Virginia Catholic Bishop: 'No One' Is Transgender

31,002 Views | 707 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ramblin_ag02
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All manner of things. Sometimes I just pray the Jesus prayer.
Redstone
AG
I will revive this thread periodically so that posters and lurkers can better understand the CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER of undue influence toward irreversible damage and sterilization (it's true, read the thread if you don't believe yet).

- https://www.dailysignal.com/2021/12/13/what-ive-learned-rescuing-my-daughter-from-her-transgender-fantasy/

- We have many testimonies. We will have many more . BE AWARE.
PacifistAg
AG
Anime and cosplay turned my kid trans!!!

Please keep reviving this thread. It's hilarious and puts your ignorance on the subject on full display.
Redstone
AG
I absolutely will be reviving it periodically.

So, what are some things to think about here?

How about the advocacy of sterilizing "treatments" FOR CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS toward the bottom of page 7?

CHECK IT OUT
Sapper Redux
There's nothing sterilizing about puberty blockers. There may be effects if a person uses puberty blockers and then follows up with long-term use of gender-affirming gonadotropin hormones (as opposed to the analogues). Delaying the release of puberty hormones itself is completely reversible.
Redstone
AG
That's not what I wrote.

Go to the reference.
Redstone
AG
Let me quote:

Quote:

Hormone therapy will, however. And yes, I do support this.
Sapper Redux
Redstone said:

Let me quote:

Quote:

Hormone therapy will, however. And yes, I do support this.

Cool. She's right. Your path leads to death.
Redstone
AG
So we now we are up to 2 posters advocating for a "treatment" that is STERILIZATION FOR CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS.

Parents and Caregivers:

Be aware.

Monitor those who would exert undue influence of such EVIL. Smart phones are a major tool of this.

The stories are many. Watch for patterns. Protect your children.
Sapper Redux
You don't seem to actually care about the people dealing with this. You just want them to fit in your theological bubble.
Redstone
AG
WRONG. I'm very glad Orthodox Jewish women are increasingly vocal about this quite literally Satanic enterprise, led of course by Abigail Shrier, who has gathered so many horrifying testimonies.
PacifistAg
AG
He doesn't care. He continues to peddle the debunked myth of ROGD. Abigail Shrier has simply found a way to profit off of trying to harm trans children, and people like Redstone gobble up her lies.

It's why he completely ignored the study that wholeheartedly refuted the junk "study" that Shier based he book on. It's why they rely on ignoring trans children, and instead base their entire perspective solely on the uniformed opinions of already non-affirming parents. They simply don't care about these kids.
diehard03
Quote:

You don't seem to actually care about the people dealing with this. You just want them to fit in your theological bubble.

I think it's 1 thing to be talking about a grown adult whos processing through it like Pacifist was. It's quite another when we are talking about an essentially unreliable narrator when it comes to a teenager.

You are correct on the fearmonger, that's a bit unnecessary. But, this is a topic where we have reached polar opposition because neither side will allow any common ground because it's perceived as giving in. So, both are entrenched in their "crazy".
Redstone
AG
Social contagion - especially of young girls terrified of puberty - is dismissed why? Because you say so? I very much hope people read up on it.

Exactly as they should read A.S.'s parental testimonies.

It is essential to recognize patterns - especially with advocates, including on this thread - FOR STERILIZING CHILDREN.
PacifistAg
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

I think it's 1 thing to be talking about a grown adult whos processing through it like Pacifist was. It's quite another when we are talking about an essentially unreliable narrator when it comes to a teenager.

You are correct on the fearmonger, that's a bit unnecessary. But, this is a topic where we have reached polar opposition because neither side will allow any common ground because it's perceived as giving in. So, both are entrenched in their "crazy".

Except Redstone ignores even people like me. But I was a trans child. I knew at 6. I would have given anything to grow up in a world that I had felt safe in.
Redstone
AG
Related, there will never be "common ground" regarding sterilizing "treatments."

Good.
Redstone
AG
I've said repeatedly on this thread compassion and concern are essential, including for you. For Catholics especially, that includes telling the truth, which is an act of charity.
PacifistAg
AG
Redstone said:

Social contagion - especially of young girls terrified of puberty - is dismissed why? Because you say so? I very much hope people read up on it.

Exactly as they should read A.S.'s parental testimonies.

It is essential to recognize patterns - especially with advocates, including on this thread - FOR STERILIZING CHILDREN.

Social contagion is dismissed because there's no evidence of it. The entire study it's based on didn't include a single interview with a trans child. It was a survey of non-affirming parental perceptions. It was not grounded in reality. It was a study designed to get a specific result, which is why they only sought parents from notoriously anti-trans websites.

When a study, which I posted and you ignored, included interviews of trans children, you see that what appeared as "out of the blue" to parents was something being wrestled with for years by the child

AS is a bigoted hack profiting of the harm of children.
PacifistAg
AG
Redstone said:

I've said repeatedly on this thread compassion and concern are essential, including for you. For Catholics especially, that includes telling the truth, which is an act of charity.

You aren't telling the truth. You're ignoring relevant studies because you want to agree with Shrier. But her entire theory is based on junk "science".
diehard03
Quote:

Except Redstone ignores even people like me. But I was a trans child. I knew at 6. I would have given anything to grow up in a world that I had felt safe in.

Understood, and thanks for clarifying on your situation. You probably mentioned it and I failed to remember.

I will have to have someone explain that concept to me better - I have a household full of people around that age and I see nothing that says they are capable of processing that they are a trans child. Thats where I get lost in the discussion - assuming that a highly impressionable, semi-"blank slate" growing human is fundamentally a cis/trans/whatever by that young an age.

I am sure you have ample resources to share.
PacifistAg
AG
But sure, let me go do a survey of only Auburn fans so build an entire theory about Alabama fans. Based on your reach record, you'll buy into it as though it were remotely legitimate.
PacifistAg
AG
Thank you for being willing to at least listen and try to understand. If only Redstone and those like him exhibited such a Christ-like attitude.

When I get to the hotel and get my laptop out, I'll give you a more thorough response.
Redstone
AG
Once again the conflict of visions we detailed on the previous page.

Dishonesty regarding the gift of one's body is not Christ-like.

Advocacy of sterilization under the Satanic falsehood of "treatment" is not Christ-like.

Unless chromosomes are "transformed," the inherent gender and sex (synonyms) of a person is quite obvious to everyone, regardless of pretend time pronouns. And it is UNCHARITABLE to demand participation in a quite obvious falsehood.

This societal social contagion will eventually fade, after much damage, especially to young girls terrified of puberty.
PacifistAg
AG
Redstone said:

Once again the conflict of visions we detailed on the previous page.

Dishonesty regarding the gift of one's body is not Christ-like.

Advocacy of sterilization under the Satanic falsehood of "treatment" is not Christ-like.

Unless chromosomes are "transformed," the inherent gender and sex (synonyms) of a person is quite obvious to everyone, regardless of pretend time pronouns. And it is UNCHARITABLE to demand participation in a quite obvious falsehood.

This societal social contagion will eventually fade, after much damage, especially to young girls terrified of puberty.
Again, thank you for proving that 1) you don't have a ****ing clue what you're talking about, 2) that there's no point in trying to have a discussion with you on this, as you've bought into harmful lies and ignore all evidence to the contrary, 3) they are not synonyms, but you know that though and see point #2.

There's no such thing as a social contagion as it relates to trans kids. There are a lot of parents whose perceptions are flawed because their kids don't trust them enough to be honest with them. So when a parent is caught off guard with this revelation about their child, just remember that it's mostly an indictment on them as a parent. Keep buying into Abigail Shrier's bigoted assault against trans children that's rooted entirely in junk studies of non-affirming parental perceptions.

So you do you. I'll continue to advocate for trans children, and be overjoyed when they are able to be freed from much of the dysphoria that I had to suffer through as a teen and adult.
Redstone
AG
Obviously there's no point now.

The deeply evil "treatment" you've clearly articulated for - which leads directly to sterilization for children and adolescents, which I've quoted - makes sane discussion a bit of a reach, doesn't it?

That said, this thread will be periodically active as I occasion highlight the MANY regrets of a wholly false "transition" (unless, of course, the science is actually respected and chromosomes are changed).

Hopefully, in one of those revivals, you will bring joyous news of no longer advocating for the sterilization "treatment" of children and adolescents.
PacifistAg
AG
No, I'll continue to advocate for trans children, and protect them from people like you who wish nothing but harm upon them.

But keep clinging to your fundamentally flawed "studies" on trans people that doesn't actually involve a single trans person.
Sapper Redux
Redstone said:

I don't see an ounce of genuine compassion or concern for the actual humans dealing with this issue in your posts.
PacifistAg
AG
Sapper Redux said:

Redstone said:

I don't see an ounce of genuine compassion or concern for the actual humans dealing with this issue in your posts.

There is none. Not at all.

It's why he only clings to a study that involved ZERO trans people. It's why he doesn't listen to the only trans person on this thread. He doesn't care about trans people, and purposely excludes their voices. If he had genuine compassion for trans kids, or trans people in general, then he'd want to understand us. But he's too busy calling us Satanic and clinging to a bigot's book.
Redstone
AG
"Treatment" for children and adolescents involving sterilization is not only evil, but deeply Satanic.

Curious, isn't it, how you both don't engage this directly. It's almost as if you understand how shameful and harmful it is.
Sapper Redux
Redstone said:

"Treatment" for children and adolescents involving sterilization is not only evil, but deeply Satanic.

Curious, isn't it, how you both don't engage this directly. It's almost as if you understand how shameful and harmful it is.

I'm engaging with you and your lack of understanding and respect for the people dealing with this issue. I leave decisions like that to the people, those closest to them, and their trained medical professionals. There are far worse things than not being able to reproduce. Suicide is one of them.
PacifistAg
AG
Sapper Redux said:

Redstone said:

I'm engaging with you and your lack of understanding and respect for the people dealing with this issue. I leave decisions like that to the people, those closest to them, and their trained medical professionals. There are far worse things than not being able to reproduce. Suicide is one of them.
Yep. On the one hand, you have every major medical association. On the other hand, you have a book based on a study of non-affirming parental perceptions. Redstone has chosen the anti-science route out of fear and contempt.
PacifistAg
AG
Redstone said:

I have engaged with it. I've shared things that refute virtually everything you've said. You simply ignore them because you are intellectually dishonest and grotesquely ignorant on the topic. You can't have a legitimate chess game with a pigeon who is just going to knock over all the pieces, crap all over the board, and declare the other side "satanic".
PacifistAg
AG
The thing is, Redstone has zero interest in understanding trans people. He has no interest in hearing our stories. He has no interest in reading or knowing anything that may challenge his preconceptions. So, instead, he puffs his chest, declares that we're satanic, and closes his ears to anything that doesn't conform to what he feels comfortable with. Even worse, he closes off his heart to that, which is why he displays such contempt for trans people, especially trans kids.

I know we have a close family friend with a trans child. The dad was actually my first Platoon Leader in the Army. Great guy! He and his wife were not anywhere close to "affirming". Their middle child was struggling. They were violent. They were talking openly about suicide. They were miserable. Their mom sat with them one night to really try to get to the bottom of the issue. Some things were said by the child (8 yr old at the time) that got the mom to start doing some research. The mom had just assumed that perhaps their AFAB child was a lesbian. Then the topic of Jazz Jennings came up (of course, Redstone grossly mischaracterizes Jazz earlier in the thread), and their child's eyes lit up. They said "you can do that?!" That's when the words were discovered that described what was going on inside. Now he's 12, happy, healthy, on testosterone, and just this amazing young man. His smile just shines.

But Redstone would rather a different outcome that doesn't result in a happy, healthy young man. Same with Abigail Shrier, JK Rowling, etc. They don't care about trans people, and would rather see trans people suffer.
Redstone
AG
Quote:

But Redstone would rather a different outcome that doesn't result in a happy, healthy young man. Same with Abigail Shrier, JK Rowling, etc. They don't care about trans people, and would rather see trans people suffer.

What a pathetic conclusion to a verbose pile of saying nothing much. Advocating for a early wave feminist or Catholic understanding of the human person means ….

You don't care!
What about the Safety!

Sure.

Sterilizing children and adolescents is wrong. That this could even be a "discussion" is itself a really sad commentary on how far our society has fallen.
PacifistAg
AG
Redstone said:

Quote:

What a pathetic conclusion to a verbose pile of saying nothing much. Advocating for a early wave feminist or Catholic understanding of the human person means ….

You don't care!
What about the Safety!

Sure.

Sterilizing children and adolescents is wrong. That this could even be a "discussion" is itself a really sad commentary on how far our society has fallen.
And you conveniently ignore every study, every medical association, and every story that doesn't conform to your bigoted anti-trans perspective. There is no discussion to be had with people like you. All that's needed is to protect children from people like you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.