Virginia Catholic Bishop: 'No One' Is Transgender

30,985 Views | 707 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ramblin_ag02
Redstone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Illness is a thief and steals time, optimism, pleasure, sense of self.

I have a very sincere sympathy for those suffering from gender dysphoria, Autogynephilia, child abuse trauma, fatherhood deficit, or any manner of a related illness.

We all carry burdens. Please unite these with the Suffering Savior.
Johnny04
Redstone said:

I have a very sincere sympathy for those suffering from gender dysphoria, Autogynephilia, child abuse trauma, fatherhood deficit, or any manner of a related illness.

Amen.
PacifistAg
AG
Lol autogynephilia...ROGD...man, y'all buy into anything
Redstone
AG
Let's value research....if I personally buy it.

Ok dude.
Redstone
AG
And by the way, J. Michael Bailey would probably not agree with me on very much, but I'm guessing he is a "bigot" also.
Sapper Redux
Redstone said:

Gender is an inherent gift from God, to be used for our theosis.

Its inherent aspect of our humanity is obvious and important, a major reason for the tenacity of seeking societal "approval" for all manner of freely chosen evil - from mutilations to "advocacy" of puberty blockers and hormone "therapy."

When we act against the moral law, which is a Divine Person, this inner turmoil tends to be projected outward. Much better to actually conform the human will to Christ, then to chase false Gnostic dreams and force others into pretend time pronouns.

These statements are always completely divorced from the very real, very debilitating problems people face and speak to a poster who has had a of life never having had to grapple with that kind of turmoil. No, trans people are just evil, demonic, wicked, a threat to women, etc, with no regard at all for the fact that life is more diverse and difficult than your cloistered theology.
Sapper Redux
Redstone said:

Funny how pathetically little sympathy you've demonstrated. Still haven't provided a research-backed alternative to transitioning for those with severe gender dysphoria.
Redstone
AG
Quote:

No, trans people are just evil, demonic, wicked, a threat to women, etc,

Stop being obtuse. I've been extremely clear about what is wicked:
ADVOCACY OF "TREATMENT" THAT STERILIZES AND MUTILATES MINORS.

Sapper Redux
Redstone said:

Quote:

No, trans people are just evil, demonic, wicked, a threat to women, etc,

Stop being obtuse. I've been extremely clear about what is wicked:
ADVOCACY OF "TREATMENT" THAT STERILIZES AND MUTILATES MINORS.

What's your opinion on trans people and restrooms? Or trans people and gender assignment?
Redstone
AG
Quote:

Still haven't provided a research-backed alternative to transitioning for those with severe gender dysphoria.

Wrong.

Aside from the fact that many with gender dysphoria resolve, including into an acceptance of homosexuality, which I've already detailed here, and that social contagion among young girls terrified about puberty is an extremely obvious and frequent occurrence, as has been the case in many forms for many centuries, I would especially highlight the work of Sons of St. Joseph, with whom I have firsthand experience of their excellent resources:
https://josephsciambra.com/
Redstone
AG
Quote:

What's your opinion on trans people and restrooms?
As with abortion and much else, I would ban it.
Practically, liberal democratic practices of local federalism, which the illiberal left does not like (otherwise, they would deride the judicial tyranny of Roe), and then an illiberal right will react to (not my ideal at all).

Quote:

Or trans people and gender assignment?
I would ban it.
Practically, no public funding and stay very far away from children.
Sapper Redux
Conversion therapy? Your answer is ****ing conversion therapy? Holy ***** You're not only not helping them, you're advocating something that does active harm.

Seriously, I thought your answer would be bad, but I didn't think it would be scraping-the-bottom-of-the-barrel, complete pseudoscience, horse**** bad. Might as well tell them to take Ivermectin to cure their gender dysphoria and carry healing crystals with them. Wait… that would be an improvement. I don't think Ivermectin or healing crystals lead to severe mental distress and suicidal ideation.
Sapper Redux
Redstone said:

Quote:

What's your opinion on trans people and restrooms?

As with abortion and much else, I would ban it.
Practically, liberal democratic practices of local federalism, which the illiberal left does not like (otherwise, they would deride the judicial tyranny of Roe), and then an illeberal right will react to (not my ideal at all).

Quote:

Or trans people and gender assignment?

I would ban it.
Practically, no public funding and stay very far away from children.

Thanks for proving my earlier statement correct.
Redstone
AG
Read the stories, watch the videos, and I'm always happy to discuss Sciambra's many successes.
Redstone
AG
Thanks for asking.

I hope you repent for the Satanic advocacy of sterilizing "treatments" to children.
Sapper Redux
Redstone said:

Read the stories, watch the videos, and I'm always happy to discuss Sciambra's many successes.

Oh, yes, I'm sure they have many "successes." It's a program that completely denies medicine and basic biology, but sure. Much success. I'm sure none of them are trying like hell to fit into a theological worldview while developing deep psychological problems due to the mismatch between what they know is true and what they want to be true.

Conversion therapy as practiced is often a form of torture. So enjoy that on your conscience.

https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/press/lgb-suicide-ct-press-release/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32657772/
PacifistAg
AG
Quote:

Conversion therapy as practiced is often a form of torture. So enjoy that on your conscience.

For people like Redstone, the torture isn't a bug, but a feature.
Martin Q. Blank
I knew of a scientist who studied the effect of negative reinforcement on ESP ability. He used electric shocks.

He eventually lost his grant because his methods were sloppy and conclusions highly questionable. I wouldn't call it torture though.
Sapper Redux
Martin Q. Blank said:

I knew of a scientist who studied the effect of negative reinforcement on ESP ability. He used electric shocks.

He eventually lost his grant because his methods were sloppy and conclusions highly questionable. I wouldn't call it torture though.

Well I'm glad we have your expertise on torture. I'll stick with the consensus of the scientists, medical experts, and lawyers, thanks.
Johnny04
You're quick to call out torture but can't see that these gender reassignment surgeries are barbaric by nature.100 years from now people will look at what is being done and be appalled.
Redstone
AG
So now the devolution of the word "torture."

Gentlemen, if you really think Catholic- (and Orthodox) based counseling is torture, then don't be surprised when such hysteria harms your "cause" once this fad finally burns out, which it will after much damage.

Language games and pretend time pronouns are silly and maybe even humorously tolerable.

Your advocacy for the literal sterilization of children and adolescents is not.
Martin Q. Blank
Sapper Redux said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Well I'm glad we have your expertise on torture. I'll stick with the consensus of the scientists, medical experts, and lawyers, thanks.
You must be a blast at all your leftist parties.

Sapper Redux
Martin Q. Blank said:

Sapper Redux said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

You must be a blast at all your leftist parties.

Not a fan of wine. I stick to beer and scotch, thanks.
Sapper Redux
Redstone said:

So now the devolution of the word "torture."

Gentlemen, if you really think Catholic- (and Orthodox) based counseling is torture, then don't be surprised when such hysteria harms your "cause" once this fad finally burns out, which it will after much damage.

Language games and pretend time pronouns are silly and maybe even humorously tolerable.

Your advocacy for the literal sterilization of children and adolescents is not.

Actively harming others is not a game. That's what you're advocating. And your comments about basic dignity towards trans people tells me you're not really worried about them as people. You're worried about advancing your personal theology.
Redstone
AG
You need to really think through both your ridiculous devolution of terms, and the relative descriptive power, literal and figurative of words. For example

"Harm"
Words in support of the Apostolic faith, including the grace and charity fully present for those suffering gender confusion, especially the Sacraments
V.
Hormones, the knife, ect. that can result in sterilization

Seriously, think it through.
Sapper Redux
Talk about devolution of terms.

I haven't seen either of these:
Quote:

grace and charity
towards trans people from you. Just theological judgement.
Martin Q. Blank
If we don't put all anorexic children on diets, we are not being gracious or charitable.
PacifistAg
AG
Yes, because skin cancer patients go through the exact same treatment as someone with a brain tumor.

Crazy how different problems have different solutions. Transitioning works. I know it's worked for me. It's worked my our friend's son. But the problem lies in the fact that bigots don't care what works. In fact, they seem to want trans people to suffer.

An update: the trans kid I had the zoom meeting with the other night has their first hormone treatment today! Good for them!
Martin Q. Blank

Quote:

Transitioning works. I know it's worked for me.
You didn't transition though, right?
PacifistAg
AG
Yep, I've transitioned.
Redstone
AG
Quote:

kid I had the zoom meeting with the other night has their first hormone treatment

You have influenced a child to evil.

Matthew 18.

I ask all who read about this abomination to pray for this child, and a direct intervention against this horrific abuse.

PacifistAg
AG
I'm sorry that this child is less likely to harm themselves now, which clearly upsets you. But thankfully their treatment plan is none of your business.
Redstone
AG
You have made your choice.

I pray for this child to escape such utterly demonic influences.

Now go read Matthew 18.
PacifistAg
AG
Matthew 18. What's that?!
Martin Q. Blank
PacifistAg said:

Yep, I've transitioned.
Which means? I highly doubt that you have become a woman.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.