Virginia Catholic Bishop: 'No One' Is Transgender

30,986 Views | 707 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ramblin_ag02
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Yep, I've transitioned.
Which means? I highly doubt that you have become a woman.

Your question reveals that you're not remotely educated enough on the subject to discuss. And I've always been a woman.

I love when dishonest trolls reveal they're ignorant on a subject.
Martin Q. Blank
PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Yep, I've transitioned.

Your question reveals that you're not remotely educated enough on the subject to discuss. And I've always been a woman.

Instead of mocking me and calling me names, you could simply answer the question to reveal your position. If you've always been a woman, then, again you never transitioned.
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Yep, I've transitioned.

Instead of mocking me and calling me names, you could simply answer the question to reveal your position. If you've always been a woman, then, again you never transitioned.

I mock you because you've displayed a long history of being a dishonest troll. I have no interest in doing the homework for dishonest trolls. The problem isn't a conflict in my statement, but in your ignorance on the topic.
Redstone
AG
A denial of an objective reality - especially extremely obvious ones about the gift of a body - is fundamentally a denial of reality itself, the Divine Person of Christ.
Martin Q. Blank
PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Yep, I've transitioned.

I mock you because you've displayed a long history of being a dishonest troll. I have no interest in doing the homework for dishonest trolls. The problem isn't a conflict in my statement, but in your ignorance on the topic.
Ok, stick to name calling. My research has concluded that you're still a man and have not transitioned to a woman.
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Yep, I've transitioned.

Ok, stick to name calling. My research has concluded that you're still a man and have not transitioned to a woman.

"Research" lol

Run along, troll.
Redstone
AG
Evil is a violation of God's will and an abuse of the good properties of the nature God has created.

Evil arises when the free will of a being abuses the gift of the body and the spirit.

Evil acts that become a habit - for example, counseling children to consume sterilizing hormones - are disordered passions and if the evildoer does not fight them they will corrupt his nature.

Such sin produces death, both temporal and eternal. And yet Creator does not wish His creation perish, and it is for this reason that He forbids evil.

Those who advocate harm to children, viewable on this thread -
Repent.
Martin Q. Blank
PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Yep, I've transitioned.

"Research" lol
Yes, research. Changing your cheekbones does not make you a woman.
PacifistAg
AG
Quote:

Repent.

Yes, Redstone, please repent for the harm you want to do to trans children. I'm glad you see the need for you to do so.
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Yep, I've transitioned.

"Research" lol

Agreed. If your "research" led you to thinking that that's what transition means, then you need to find sources who know what they're talking about. So not charlatans and bigots like Abigail Shrier.
Martin Q. Blank
PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Yep, I've transitioned.

"Research" lol

Agreed. If your "research" led you to thinking that that's what transition means, then you need to find sources who know what they're talking about. So not charlatans and bigots like Abigail Shrier.
I've asked you what you think transition means. You won't tell me. I don't even think you know as it's a moving target. Or maybe it's a theory that's so full of holes that you don't want to post it.
Sapper Redux
Redstone said:

A denial of an objective reality - especially extremely obvious ones about the gift of a body - is fundamentally a denial of reality itself, the Divine Person of Christ.

You're forcing your theology into extremely complicated physiological and neurological systems that don't easily break into dichotomies.
Dr. Venkman
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

I knew of a scientist who studied the effect of negative reinforcement on ESP ability. He used electric shocks.

He eventually lost his grant because his methods were sloppy and conclusions highly questionable. I wouldn't call it torture though.
I resemble that!
Sapper Redux
Redstone said:

Evil is a violation of God's will and an abuse of the good properties of the nature God has created.

Evil arises when the free will of a being abuses the gift of the body and the spirit.

Evil acts that become a habit - for example, counseling children to consume sterilizing hormones - are disordered passions and if the evildoer does not fight them they will corrupt his nature.

Such sin produces death, both temporal and eternal. And yet Creator does not wish His creation perish, and it is for this reason that He forbids evil.

Repent.

Every recommendation I've seen you make results in harm to children. Significant harm. So, go repent.
PacifistAg
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Yep, I've transitioned.

"Research" lol

I've asked you what you think transition means. You won't tell me. I don't even think you know as it's a moving target. Or maybe it's a theory that's so full of holes that you don't want to post it.
LOL yes, you got me. I have no clue what it means to transition. Or, it could be that for years you've shown yourself to be a dishonest troll who has absolutely zero desire to engage in a fruitful discussion. I have no obligation to indulge you in your sinful approach to people. You want to understand what it means to be transgender or to transition? Then do your homework. You don't get to demand that someone you've been obsessed with for years do the heavy lifting for you, especially when you don't sincerely seek to grow in understanding.
Martin Q. Blank
PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

PacifistAg said:

Yep, I've transitioned.

"Research" lol

LOL yes, you got me. I have no clue what it means to transition. Or, it could be that for years you've shown yourself to be a dishonest troll who has absolutely zero desire to engage in a fruitful discussion. I have no obligation to indulge you in your sinful approach to people. You want to understand what it means to be transgender or to transition? Then do your homework. You don't get to demand that someone you've been obsessed with for years do the heavy lifting for you, especially when you don't sincerely seek to grow in understanding.
A man who thinks he's a woman tells me I need to grow in understanding.

How about just post a link if you can't summarize in a few sentences?
Martin Q. Blank
Dr. Venkman said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

I knew of a scientist who studied the effect of negative reinforcement on ESP ability. He used electric shocks.

He eventually lost his grant because his methods were sloppy and conclusions highly questionable. I wouldn't call it torture though.
I resemble that!
PacifistAg
AG
Sapper Redux said:

Redstone said:

Repent.

Every recommendation I've seen you make results in harm to children. Significant harm. So, go repent.
Yep. He doesn't care though. He doesn't care that his approach...that his contempt...for trans children only harms them. If it were just him ranting bigoted things about a group he doesn't remotely understand, or if he were just spouting off already debunked "studies", then he would be easy to ignore. Instead, as he's made it clear, he wants to use violence against trans children, their parents, and their doctors. He wants to use the coercive and violent state to interfere with the medical decisions of strangers. He believes that nutjobs like Lauren Boebert know how to better care for a patient than that child's doctor and every major medical association.

What he doesn't understand, though, is that if you give people like Lauren Boebert the power to deny internationally supported medical decisions for other's children, then you also give people like AOC to the same power. So, not only is someone like Redstone a threat to trans children (not even touching on his obsession with their genitalia and his inability to see them as anything other than breeders), he's a threat to all people because he seeks to empower the state to interfere with everyone's medical decisions.
Redstone
AG
Notice, posters and readers, the many times I've identified advocacy of pumping children and adolescents with sterilizing hormones, including directly to a child recently....

is fully accurate. And even celebrated by some as a type of progress.

Despite all the bluster and de-evolution of terms into therapeutic, soothing terminology ...

Here is the reality. And those who do not want to see this happen, including you, are somehow the ones enamored with the private parts of "breeders."
AGC
AG
Sapper Redux said:

Redstone said:

You're forcing your theology into extremely complicated physiological and neurological systems that don't easily break into dichotomies.

This is a materialist answer. It works for materialists. It does not work for Christians. The spiritual isn't separate from the physical.
Sapper Redux
AGC said:

Sapper Redux said:

Redstone said:

This is a materialist answer. It works for materialists. It does not work for Christians. The spiritual isn't separate from the physical.

My answer is based on decades of work in neuroscience, endocrinology, physiology, etc… Apparently the reality of biological complexity is too hard to fit in your theology, so you just toss it for the theology? Ever think maybe your understanding of the metaphysics is wrong instead?
AGC
AG
Sapper Redux said:

AGC said:

Sapper Redux said:

Redstone said:

My answer is based on decades of work in neuroscience, endocrinology, physiology, etc… Apparently the reality of biological complexity is too hard to fit in your theology, so you just toss it for the theology? Ever think maybe your understanding of the metaphysics is wrong instead?

So not history?

Edit: sources????
Sapper Redux
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6677266/
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-17352-8

Wikipedia in this case has a good overview of the studies that have been done.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexuality
AGC
AG
Those don't say what you think they say, nor do they actually address some of the bigger issues; namely neuroplasticity. They also leave out nurture (childhood background, etc.). Some really big holes to just study a brain and project that reality back in time when we know it changes and is affected by so much.
PacifistAg
AG
Sapper Redux said:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6677266/
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-017-17352-8

Wikipedia in this case has a good overview of the studies that have been done.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Causes_of_transsexuality

Yep. But those that peddle myths like ROGD have no interest in the actual science. If they cared about the science, they wouldn't peddle myths like ROGD and autogynephilia.

Thanks for sharing.
Sully Dog
Wikipedia? Seriously dude?
Deplorable Neanderthal Clinger
PacifistAg
AG
Sully Dog said:

Wikipedia? Seriously dude?

See those tiny numbers at the end of a sentence? Just a heads up, since you seem to be unaware, but those are citations. Click on them and it'll give you the source study that you can read in full.
Sapper Redux
AGC said:

Those don't say what you think they say, nor do they actually address some of the bigger issues; namely neuroplasticity. They also leave out nurture (childhood background, etc.). Some really big holes to just study a brain and project that reality back in time when we know it changes and is affected by so much.

Nurture has been studied for decades. It's not nurture. And "neuroplasticisty"? By all means, provide your sources claiming the pathway for changes leading to gender dysphoria in a significant population.
AGC
AG
Sapper Redux said:

AGC said:

Nurture has been studied for decades. It's not nurture. And "neuroplasticisty"? By all means, provide your sources claiming the pathway for changes leading to gender dysphoria in a significant population.

Nothing you've posted refutes any of what I said, nor the established understanding of the brain we have. A lack of studies or evidence doesn't in any way invalidate the 'decades' of understanding we have of brains changing and rewiring. It's a well understood mechanism that we deal with as we try to rehabilitate trafficked girls. It doesn't go away just because the studies don't exist.
PacifistAg
AG
So he has no evidence that neuroplasticity leads to gender dysphoria, and it's based entirely on his own theory. But apparently the studies showing different brain structure are not valid.

That's priceless.
Sapper Redux
AGC said:

Sapper Redux said:

AGC said:

Nothing you've posted refutes any of what I said, nor the established understanding of the brain we have. A lack of studies or evidence doesn't in any way invalidate the 'decades' of understanding we have of brains changing and rewiring. It's a well understood mechanism that we deal with as we try to rehabilitate trafficked girls. It doesn't go away just because the studies don't exist.

So you don't have studies. You're just projecting your own poor grasp of neurology onto a subject and people you also grasp poorly. Got it. By all means, go to Harvard and Yale and let those brain scientists know that you have the secret to unlocking gender dysphoria. I'm sure you're full of ideas they've never considered in their long careers dealing with the mind.
AGC
AG
Sapper Redux said:

AGC said:

Sapper Redux said:

AGC said:

So you don't have studies. You're just projecting your own poor grasp of neurology onto a subject and people you also grasp poorly. Got it. By all means, go to Harvard and Yale and let those brain scientists know that you have the secret to unlocking gender dysphoria. I'm sure you're full of ideas they've never considered in their long careers dealing with the mind.

I'm not surprised RA denies that the brain rewires itself because his belief rests on a fixed neurological state since childhood to support itself.

Neuroplasticity is not a controversial topic at all. But how does one measure neuroplasticity over time with a single fixed point well after development of belief? You're asking for studies to demonstrate something that requires more than a snapshot in time. It's silly to ask for what you're asking but you're parading the stupidity of it around like a badge of honor.
PacifistAg
AG
Ah, here comes the purposeful misgendering because someone is angry they can't support their claims that neuroplasticity leads to gender dysphoria, while actively dismissing actual scientific studies.

It's why I refuse to engage with habitually dishonest people like him.
Sapper Redux
Neuroplasticisty has been studied for a long time, and there are plenty of experimental controls and proxies one can use. If your contention is in the smallest way scientifically plausible you've got to be able to point to some kind of actual data and research.
AGC
AG
Sapper Redux said:

Neuroplasticisty has been studied for a long time, and there are plenty of experimental controls and proxies one can use. If your contention is in the smallest way scientifically plausible you've got to be able to point to some kind of actual data and research.

That's actually not true. Something can be 'in the smallest way scientifically plausible' without being understood or known. Your knowledge of it has no bearing on whether it's true or not. So, yeah, you're again confusing a lack of evidence as evidence itself.

And again you're a materialist. You presuppose that nothing can change a person unless it's subject to the material realm. Even RA rejects this outright, or should if RA is a christian. God does more than simply confirm our self-belief; we conform to His image, not our own, imagined or otherwise.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.