Hurricane Ian Likely Heading to Florida

57,805 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lead
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Yes, I know it is not a named storm yet, but it will be shortly and Ian is next on the list.

Politics related because we all know the media will use the storm, and the response to it, to hammer DeSantis for weeks. If they can find even a minor failure in the response, or if there is even 1 death, the media, Democrats, and the orange man they have running against him will run with it from now until the election.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
RONA Ag
AG
Forgive my ignorance. What is the intensity looking like when it reaches South Carolina? Is it predicted to still be at category 3 strength or will it lower by then?
Rapier108
RONA Ag said:

Forgive my ignorance. What is the intensity looking like when it reaches South Carolina? Is it predicted to still be at category 3 strength or will it lower by then?
Would depend on how fast it is moving. Won't be Cat 3. Maybe Cat 1 if it is moving fast, but most likely a tropical storm.

If it moves back over the water, then it can maintain strength or even increase again.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
C@LAg
Rapier108 said:

Politics related because we all know the media will use the storm, and the response to it, to hammer DeSantis for weeks. If they can find even a minor failure in the response, or if there is even 1 death, the media, Democrats, and the orange man they have running against him will run with it from now until the election.
more likely blame his anti-global warming rhetoric/actions for causing it.
AGinHI
AG
Did the University of Miami brand themselves the Hurricanes before or after global warming/climate change enlightenment?
rocky the dog
AG
Elections are when people find out what politicians stand for, and politicians find out what people will fall for.
fightingfarmer09
Will the media explain how this is one of the least active seasons in history and how the projections for hurricane season were completely wrong?
Kenneth_2003
AG
SLS won't be aiming for that launch window in the 27th
Premium
AG
Kenneth_2003 said:

SLS won't be aiming for that launch window in the 27th

Were they ever going to launch anything anyways
Rapier108
Can we keep the SLS bashing to the SpaceX fanboy thread?

C@LAg
i am dumber from reading those than I am from reading Hedge posts.
Gigem314
AG
Hurricane Ian?

BadMoonRisin
AG
Ag with kids
AG
Rapier108 said:

Can we keep the SLS bashing to the SpaceX fanboy thread?

He's been asking the Federal Government to do their ****ing job since Biden took office. How would this be any different?
Rapier108
Landfall now looks to be late Thursday or early Friday with landfall most likely in the panhandle.

NASA hasn't decided whether or not to roll the SLS back into the VAB, probably because the storm track has shifted more to the west.

Probably will be a category 4 between Cuba and Florida, but a 2 or 3 at landfall, assuming the models hold up.

The media, Democrats, and drones on social media are ramping up their anti-DeSantis rhetoric, and praying to Molech that the storm destroys the state, and DeSantis along with it. They're also already saying Biden is going to "save Florida" after the storm because of DeSantis' "failures."
Dan Scott
AG
The storms path sucks for Florida. The entire peninsula will be on the ugly side of the hurricane.
titan
S

If anyone can handle and properly deal with the logistics of the hurricane, it is probably DeSantis.

Given their intentions quite fine with him kicking out all hostile national media beforehand so he doesn't have to deal with confusing false reporting.
gordo6
I wonder, will desantis ask biden for federal aid?
titan
S

You mean some return from the tax money extracted by the federal black hole?

Perhaps he will.
Dan Scott
AG
Yes. He's not dumb.
Rapier108
gordo6 said:

Got the latest talking point I see, Hedge.
Teslag
AG
gordo6 said:

Yes, I fully expect him to ask for Florida's money back
Jabin
Rapier108 said:

gordo6 said:

Got the latest talking point I see, Hedge.
And I'll bet he claims deductions and credits on his tax returns too. What a hypocrite!

/sarcasm
Sea Speed
AG
Who tf cares what nobody morons are screaming in to the e void on Twitter.
AggieUSMC
AG
Quote:

If he has to. But so what? This isn't about politics. Congress appropriated the funds for things like this and he's perfectly within his rights to ask for it if needed. And he'll get it if needed. The administration wouldn't be stupid enough to deny the funds over petty political differences.
HarryJ33tamu
fightingfarmer09 said:

Will the media explain how this is one of the least active seasons in history and how the projections for hurricane season were completely wrong?

The climate heard about California and others banning gas cars by 2035 so it is rewarding us for these climate changing actions duh
HarryJ33tamu
gordo6 said:

Is this supposed to be some sort of "got him"…?
RGLAG85
AG
gordo6 said:

Are all your takes ignorant or just 99.999% of them?
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
gordo6 said:

I wonder if you will stop making posts to troll?
C@LAg
gordo6 said:

i would hope so. that is their own tax monies they have sent the feds. so they should be able to get them back/

unlike 95% of what the feds do these days, THIS is actually one of their actual responsibilities.

what a hack attempt at a gotcha
Cromagnum
AG
fightingfarmer09 said:

Nope. They are too giddy, hoping for this to be a bad storm.
Get Off My Lawn
So basically Democrats are cheating for innocent people to suffer and die because they've been told that DeSantis is their new enemy. So much tolerance. So much love.
Cromagnum
AG
AggieUSMC said:

Quote:

If he has to. But so what? This isn't about politics. Congress appropriated the funds for things like this and he's perfectly within his rights to ask for it if needed. And he'll get it if needed. The administration wouldn't be stupid enough to deny the funds over petty political differences.

Why wouldn't he ask for funds to help those affected? It would be political suicide not to. Likewise it would be political suicide for the Feds to refuse.
C@LAg
Why does Hedge and likeminded individuals want Democrats in Florida to suffer.

Seems weird to be cheering the suffering of your fellow Dems.
Ernest Tucker
AG
gordo6 said:

Don't worry y'all, he's an independent who only spouts the lefts talking points, like a paid political operative, because this is a conservative leaning site.

Yes, he will ask them, because it is the Fed's effing job. He will continue to urge them to not spend on all the other irresponsible trash that they have been spending on under your leader Biden

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.