Hurricane Ian Likely Heading to Florida

57,794 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lead
Charpie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Power crews started staging in Houston on Monday from all over.
Psycho Bunny
Charpie said:

Condo for sale, slight water damage.
I will sell my vote for a plate of tacos and chile con queso

Q: What do you call a bad lawyer? A: Senator.
TAMUallen
AG
Calling this now, Ian will reorganize stronger than expected in the Atlantic after dumping more on Florida than models had. This whole storm has defied models
The Fife
It's so easily preventable, just drive your McLaren outside of the area they say is going to flood.
aggiehawg
AG
TAMUallen said:

Calling this now, Ian will reorganize stronger than expected in the Atlantic after dumping more on Florida than models had. This whole storm has defied models
I kind of agree. Ian has been unpredictale in the wobbles. Could sit off the coast and gather steam for over a day or so.
fasthorse05
Man, boat, ship, and yacht rescue companies are getting ready for a cash Christmas.

There's going to be hundreds of vessels either sunk or damaged the need to be rescued or raised.
AlaskanAg99
AG
Ag with kids said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

FEMA does flood insurance, not your carrier. The carrier may service the insurance but it all originates with the FED. And im fine with it, live in a risky area, pay out the nose.
I know FEMA does flood insurance...I pay it every year.

But, I also have to have separate wind/storm in addition to my homeowners.

Yes. I get it. I live in an area that could get damage, so I just ***** about the money, not the principle. I pay about $4000/yr for my 1600 sqft house. But, I'm on the Island and on a canal...so...oh well.

Of course, I lived 31 years in Tornado Alley (DFW and the Westoplex) and only needed homeowners, not wind/storm.

The issue really is repetitive loss where the fed pays out multiple times for multiple storms more than the value of the home and possessions. At one pointnit simply no longer makes sense to insure these homes.

So coverage goes up to stop fed bleeding. Or...they should simply stop offering insurance and let people roll the dice.
Al Bula
AG
Teslag said:

Looks to have gone well west of dry tortugas
this indicates otherwise.

https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2022/tropical-storm-ian

Ag with kids
AG
Charpie said:

Power crews started staging in Houston on Monday from all over.
My guys are Emergency Management and surveillance related...they'll get there when things have passed to help with SAR and damage assessment.
Ag with kids
AG
AlaskanAg99 said:

Ag with kids said:

AlaskanAg99 said:

FEMA does flood insurance, not your carrier. The carrier may service the insurance but it all originates with the FED. And im fine with it, live in a risky area, pay out the nose.
I know FEMA does flood insurance...I pay it every year.

But, I also have to have separate wind/storm in addition to my homeowners.

Yes. I get it. I live in an area that could get damage, so I just ***** about the money, not the principle. I pay about $4000/yr for my 1600 sqft house. But, I'm on the Island and on a canal...so...oh well.

Of course, I lived 31 years in Tornado Alley (DFW and the Westoplex) and only needed homeowners, not wind/storm.

The issue really is repetitive loss where the fed pays out multiple times for multiple storms more than the value of the home and possessions. At one pointnit simply no longer makes sense to insure these homes.

So coverage goes up to stop fed bleeding. Or...they should simply stop offering insurance and let people roll the dice.
Well...that's going to extremely limit the ports in the Gulf and Atlantic regions...

Gotta have employees. Employees aren't living 50-100 miles inland and driving in every deay.
Ag with kids
AG
TAMUallen said:

WTF?????

I have been ASSURED that all weather and climate models are accurate and "And as such, is beyond contestation."
ShinerAggie
AG
I know you've already seen the sharknado video, but have you seen this one? Well worth the look! HAHAHA (sorry, can't post pictures)

Weather Channel meteorologist Jim Cantore hit by a tree branch while reporting on Hurricane Ian
________________________________________________________ "Citizens are deceived en masse but enlightened one at a time."
ShinerAggie
AG
And, I believe this is where Reed Timmer was located earlier in the day...

Horrific scene in Matlacha/Pine Island, Florida
________________________________________________________ "Citizens are deceived en masse but enlightened one at a time."
aggiehawg
AG
Last I heard, he lost Dominator 4 but he was sheltering in place?
torrid
AG
titan said:

zoneag said:

titan said:

TAMUallen said:

Ryan Hall stream is crazy right now!

Boat has lost its anchor and is about to come over a wall in Punta Gorda right at the chaser. The storm chaser is concerned because behind him, the roads have started to become freshwater flooded

The boat looks to be tangled up in power lines now!
That incidentally, is one of the main reasons that bold skipper did what he did. Its the only way to probably save his boat. You can't stay with storm surge like this and expect it to be intact.

You're right, but damn, that's what insurance is for. You can replace the boat but not your life.
True, but a true man of the sea has a greater tie to his boat than that. I wish him luck and hope we learn which one it was.
Reminds me of a hurricane from when I was kid. One boat washed up right in the middle of a major road. Authorities tried for several days to locate the owner of the boat, but could not get in contact with him. Then someone finally looked INSIDE the boat.
ShinerAggie
AG
aggiehawg said:

Last I heard, he lost Dominator 4 but he was sheltering in place?

I heard he lost all comms and there was a lot of speculation about what happened to him, but I've heard nothing definitive.
TAMUallen
AG
Ag with kids said:

TAMUallen said:

WTF?????

I have been ASSURED that all weather and climate models are accurate and "And as such, is beyond contestation."

It's climate change!

Haven't you seen Twitter and the left's talking points?
torrid
AG
ShinerAggie said:

I know you've already seen the sharknado video, but have you seen this one? Well worth the look! HAHAHA (sorry, can't post pictures)

Weather Channel meteorologist Jim Cantore hit by a tree branch while reporting on Hurricane Ian
Reincarnation of the guy he kneed in the nuts.
TAMUallen
AG
Looks like Ryan Hall might be logging off.

Thank goodness for independent observers who give us things straight without politics, objectives and sensationalism

His boy Andy is amusing too. Total nerd.
C@LAg
sad. people just want the weather updates. you can global warm it all up in the opinion section.
TAMUallen
AG
C@LAg said:

sad. people just want the weather updates. you can global warm it all up in the opinion section.

Dude... wtf.
C@LAg
TAMUallen said:

C@LAg said:

Dude... wtf.
chill. i was agreeing with you

the "you" was not Y-O-U.
TAMUallen
AG
C@LAg said:

TAMUallen said:

C@LAg said:

Dude... wtf.
chill. i was agreeing with you

the "you" was not Y-O-U.

No problem, just seemed a bit off! No harm no foul.
Cromagnum
AG
TyHolden said:

More damage than Katrina?

Count on it. Property values have increased a lot since Katrina, and New Orleans is a ****hole anyways.
Irish 2.0
Cromagnum said:

TyHolden said:

More damage than Katrina?

Count on it. Property values have increased a lot since Katrina, and New Orleans is a ****hole anyways.

Yep. Ian is nailing a well off area of FL that's population in that area has increased 60% since 2000.
NE PA Ag
fasthorse05 said:

Man, boat, ship, and yacht companies are getting ready for a cash Christmas.

There's going to be hundreds of vessels either sunk or damaged the need to be rescued or raised.

Could be way more than that. Cape Coral is a city designed for boat owners, it has the most miles of navigable waterways of any city in the world and has a population of over 200,000 people. That's just one part of the area.
Cromagnum
AG
Jim Cantore's dumbass nearly got taken out by some kind of shrub

Cromagnum
AG
The water would not be the only thing that's brown...

TAMUallen
AG
Cromagnum said:

Jim Cantore's dumbass nearly got taken out by some kind of shrub

Worse is that in another clip he was nearly blown away by wind alone
XXXVII
Can anyone tell me how far into Naples it flooded? Was it the whole town? We are worried about some family members there.
DeSantis 2024

FJB, FJB, FJB, etc
Actual Talking Thermos
siap

TAMUallen
AG
Actual Talking Thermos said:

siap

RIP
AggieAces06
AG
Que Te Gusta Mas said:

How did it go from what I assume is a garage to the middle of the street? Because they wanted to see if it would float? Dumbasses
agdoc2001
AG
Comes with a pool now!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TAMUallen
AG
agdoc2001 said:

Comes with a pool now!

An infinity pool!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.