Virginia Catholic Bishop: 'No One' Is Transgender

31,031 Views | 707 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ramblin_ag02
Zobel
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Your religion focuses on a vengeful and wrathful God that will imprison all those who don't keep his version of morality forever in torment. That's not something I made up, it's the selling point for a good many of your fellow believers.

That's nothing remotely like the Christian faith, just so we're clear. It's a caricature at best.
Ag_of_08
AG
Read the Bible? Ever been to most protestant revivals? Read much from the catholic church historically?

Hate to tell you this, I left the church as an adult. I'm very well read both biblically and in the apocryphal texts, religious studies are a passion/hobby. There's nothing even vaguely a caricature about that. It's just a take that most people don't want to fess up to.

What part if it is not factual? Does your god not promise eternal damnation for unrepentant sinners, or not? You may see its forgiveness as kindness, but it's a kindness from an inflicted cruelty that's not necessary.

Zobel
AG
It's not correct, it's a lie by way of omission. It's wrong on multiple levels including some of the implicit assumptions like "versions" of morality. These things are incompatible with any understanding of Christianity.

Describing God as vengeful and wrathful is at best an incomplete picture, but really it's just wrong. Those aren't His primary attributes - youd be far closer to the mark simply describing Him as Love, or the most frequent way He is described as compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in loving devotion. Jesus is not vengeful or wrathful, and He is the exact image of God. What does God look like? The Man dead on the cross for people He loves.

There have been numerous discussions on hell, and choice, and free will, but suffice to say there is no "imprisonment" or cruelty on God's part.

If your knowledge of Christianity allows you to believe that what you have written is in any way a correct understanding and not a caricature, it is lacking indeed.
Redstone
AG
Do we believe in science or not? Catholics absolutely do, as its methods and investigations reveal the wonder of creation, logos (reason and order) that lead us to Logos.

So, for those who bought into the Gnostic lie of "transitioning," how were the X and Y chromosomes transformed?

We were given our bodies as a gift, a reflection of the Logos that originated us. Let's follow science, which is a Christian tool: how were the chromosomes changed? Or are we being asked to participate in a ridiculous and obvious lie?
Quad Dog
AG
There are a lot more to human beings than what chromosomes say.
Edit to add: there probably is some chromosome component that determines trans or not, but it's probably not completely determined by the 23rd pair that determines sex .
Redstone
AG
Sure, most especially the spirit that our body envelops.

My point is a narrow one regarding sex (or its synonym gender, as the wholly absurd Dr. John Money did massive damage in many ways, including to his patients)

This point is: chromosomes provide genetic material. These are very easy to identify, and consistent in function across time and environment with regards to sex. Do we believe in science, or not?
Quad Dog
AG
Redstone said:

Do you believe a spirit can have a gender? If yes, what happens if a spirit's gender didn't match the body's sex?
Redstone
AG
"Transition" nonsense is the oldest, quite literally, category of sin:

Pride, the utterly failed belief that humans can be like God is.

Wrong. You were given your biology. We always have choices in life, especially to embrace sin or not, but never anything approaching "full choice" : who has ever decided when and where to be born? Sex is EXACTLY the same. You received it, and now can live a life of theosis to Logos, or away from the divine.

Those who seek to be as God is should stop, immediately. This includes me, a sinner, as well as every single person who buys into the total lie of "transition."
Redstone
AG
I believe what the Church has taught for 2,000 years, which is that spirit is not gendered but may be so, as when God incarnated as the man Christ.

In this revealing of His holy Trinitarian self, the masculine exists as He is the instigator who initiates salvation. Our Church is in feminine terms because the Church is the recipient of salvation.
Joe Boudain
Uhhhh.....did I just make a new best friend?
Ag_of_08
AG
Redstone said:

My point is a narrow one regarding sex (or its synonym gender, as the wholly absurd Dr. John Money did massive damage in many ways, including to his patients)

This point is: chromosomes provide genetic material. These are very easy to identify, and consistent in function across time and environment with regards to sex. Do we believe in science, or not?

So how do you explain chromosomes existing that do not fit into xy or xx? How bout xxy? Yelling about trans people and chromosomes complicates your stance even more.
Ag_of_08
AG
Zobel said:

It's not correct, it's a lie by way of omission. It's wrong on multiple levels including some of the implicit assumptions like "versions" of morality. These things are incompatible with any understanding of Christianity.

Describing God as vengeful and wrathful is at best an incomplete picture, but really it's just wrong. Those aren't His primary attributes - youd be far closer to the mark simply describing Him as Love, or the most frequent way He is described as compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in loving devotion. Jesus is not vengeful or wrathful, and He is the exact image of God. What does God look like? The Man dead on the cross for people He loves.

There have been numerous discussions on hell, and choice, and free will, but suffice to say there is no "imprisonment" or cruelty on God's part.

If your knowledge of Christianity allows you to believe that what you have written is in any way a correct understanding and not a caricature, it is lacking indeed.

Your beliefs are founded in salvation through a brutal murder...

And I'm sorry I must have misunderstood the concept of hell, I was unaware these sinners you believe will be placed there are free to leave? Clearly if it's not imprisonment, entrapment, or whatever other term you wish to apply to it, it's optional? Or is it as I said.... optional if you choose to live on earth by certain laws, otherwise, to the pit you go. Matthew 25:41( for the argument about the burning imagery), Mark 9:43.. there are plenty of other imagery of the painful end waiting for those who chose not to.embrace your godhead...

I spent my youth and young adulthood scouring the Bible as a way to close out the hatred I heard preached in the pulpit. I believed truly that I would find this love you speak of. It is conditional love, with a terrible wrath for those who do not meet the conditions.

Redstone
AG
You need to think this through a bit more.

Klinefelter et al. point directly to sex binary - including the extremely rare intersex. What do the presence of such anomalies (those persons whom deserve our compassion, without question) say about well over 99% of births?

And in the case of Klinefelter - the medical community, and the government, writes "male" an awful lot, correct?
Ag_of_08
AG
Redstone said:

You need to think this through a bit more.

Klinefelter et al. point directly to sex binary - including the extremely rare intersex. What do the presence of such anomalies (those persons whom deserve our compassion, without question) say about well over 99% of births?

And in the case of Klinefelter - the medical community, and the government, writes "male" an awful lot, correct?

The govt writes female on my DL and paperwork everytime they speak of me, you might want to reconsider that qualifier.

Rarity is not a litmus test for existence. Have you done chromosomal analysis of every trans person in existence? How commong do you think the testing that could prove any form of intersexuality actually is?
Redstone
AG
If you were born a male then you are a male, exactly as a forensic anthropologist could very easily determine from your remains.

My point about government and medical community writing of your example supports both objective reality (MALE) and the occasional recognition of it. That we've entered fantasy and pretend time is unfortunate. And objective reality endures.

You know who does lots of analysis? Forensic anthropologists. Does this SCIENTIFIC profession believe someone has "transitioned" as an objective reality?
Zobel
AG

Quote:

Your beliefs are founded in salvation through a brutal murder...
Are you trying to prove the point that you're oversimplifying things?

And yes - human sin was solved through further sin. One of the most oft repeated themes in scripture is that some people do things they intend for evil and God intends it (and all things) for good. Is this somehow an indictment for a loving God? That He chose to save people through and despite their own evil, even toward Him?
Quote:

And I'm sorry I must have misunderstood the concept of hell, I was unaware these sinners you believe will be placed there are free to leave? Clearly if it's not imprisonment, entrapment, or whatever other term you wish to apply to it, it's optional? Or is it as I said.... optional if you choose to live on earth by certain laws, otherwise, to the pit you go. Matthew 25:41( for the argument about the burning imagery), Mark 9:43.. there are plenty of other imagery of the painful end waiting for those who chose not to.embrace your godhead...
It seems you must have. "Hell" or the abyss is not intended for humans and never was. People aren't "placed" there, and yes, they are their of their own option. This entire premise reveals a kind of simplistic thinking that I can't really comprehend. These are childish arguments about complex things. I wouldn't accept such shallow thinking in engineering or business discussions, let alone in matters as weighty as this.

It has nothing to do with choosing to live by certain laws, unless you are also agreeable to saying that avoiding death by not jumping off of buildings is you choosing to live by the law of gravity. Salvation is ontological, it is the result of who you choose to become, and ultimately people choose of their own free will to be come divinized or demonized. No one can choose it but them, and it is as immutable and consequential as choosing whether to leap off of a building.

Quote:

I spent my youth and young adulthood scouring the Bible as a way to close out the hatred I heard preached in the pulpit. I believed truly that I would find this love you speak of. It is conditional love, with a terrible wrath for those who do not meet the conditions.
You may have heard hatred preached from the pulpit. I can't do anything about that. But if you think of God, and can imagine Him with conditional love for humans and terrible wrath based on some silly, simplistic human ideas of conditions - what you were taught is simply incompatible with the Christian faith. I don't doubt that you were taught this. I'm telling you what you have in your mind is a ridiculous caricature of the reality.
Zobel
AG
This is a kind of motte and bailey fallacy. I think most people are willing to accept that there are some gray areas. I don't see how the situation of a person who is xxy can be generalized to a person who is normal when it comes to genetic sex.

It's not dissimilar to the arguments about rape and incest in the cases of abortion, when the vast, vast majority of abortions have nothing to do with that.
Redstone
AG
Related and relevant:

"A trans person" does not exist. This is a category of mind, and a delusion.

The person obviously exists as a category of reality. And their gender exists as a category of reality, alongside the SCIENTIFICALLY VERIFIABLE application of an objective and measurable process in gestation to the person, producing an observable and easily identifiable sex / gender (synonyms).

Do not positively affirm ridiculous lies. To do so is a lack of charity. Tell the truth.
Ag_of_08
AG
The level of semantics, twisting, and sidestepping that was required for you to fundamentally prove my point was hilarious. You accuse me of over simplifying, I would accuse you of the opposite, overcomplicating and being willfully ignorant of the simple nature of your religion.

To you it is a complex outpouring of some mystical love, to those looking in without mysticism, it is a brutal and cruel religion. Most abrahamic religions, or religions that demand obeisance for the promise of a good after life are.

I think this conversation has run its course, you've insulted me a couple times, and I you, and we neither one are going to make the other see the point.
Zobel
AG
I didn't intend to insult you and I'm not sure that I did. At any rate, I sincerely apologize for insulting you.

Even in your final post you can't say anything other than an unfounded assertion that it is a brutal and cruel religion. That simply does not compute with a faith which at its simplest and most basic point is about loving self-sacrifice.
Stasco
AG
PacifistAg,

I have never met you, but I have seen much of your posting before, and I have read through this whole thread trying to better understand your experience. I also read through the four parts of your blog post. It is clear that you have suffered greatly. I thank God that you have not carried through, in the depth of your pain, with the urge to end your own life. Because, as I am sure you will agree, you are beloved by God. Every part of you, every hair on your head.

What came through in your blog posts was the intense self-hatred that you felt. I was sad to read about it. I know that the Sacred Heart of Jesus was infinitely more grieved and sorrowful than I could ever be to see that pain and suffering in you. I am no psychologist, but I fear that pain and self-hatred still exists, and has only been papered over. To escape that pain, you have created a new identity for yourself. You created Natalie. And Natalie is a new person, in the Greek sense of the word - a mask through which you present yourself to the world. You created Natalie so that you could kill <your birth name>. I know that you cringe to see that name, and I don't use it lightly, or to hurt you. That cringe is your old self-hatred revealing itself again.

For posting your birth name here, I may be accused of dead-naming you. But doesn't that just reveal the truth in what I already said? You have tried to kill and bury your old identity. I can't say that I blame you or judge you for it. I have never walked in your shoes, but I believe you when you describe the agony you have felt throughout your life. I can believe that it would come as a relief to feel that you have escaped from the person you so hated in yourself.

But if you know anything about Sacred Scripture, you know that Christ's perfect mercy is restorative, not palliative. He came here, and took the form of a man, and hung dying and broken on the cross not so that He could cover over your wounds or anesthetize them, but so that you could be healed. Because He loves YOU, <redacted>. You were made perfectly in the image and likeness of God. He who knew you before He formed you in the womb. He who breathed life into you, and loved you from the beginning. You are a masterpiece.

It is good that you seek to serve Christ. As should we all. But notice in Scripture that before Christ sends anyone else out on a mission, He first calls them in to Himself. He is calling you in.
aquarian
SMH
As a man is, so he sees. - William Blake
PacifistAg
AG
Stasco,

With all due respect, that was a lot of words and unqualified psychological analysis when a simple "I don't know you, nor do I understand who you are" would have sufficed.
Quote:

What came through in your blog posts was the intense self-hatred that you felt. I was sad to read about it. I know that the Sacred Heart of Jesus was infinitely more grieved and sorrowful than I could ever be to see that pain and suffering in you. I am no psychologist, but I fear that pain and self-hatred still exists, and has only been papered over. To escape that pain, you have created a new identity for yourself. You created Natalie. And Natalie is a new person, in the Greek sense of the word - a mask through which you present yourself to the world. You created Natalie so that you could kill James Natalie. I know that you cringe to see that name, and I don't use it lightly, or to hurt you. That cringe is your old self-hatred revealing itself again.
No, that pain and self-hatred certainly does not exist anymore. You can ask those closest to me, the same people who actually know me. I didn't "create" a new identity to mask over pain. I embraced who I am, and the pain/self-hatred went away.

Also, please do not use my deadname. It makes no sense, as it is not even my legal name. My legal name is Natalie, although I'd prefer you just use "PacifistAg" on here instead of bringing identifying information onto the board. Someone on this board had attempted to doxx me before, so I'd appreciate if you'd keep that information off this board.

Quote:

For posting your birth name here, I may be accused of dead-naming you. But doesn't that just reveal the truth in what I already said? You have tried to kill and bury your old identity. I can't say that I blame you or judge you for it. I have never walked in your shoes, but I believe you when you describe the agony you have felt throughout your life. I can believe that it would come as a relief to feel that you have escaped from the person you so hated in yourself.
No, it doesn't reveal any specific truth here. The term "deadname" is not one I chose. It's simply the term that is used. It has no deeper meaning beyond that it is the name of our pre-transition selves. I haven't tried burying my old identity. I'm largely the same person I have always been, I have the same interests as before, my faith is deeper than before. I'm simply just living as the person I've always been, but had to mask.

Oh, and you'll be accused of deadnaming because that's exactly what you did.
Quote:

But if you know anything about Sacred Scripture, you know that Christ's perfect mercy is restorative, not palliative. He came here, and took the form of a man, and hung dying and broken on the cross not so that He could cover over your wounds or anesthetize them, but so that you could be healed. Because He loves YOU, James Natalie. You were made perfectly in the image and likeness of God. He who knew you before He formed you in the womb. He who breathed life into you, and loved you from the beginning. You are a masterpiece.
Okay, again, I want to stress that you stop deadnaming me. Not only is is disrespectful, given what's happened on this board before, it poses a risk to me. Stop.

And yes, I am the beautifully and wonderfully made daughter of the King. I was formed in the womb, and was born a transgender woman. I don't believe I am a mistake.

Quote:

It is good that you seek to serve Christ. As should we all. But notice in Scripture that before Christ sends anyone else out on a mission, He first calls them in to Himself. He is calling you in, James Natalie.
There so much self-righteousness here. You know nothing of me, my faith, or my calling in Christ. Please stop deadnaming me. Please stop offering unsolicited, and grossly unqualified, psychoanalysis that is rooted solely in a few blog posts you read.
PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

You created Natalie so that you could kill James Natalie. I know that you cringe to see that name, and I don't use it lightly, or to hurt you. That cringe is your old self-hatred revealing itself again.

For posting your birth name here, I may be accused of dead-naming you.
Btw, I just want to address this more specifically. You know that I cringe at seeing my old name. You even link it to old "self-hatred". You seem to understand that deadnaming a trans person is an offensive action. Yet, you do so repeatedly throughout your post. Do you honestly expect me to engage with someone who starts the engagement with what is essentially "I am going to offend you and repeatedly insult you, but just hear me out..."?

I don't demand you agree with my transition. Quite frankly, the disapproval of random strangers online is meaningless to me. It has no bearing on my faith in Christ, nor my love for others. But I'll offer a word of advice. If you wish to engage with me, or basically any trans person, you don't get to demand we do it on your terms. You're the one trying to convince and persuade us. You don't get to dictate how it's done, as your current disrespectful approach will just result in ending the engagement before it starts. We aren't required to listed to your unqualified psychological opinions.
Joe Boudain
Very very insightful post. Thank you for sharing this as it said what I wished to convey much more eloquently than I was able.
PacifistAg
AG
Joe Boudain said:

Very very insightful post. Thank you for sharing this as it said what I wished to convey much more eloquently than I was able.
It's not insightful. You just agree with it. Any trans person or any psychological professional can tell you there's nothing insightful about it. It's just a bunch of fluff to hide that he doesn't know anything about gender dysphoria or trans people.
Joe Boudain
PacifistAg said:

Joe Boudain said:

It's not insightful. You just agree with it. Any trans person or any psychological professional can tell you there's nothing insightful about it. It's just a bunch of fluff to hide that he doesn't know anything about gender dysphoria or trans people.
You don't get to tell me where I find insight, and the reason you agree with the trans people and the psychologists who affirm your belief is that they agree with you; so at worst we're in the same boat.

I think the entire shift leftward recently has been done at the behest of culture and not science. Redstone made a great point earlier; if an archeologist were to examine the bones of a transperson; what sex would he believe they were? That points to the reality of the situation.
PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

You don't get to tell me where I find insight, and the reason you agree with the trans people and the psychologists who affirm your belief is that they agree with you; so at worst we're in the same boat.
You're right. You are free to find insight in unqualified opinions. And it's not just psychologists that "affirm my belief". It's every major medical association, so yeah, I will find insight in the statements of actual qualified professionals as opposed to people who start their psychological analysis with "I'm no psychologist". But you do you.
Joe Boudain
PacifistAg said:

Quote:

You're right. You are free to find insight in unqualified opinions. And it's not just psychologists that "affirm my belief". It's every major medical association, so yeah, I will find insight in the statements of actual qualified professionals as opposed to people who start their psychological analysis with "I'm no psychologist". But you do you.
It's a very recent change, that has not come at the behest of any sort of new scientific discovery, but rather the forced warping of reality to suit a social agenda.

Arguing with people who advocate the trans agenda are like arguing with flat earthers; they are completely dug in and have all sorts of fact and data to argue their case with and ambush the everyday joe who naively believes "males are men and females are women"
PacifistAg
AG
Oh the scary "trans agenda". Gasp!
Joe Boudain
PacifistAg said:

Oh the scary "trans agenda". Gasp!
It is absolutely scary when the same agenda is rationally discussing allowing young children to chemically castrate themselves, or cut their genitals off, and removing them from their parents if they don't let them do so.

What isn't scary about that?
PacifistAg
AG
Boo!
Stasco
AG
PacifistAg,

The only reason I posted your birth name here is because you included it in the blog post that you linked here and invited us to read. That's the only reason I even know your name, and I assumed since you published it there you would not consider it "doxxing" to use it here. Since you have requested I not use it, I'll edit my post above.

God bless you, and good luck.
one MEEN Ag
AG
PacifistAg said:

Quote:

I would caution being so proud of those groups endorsements.

Individual psychologist opinion /= psychology association formal stance.

The formal stances of associations are always going to be more liberal because it would equate to walling off that section of mental states/disorders from practice if they weren't. The DSM-5 is criticized for being way too disorder happy. The are still countering from the old school DSM's calling homosexuality a mental disorder.

Psychologists are in the practice of mental health, not directly confronting morality. There's a couple chilling factors on any psychologist coming out on hot button topics, especially transgenderism.

-States have gotten in the way by limiting psychologists in how they approach transgender clients or that they are forced to be transgender affirming regardless of the context.
-Academia is extremely liberal, vengeful, and petty. You don't get tenure by announcing anything close to conservative views on life, marriage, or religion. Even though ironically, descriptive longitudinal studies repeatedly show that conservatives are more happy and content with their lives regardless of their success or circumstance. But they refuse to dive any deeper into it.
-You do get tenure in academia by promoting fringe theories, rigging stats, and focusing on extremely narrow subsects of society. So its in the interest to promote those things in a good light.
-There are a bunch of different types of psychologists as well as areas of expertise as well. School psychologists are different than educational, counseling, or clinical. Each have different factors influencing their public stances. A clinic isn't going to stand up to the PR blast if they find out that there is a section of trans people regret their decision. A counseling psych who sees trends and makes a statement is going to get torn up for being anecdotal. And a PsyD is different than a PhD.

Two of the biggest concerns specific to transgender mental health in a psychologists world (beyond keeping your license and not getting sued), is navigating hormone therapy for clients under 18 and dealing with a sky high suicide rate. Two ways to easily get sued by regretful clients or angry family members. What winds up happening is that psychologists who don't want the liability or don't care to specialize in this problem refer out. So the psychologists who are the 'experts' are also the biggest cheerleaders of transgenderism. Critics usually find the door at some point. So you're going to find the megaphones are handed out to those who are endorsing of transgenderism, while the critics have been silenced through one tactic or another.

PacifistAg
AG
Thank you. And I don't consider you using it here to be doxxing. I don't want it used here because a bigot here tried to doxx me. Especially now that we know there are people like that, or people who admittedly respect the Taliban and would have me thrown in prison simply for being trans, I'd prefer that both my real name and deadname not be used here. There's a ton of crazy out there, and I don't trust people like that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.