaggerating!
AgBandsman
AG
aggiehawg said:

He should have brought his EV instead.
BQ_90
AG
AgBandsman said:

aggiehawg said:

He should have brought his EV instead.
if there isn't any damage to the pumps, that's debris can be cleared and the pumps working when the power comes back. Can't tell if that station flooded, I guess that would be be another story if the gas gets contaminated with water
aggiehawg
AG
Reed Timmers' car. He's a storm chaser so not all of the damage comes from the hurricane.

aggiehawg
AG
St. Augustine an hour ago.

tk111
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

This is actually from Monday or Tuesday I believe. Not yesterday
my bad...video posted yesterday
aggiehawg
AG

Worse than Irma.
FriscoKid
AG

OK, so staying put for a hurricane could be a judgement call if you are up high enough and in a sturdy building, but running out of water or food in less than a day after you made the choice to stay is pretty dumb.
aggiehawg
AG
Plus the people that did evacuate from the coastal regions to central Florida, still got hit. Many went to Orlando and then their cars were flooded anyway in hotel and motel parking lots and garages.

This storm affected nearly the entire state with the exceptions of the Panhandle and far south/east Florida around Miami.
NukeAg10
AG
Yeah, it's weird.
aggiehawg
AG
aggiehawg
AG

Go and look at each before and and after picture enlarged. A ton of buildings and structures are gone.
aggiehawg
AG
C@LAg
aggiehawg said:

hurricane was so bad it washed away all the color as well.
A is A
AG
C@LAg said:

aggiehawg said:

hurricane was so bad it washed away all the color as well.
POTD

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.