Hurricane Ian Likely Heading to Florida

57,801 Views | 648 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by lead
Ag with kids
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieUSMC said:

Quote:

I wonder, will desantis ask biden for federal aid?
If he has to. But so what? This isn't about politics. Congress appropriated the funds for things like this and he's perfectly within his rights to ask for it if needed. And he'll get it if needed. The administration wouldn't be stupid enough to deny the funds over petty political differences.
Are you SURE?

I mean, it would be the ultimate in petty political bull****, but, that seems to be SOP lately....
I Sold DeSantis Lifts
Ag with kids said:

AggieUSMC said:

Quote:

If he has to. But so what? This isn't about politics. Congress appropriated the funds for things like this and he's perfectly within his rights to ask for it if needed. And he'll get it if needed. The administration wouldn't be stupid enough to deny the funds over petty political differences.
Are you SURE?

I mean, it would be the ultimate in petty political bull****, but, that seems to be SOP lately....

Maybe the poster was mocking the tweets?
YouBet
AG
Ag with kids said:

AggieUSMC said:

Quote:

Are you SURE?

Wouldn't surprise me at all to see them deny it. They have denied and politicized everything else. Nothing special about this.
erudite
Rapier108 said:

Landfall now looks to be late Thursday or early Friday with landfall most likely in the panhandle.

NASA hasn't decided whether or not to roll the SLS back into the VAB, probably because the storm track has shifted more to the west.

Probably will be a category 4 between Cuba and Florida, but a 2 or 3 at landfall, assuming the models hold up.

The media, Democrats, and drones on social media are ramping up their anti-DeSantis rhetoric, and praying to Molech that the storm destroys the state, and DeSantis along with it. They're also already saying Biden is going to "save Florida" after the storm because of DeSantis' "failures."
Remember when the East coast wouldn't stop being b******* about that one "hurricane" that went up to DC?
Cali gets aid regularly with wildfires. That's the point of the federal system, all states get help with major disasters if they need it, everyone pays in as well.
Rapier108
Track shifted back to the east somewhat. Of course it will continue wobble for the next few days.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
C@LAg
Rapier108 said:

Track shifted back to the east somewhat. Of course it will continue wobble for the next few days.
biden firing up bush's weather machine to try to make it have the most impact on FL.
HollywoodBQ
AG
I just sent one of my direct reports to Tampa for a critical fix at a customer site that had to be performed in person.

Now I'm regretting that decision because the earliest they can get him out is on Wednesday night which is right when Tampa will be at the worst stage if the NOAA NHC 5-day forecast model holds up. So I know those flights will be cancelled. This is going to be interesting.
Sea Speed
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

I just sent one of my direct reports to Tampa for a critical fix at a customer site that had to be performed in person.

Now I'm regretting that decision because the earliest they can get him out is on Wednesday night which is right when Tampa will be at the worst stage if the NOAA NHC 5-day forecast model holds up. So I know those flights will be cancelled. This is going to be interesting.

Get a rental car reserved now
LMCane
are there oil and gas rigs in the eastern part of the Gulf?
Ag with kids
AG
LMCane said:

are there oil and gas rigs in the eastern part of the Gulf?

Doesn't look like it...
MouthBQ98
AG
Dems absolutely don't understand economics, that much is apparent.

A hurricane destroys wealth/capitol, and creates temporary demand and shortages in its aftermath, much like the Democrat party, in fact. They are a local/regional inflationary pressure in the short term. Policies must take that into account.
ABattJudd
AG
I'm about 30 miles west of Orlando. We are releasing school early tomorrow, and no school Wednesday or Thursday. I bet we won't be back on Friday.
"Well, if you can’t have a great season, at least ruin somebody else’s." - Olin Buchanan
The Collective
AG
ABattJudd said:

I'm about 30 miles west of Orlando. We are releasing school early tomorrow, and no school Wednesday or Thursday. I bet we won't be back on Friday.

Hope it is just a rainstorm for you. Best of luck!
akm91
AG
RGLAG85 said:

gordo6 said:

Are all your takes ignorant or just 99.999% of them?
0% originalilty it seems.
akm91
AG
ABattJudd said:

Stay safe in Lake County!
akm91
AG
Sea Speed said:

HollywoodBQ said:

Get a rental car reserved now
Probably all gone by now. I-75 will be a complete and utter mess getting out of Tampa.
Sea Speed
AG
Yea I meant in the car and on the road now, client can deal until this blows over.
akm91
AG
Gotcha. I did an evacuation from Orlando once. A normal 6 hour drive turned into 12 hours of driving and hunting for gas. I-75 was a complete bottlneck until the I-10 intersection.
titan
S
MouthBQ98 said:

Dems absolutely don't understand economics, that much is apparent.

A hurricane destroys wealth/capitol, and creates temporary demand and shortages in its aftermath, much like the Democrat party, in fact. They are a local/regional inflationary pressure in the short term. Policies must take that into account.
They don't worry about it because they can always steal someone else's money and they are not affected by economic chaos or crime.
Houston Lee
AG
akm91 said:

Gotcha. I did an evacuation from Orlando once. A normal 6 hour drive turned into 12 hours of driving and hunting for gas. I-75 was a complete bottlneck until the I-10 intersection.
Just imagine if you had an Electric Vehicle.
akm91
AG
David Wallace said:

akm91 said:

Just imagine if you had an Electric Vehicle.
Yeah, that sealed the deal for me that I'd have at least one gas powered vehicle available at all times.
Sea Speed
AG
akm91 said:

Anyone involved in hurricane Rita evacuatuon is intimately familiar with evacuation traffic pain. Luckily we went north to 2920 and then west and avoided most of it, but people were stuck on 290 for days iirc.
Cromagnum
AG
Sea Speed said:

akm91 said:

Anyone involved in hurricane Rita evacuatuon is intimately familiar with evacuation traffic pain. Luckily we went north to 2920 and then west and avoided most of it, but people were stuck on 290 for days iirc.

That evacuation just boiled down to one thing: people are dumbasses.

Katrina just happened and people panicked, thinking Houston was going to be just like New Orleans was. You also had idiots that live 60-70 miles from the shore clogging up the highways and preventing coastal residents from getting out.
Sea Speed
AG
Yea I remember it was a giant ridiculous over reaction. My friends and I dubbed it hurricane margarita and spent alseveral days partying across Texas. Oh to be young and dumb again.
Cen-Tex
AG
Sea Speed said:

Yea I meant in the car and on the road now, client can deal until this blows over.
Smart to leave early. I evacuated Carrabelle, Fl. before Hurricane Michael hit several years ago. Went to Biloxi w/no problems. Glad I left after Carrabelle got a direct hit.
torrid
AG
Cromagnum said:

Sea Speed said:

akm91 said:

Katrina just happened and people panicked, thinking Houston was going to be just like New Orleans was. You also had idiots that live 60-70 miles from the shore clogging up the highways and preventing coastal residents from getting out.
Yeah, if you are not on the immediate coast find a spot that won't flood from rains. Get some food and plan to stay there a few days. Much better than being caught out in the open in a traffic jam with no gas.
titan
S
Cromagnum said:

Sea Speed said:

akm91 said:

OTOH, Hurricane Harvey showed that there IS real risk to Houston, but it comes more from if the hurricane is of the excessively saturated with rain type and slow moving, vs other types.
Premium
AG
Downed power lines = free electricity

/Teslag
MAROON
AG
Sea Speed said:

Yea I remember it was a giant ridiculous over reaction. My friends and I dubbed it hurricane margarita and spent alseveral days partying across Texas. Oh to be young and dumb again.
the reaction was caused by memories of Katrina, the fact that at one point Rita was the strongest hurricane to ever be recorded in the Gulf of Mexico, The local news media, and the local governments. Pretty sure Galveston County was put on a forced evacuation
The Collective
AG
HollywoodBQ said:

Not that he will want to ride it out, but the hotels there should be fairly safe. It will suck getting stuck there a few days though. Where is he staying in Tampa?
The Collective
AG
Looked at the forecast map closer, it sure seems like the slowdown is going to create dreadful flooding.
Teslag
AG
Premium said:

/Teslag

what a stupid post
Premium
AG
Teslag said:

Premium said:

/Teslag

what a stupid post

My biggest stock position is Tesla by a wide margin, love everything Elon. However, the fanboys thinking electric is viable in Texas, without Nuclear, are heads in the sand. Also, infrastructure will not be there for 30 years. That's best case scenario. I expect it to take 40-50 years to be universally possible. Filling up can't take more than 10 minutes and there need to be as many chargers per station as fuel pumps.

But even then, what is the incentive to build chargers when everyone "fills up" at home?
Teslag
AG
It's stupid because I've consistently said that EV's don't make sense for most car buyers and quite possibly never will.
fooz

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.