Virginia Catholic Bishop: 'No One' Is Transgender

30,994 Views | 707 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by ramblin_ag02
AGC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PacifistAg said:

Ah, here comes the purposeful misgendering because someone is angry they can't support their claims that neuroplasticity leads to gender dysphoria, while actively dismissing actual scientific studies.

It's why I refuse to engage with habitually dishonest people like him.

For someone who wanted me to stop responding to them a few days ago this seems odd. We know statistically and from your self disclosed past you have comorbidities. They don't seem to have been quieted by your transition since you keep responding to every slight, perceived or real. I hope you ultimately find peace in your quest and I'm sorry it hasn't come fast enough to help you here.
nortex97
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

A Catechesis on the Human Person and Gender Ideology

https://www.arlingtondiocese.org/bishop/public-messages/2021/a-catechesis-on-the-human-person-and-gender-ideology/

For those struggling

Finally, a word to those struggling with gender dysphoria.

Every one of us has a struggle that is unique. But none of us should feel alone or abandoned in his or her struggles. Like many others, you may feel alienated from your body, as though you are supposed to have a different one. Please know that, although you may struggle with your body or self-image, God's unrelenting love for you means that He loves you in the totality of your body as well. Our basic obligation to respect and care for the body comes from the fact that your body is part of the person-you-whom God loves.

Be on guard against simplistic solutions that promise relief from your struggles by the change of name, pronouns, or even the appearance of your body. There are many who have walked that path before you only to regret it. The difficult but more promising path to joy and peace is to work with a trusted counselor, therapist, priest, and/or friend to come to an awareness of the goodness of your body and of your identity as male or female.

More than anything else, the Church desires to bring you the love of Jesus Christ Himself. That love is inseparable from the truth of who you are as one created in God's image, reborn as a child of God, and destined for His glory. Christ suffered for our sake, not to exempt us from all suffering but to be with us in the midst of those struggles. The Church is here to assist and accompany you on this journey, so that you will know the beauty of the body and soul that God gave you and come to enjoy "the glorious freedom of the children of God" (Rom 8:21).
I just clicked this thread this am, and believe this is probably true. I think a lot of people/kids are just mislead/coached into thinking certain things are 'right' nowadays and it is an insidious evil/demons that are pushing it.
PacifistAg
AG
Nope. Not remotely true. Probably best not to listen to someone on this topic when they don't even know what "transition" means.

Don't be so eager to swallow up laughable sources hook, line, and sinker simply because they may tickle your ears. Heck, Sapper posted links to actual studies that point to possible biological components to being transgender. If there's anything insidious/evil is the repeated pushing of myths like ROGD & autogynephilia which is used to harm trans people, especially trans kids.
Redstone
AG
Maybe researchers like J. Michael Bailey, a leftist by the way, are wrong.

But your dismissiveness - trust the Science! - is both pathetic and quite the betrayal of your supposed expertise.

Also, great to see parents in CA Spreckels USD push back so hard against the documented in detail predatory behavior of district employees.

Go watch the videos.
PacifistAg
AG
Speaking of people who are actively wanting to harm trans kids. You're evil. Repent.
Redstone
AG
You advocate for the mutilation of children.

Page 7 (bottom third).

Enjoy your judgment.
Redstone
AG
And go watch the USD videos.

You will lose.
PacifistAg
AG
Nah, trans kids aren't going to stop being trans. All you're going to do is harm them (which we all know is your goal), but people who care for them will continue to encourage and support them. Doctors will continue to support them according to internationally accepted treatment plans. It may result in families moving away from unqualified legislators making medical decisions, but the kids will find support even as bigots like you seek to harm them and sexualize them.

In the end, the science is on our side. It's why your side has to embrace easily debunked junk studies and myths.
Redstone
AG
Anyone naive to think these activists are not extremely interested in your children: Spreckels USD this week. Read about it. Watch the pushback.

You see their openness here. Let's be grateful for that.

But now you know - be aware and TELL THE TRUTH.
PacifistAg
AG
Okay. Flight about to take off, and it's a good stopping point. There's no point to continue with your bigotry and fixation on the genitals of children as you sexualize them.
PacifistAg
AG
Are you taking about the bad parents whose children don't trust them enough to be open with them? If so, thank goodness the school gives them a place of safety that their parents refuse to provide.

Bad parents...just sad.
Redstone
AG
Stop advocating for the sterilization of children and adolescents. That absolutely is an excellent point for our exchange to end.
Redstone
AG
You really want to have that discussion?

Are you even familiar with these details?
PacifistAg
AG
I'm assuming it's the Dan Bongino emotional unsafe parent videos. Regardless, emotional parents don't trump science.

Again, stop sexualizing children. It's sick. I know you hate to hear this, but you shouldn't look at children and only see potential breeders. That's a serious red flag. Just because you don't like the possible side effect of a medical treatment doesn't mean you, or politicians, get to make that decision for the patient.

Okay, now airplane mode. Repent.
Redstone
AG
So now another pathetic devolution of a once valuable term….
"medical treatment"

Sick indeed. Like abortion is "reproductive healthcare," correct?

Your advocacy is so inherently ridiculous and obviously harmful that will you lose.
Know that.

It may take a while, especially as regret can take the years that CHILDREN require to become adults, but you will lose.

Edit:
Who has MANY FIRST-HAND testimonies of regret?
Abigail Shrier. Check it out.
Redstone
AG
In addition, you may also be interested in the work of a major researcher in this field - J. Michael Bailey. Again, a leftist who does NOT have my worldview.

Plenty of researchers have cited his work on Autogynephilia as having significant explanatory power.

Johnny04
A transvestite claiming to have science on their side is one of the most baffling things I've heard.

Let's be clear. We are talking about the sterilization, castration and mutilation of the bodies of already at risk young people. They need help, not to be irreparably maimed by some woke doctor. Going down this dark path is only compounding problems. I can only imagine the despair of an already struggling individual who at some point realizes that with their whole life ahead of them, has made a choice that left them unable to ever have children or even be intimate with a partner.
nortex97
AG
Just based on the view count on this thread, and general response from the 'pro trans' side (not sure how else to categorize it, I am sure no matter how I phrase it someone and a merry band of followers will take offense), it is obvious how important this conquest is for their cause; namely, the imposition of these values/normalization/ability to transition kids at least down to 5 years old, and to coach them to do so when possible without the knowledge/consent of their parents.

They have epistemic closure over the matter, and cannot accept debate/dissenting opinions on it (this is also the case politically with much of the left on other matters.). I find it sad, and something more on the 'right' should fight back on, as the RCC Bishop in the OP expressed, but most who agree with 'my' side do not spend day/night worrying about it.
PacifistAg
AG
I don't think there are any transvestites on this thread.
PacifistAg
AG
Nobody is coaching kids to be trans. You can't "turn kids trans". No matter how much you say it, it still won't be true. We're taking about supporting them, and letting any medical intervention be the decision of doctor, patient, and guardian. Strangers obsessing over viewing children in terms of their ability to breed shouldn't have any say in medical treatment of these kids.

Heck, medical intervention isn't something that even happens until there's been therapy and a several year process. And then you're only seeing hormone treatment around 12 yr old, if the kids are lucky.
nortex97
AG
PacifistAg said:

Nobody is coaching kids to be trans. You can't "turn kids trans". No matter how much you say it, it still won't be true. We're taking about supporting them, and letting any medical intervention be the decision of doctor, patient, and guardian. Strangers obsessing over viewing children in terms of their ability to breed shouldn't have any say in medical treatment of these kids.

Heck, medical intervention isn't something that even happens until there's been therapy and a several year process. And then you're only seeing hormone treatment around 12 yr old, if the kids are lucky.
Sure, you keep repeating that falsehood. (Note; I am sure The Federalist is somehow illegitimate as a news source to link to some on this board, but many links and a discussion are provided in the article, regardless of how one views this particular publication).

Once again, with so many on the 'other' side of this discussion closed minded to any open scientific analyses of the risks/harms to support for kids in these situations (gender dysphoria during/before puberty), I don't really want to engage in a lengthy back and forth on the forum.
PacifistAg
AG
Quote:

They need help

Yes, and you know what the internationally accepted "help" looks like? The one supported by every major medical association?

I guess this will be where you'll claim that every major medical association is just corrupted by politics and you know better than all of them despite not having even an elementary understanding of the topic.
Redstone
AG
Autogynephilia
[A well researched phenomenon with significant explanatory power derided by ideologists. Which, thankfully, didn't work. Bailey the leftist remains prominent.]

Social contagion among young girls terrified of puberty
[Same]

Also -
Infant exposure
Abortion
Eugenics
Medically assisted suicide
Mutilation of children

Trust that Science, bigot
PacifistAg
AG
Predator doesn't understand what science is.
nortex97
AG
I linked to a discussion of the actual science/discussion of the ramifications.

Your attitude;

Redstone
AG
Correct. Predator absolutely has demonstrated no sense whatsoever of the great evils done in the name of "Science!"
Redstone
AG
Every poster on this thread has appealed to an authority outside of the self (and, by the way, the self is not sovereign, no matter the endurance of Gnostic-flavored argument) …

So, what god do those who advocate for the sterilization of children and adolescents as a "treatment" appeal to?

chuckd
AG

Quote:

Nope. Not remotely true. Probably best not to listen to someone on this topic when they don't even know what "transition" means.
I believe in another thread you and I discussed what it means (may have been this thread). That it was a combination of hormone therapy, your legal name/sex change, your surgery, and recognition from family and friends that you are a woman.
PacifistAg
AG
chuckd said:

Quote:

I believe in another thread you and I discussed what it means (may have been this thread). That it was a combination of hormone therapy, your legal name/sex change, your surgery, and recognition from family and friends that you are a woman.
Actually, transition will look different for everyone. It's really going to depend on the severity of the dysphoria. This was one area where Mark Yarhouse's book was helpful for me. Some people can't medically transition. I would not say that family/friend recognition has anything to do with it. My family could have rejected me wholesale, including my wife and kids. It wouldn't have negated my transition.
PacifistAg
AG
Redstone said:

Every poster on this thread has appealed to an authority outside of the self (and, by the way, the self is not sovereign, no matter the endurance of Gnostic-flavored argument) …

So, what god do those who advocate for the sterilization of children and adolescents as a "treatment" appeal to?

I don't advocate for the sterilization of children. I advocate for children to receive the treatment they need. Sometimes that could involve the side effect of sterilization. Regardless of how dishonest you want to be in how you paint it, the intent is not to "sterilize" children. The intent is to get them the help they need. Like with any medical treatment, there are often side effects. Whether or not a patient wants to deal with the side effects is not up to you or some moronic politician like Lauren Boebert. It's up to the patient, guardian (if a minor), and the doctor. As I told you before, it's frankly none of your business. You have no moral or legal right to interfere with the private medical decisions of others.

So, yes, for medical issues, I will appeal to those whom God has blessed with the intelligence to be doctors. They are trained professionals. I won't appeal to predators like you, who sexualize children. One appealing to trained medical professionals has no impact on their faith. I am a devout follower of Christ. I am His beautifully and wonderfully made daughter. That is not impacted by my transition. In fact, it's been helpful in my interactions with others in the church, or who are teetering on leaving the church, because they see me and begin to see that being an out and open trans woman doesn't require one to abandon their faith. They see someone whose faith has actually deepened.

I appeal to God. I appeal to medical professionals for medical issues. I appeal to auto mechanics when my car breaks down. I appeal to roofers if my roof needs to be replaced. I don't appeal to predators who only view children as breeders. Those people, I wouldn't trust to leave my children alone with.
chuckd
AG
PacifistAg said:

chuckd said:

Quote:

Actually, transition will look different for everyone. It's really going to depend on the severity of the dysphoria. This was one area where Mark Yarhouse's book was helpful for me. Some people can't medically transition. I would not say that family/friend recognition has anything to do with it. My family could have rejected me wholesale, including my wife and kids. It wouldn't have negated my transition.
I would think the social component of it would be important. Otherwise you could be a narcissist.

Do you view the hormone therapy as medically transitioning into a woman?
PacifistAg
AG
chuckd said:

PacifistAg said:

chuckd said:

Quote:

I would think the social component of it would be important. Otherwise you could be a narcissist.

I would say hormone therapy is one component of medical transition.
chuckd
AG
PacifistAg said:

chuckd said:

PacifistAg said:

chuckd said:

Quote:

What are other components?
PacifistAg
AG
chuckd said:

PacifistAg said:

chuckd said:

PacifistAg said:

chuckd said:

Quote:

What are other components?
Some examples are things like surgical intervention...gender confirmation surgery, "top" surgery, etc. Most trans people don't undergo surgical intervention, primarily due to costs since trans people suffer from a lot of employment discrimination, which results in lack of medical insurance (most plans will now cover GCS). Other surgeries are unfortunately typically considered cosmetic, although BCBS doesn't consider procedures like facial feminization, and other such surgeries cosmetic, so they've started covering though. They see them less cosmetic and more corrective.
Redstone
AG
Quote:

children to receive the treatment they need. Sometimes that could involve the side effect of sterilization.

What else is there to say about this Satanic delusion?

A concise summary. Kudos to your honestly.

Wake up, parents and caregivers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.